Bechtel Employee Reviews for Lead Hand

Found 21 reviews matching the search See all 2,542 reviews
I enjoyed working with Bechtel in achieving company goals & enjoyed personal gains in Both money & experience
Leading Hand Piping (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island QLD13 March 2017
I worked for Bechtel for 39 months in total , I enjoyed the challenges from leading a workforce to complete on time production requirements . Also dealing with personal , requests & requirements to maintain a safe work crew
Pros
BBQ's for productivity bonuses, awards & recognition to teams & individuals
Cons
Long days
gret place to work
Storeman / Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Queensland21 February 2017
The day to day work was fun and enjoyable with the staff. Helping each other out on the job .Providing the right equipment for the crews on the job site all day and everyday.
Construction of APLNG gas plant
Leading hand Rigger/Operator (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD24 January 2017
I worked in this construction job for a little under four years seen it get built from the ground up working in a safe environment with a lot of good men expanding my experience and broadening my knowledge and skills
great place
FIFO Leading Hand Sheetmetal (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD27 October 2016
great place to work lots of happy people great money every one always enjoyed working there. wish it lasted longer than it did
Well paying job and gave great exposure to the gas industry
Electrical leading hand (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD3 May 2016
Worked extremely long days due to having to catch a boat to and from the job. I learnt alot about hazardous area electrical installations and also general industrial installations. the work crews were always very tight and worked well together.
Camp had all the facilities you require.
Electrical Boilermaker Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  GLNG Curtis Island5 April 2016
Was everything I imagined it would be. Good clean work Good conditions and numerically rewarding. Met some good tradesmen and good supervision in most areas. Was prepared to work more hours as living on an Island can be taxing when idle.
Good conditions
Electrical Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island QLD3 April 2016
Downer are a big company which provide good conditions and good money and secure stable work environment.Good facilities.
Pros
Good conditions
Cons
Overall good place to work, great pay, too many hours.
Labourer/Operator/Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD8 February 2016
Throughout this job I worked 58 hours per week, this left little to no time for fun and family time. Team mates were all great people, management was good, job was good although a little repetitive at times. I have had my experience with construction work and wouldn't go back as I now have a family.
Pros
Big money
Cons
Way too many hours
Productive and everyday different challenges
Leading hand Storeperson (Former Employee) –  Gladstone Curtis Island2 February 2016
Had a great team and always worked together to over come any challenges with success and was an integral part of providing support to construction on QCLNG OG&C Plant safely.
Pros
Everyday there was always something new to learn
Cons
Long hours but enjoyed seeing the accomplishment of the teams achievements
great work place and experience with a global leader.
Role - Leading Hand (Current Employee) –  Curtis Island, QLD14 July 2015
Working on the construction phase of one of the biggest LNG plants in the world, gaining the best experience in machine operations, carpentry and a management over see.

Every day my role changed depending on clientele needs and i have gained the skills to adapt , work in team environments and or un supervised to get the job done in a quality and safe way.

Learning how to manage and organise team members and prioritise tasks accordingly.
Pros
the wide range of experience
Cons
long roster 4 weeks on 1 week off FIFO
The workplace was a hectic and challenging place to work, but fun filled with strict targets and goals to meet.
Leading hand Rigger (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD9 July 2015
A typical day at work started with my morning meetings to plan out work and procedures for the day and week ahead. Then a prestart meeting with the crew to relay the job fronts and assign crew members to there respective jobs. I learned a lot through out this contract due to being made leading hand early in the job and thoroughly enjoyed and embraced the opportunity. Unfortunately Bechtel had a large turnover of management that disrupted work and workers alike, but we as a crew pushed on through this completing our goals and targets. My co-workers and crew were more then i could of ever asked for, with a great balance of new comers to the industry and experienced workers made the process a great success and was a great learning experience for me and the crew. The hardest part of the job was executing plans from management that were not set out correctly due to high turnover, but we as a crew managed to do so without incident and with the up most safety. The most enjoyable part of my job was the bond between our crew that made the job safer, fluent, and successful.
Pros
great wages, meeting great people
Cons
long time from loved ones
Productive with all work crews
Fitter & Turner / Leading hand (Former Employee) –  Curtis island. Qld30 June 2015
Was a good company to work for. Did a lot of overtime as I do enjoy working. I am very motivated so this job really suited me.
aplng
Electrician/Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  gladstone28 May 2015
the job itself was very lucrative but it could be hard working away from home for 4 weeks at a time. It was a good learning experience for me.
Excellent career opportunity
Electrical Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  Onslow Western Australia13 February 2015
Construction, Maintenance commisioning of primary facilities and equipment essential to the project. Instruct, manage and transfer technical knowledge to other electrical team members to improve their skills and capabilities as an experienced senior Electrician.
• Liase with Client and Project management to resolve relevant issues and complete tasks on deadline schedule
great place to work at.
Rigger / Leading Hand (Former Employee) –  QLD12 January 2015
this was a great place to work at .with a great bunch of people how would help[ one another out if you had a problem or if you just needed help.there was a number of challenges that we faced from day to day, this was made easy with the help form management and work colleges. overall this made the lob a great place to work.
Pros
free food and accommodation
Cons
living away from home, you ajust it!!!
Great job to develop new skills.
Electrical Leading Hand (Current Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD29 January 2014
Leading a crew of workers to install new equipment such as cable tray, cable, DB's, instruments, lighting, hazardous area equipment.
I learned to handle different personalities to make the person feel apart of the team and demonstrate their best abilities.
58 Hour weeks,, with some overtime
Made Leading Hand (Current Employee) –  Darwin N.T. Aus l Gladstone Qld.Aus (current)13 December 2013
Good company to work, training opportunities, good working crew at workface
Pros
Comfortable life style
Cons
Goal posts keeping changing
great place to work very long days for locals
Leading Hand Formworker OSBL (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD2 December 2013
one of the best construction sites I have worked at management really fort for their teams wasn't waiting around for gear or confirmation. If there was a way to do something quicker and easy and under cost it was approved straight away. I personally as a leading hand achieved more on this site then any other job as a leading hand.
Pros
very easy job to get out of bed for
Cons
very long days for locals
good work enviroment
Bechtel Tanks Leading Hand Curtis Is- Cranes (Current Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD27 November 2013
would work for them again lots of over time available and a good balance between work an home life
Can be a very Demanding job
Leading Hand Rigger (Current Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD3 October 2013
The place is under construction. So every day it has its ups an downs..
Pros
half hour Smoko an Lunch
Cons
4 on 1 off