Bechtel Employee Reviews for Pipefitter

Found 18 reviews matching the search See all 2,544 reviews
very good
Pipe Fitter (Current Employee) –  Onslow WA21 March 2018
the recreation is good,food is alright,working invironment is normal,many good people around you friendly in hospitality,im very happy to perform my work everyday,good leading hand and supervisor always look after you every time,the hardest for me is when miss home sometime,but im injoy to great peaple everyday specially my friend at work,we work as a team nothing to worry.
My work
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA21 January 2018
I liked to work with bechtel company for the long project. They concern worker very well.
I usually work Pipimg job and boiler maker also. Most hard time was hot weather Job was Ok.
They have good friend and good entertainment was there.
Productive and fun because of its' facilities, working environment, compensation and harmonious relationship with people.
Pipe Fitter / Fabrication (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone WA26 December 2017
A typical day at work is having a toolbox meeting, that discussed to practice safety while on site and giving us updates on our working environment on a daily basis. I have learned to be more flexible in terms of handling different equipment, type of works and dealing with different kind of people in general. The only hardest part is being away with my family. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see that the project is up and running.
Huge money, hard work but rewarding career move
Pipe Fitter at Queensland LNG Project Australia (Former Employee) –  Queensland11 December 2017
FIFO is not for everyone but Bechtel was a good employer to work for over the short period I did FIFO, the money was great and the work was exciting and challenging. Safety is paramount and Bechtel took this very seriously while I was there which was reassuring and made me feel safe going to work on site each day.
Productive, Safe inviroment to work in
Helping Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD24 June 2016
Up at 4:00 am to get to Port Central in time to catch the Ferry over to Curtis Island in time to start work by 6:00. Have our Tool box at 6:05am then start my 10hr Daily shift.
On the Island you came across and worked with all different types of Nationality workers. My co-workers were fantastic to work with and have a good old fashion laugh on our lunch break. Still in contact with some of them now.
While working on the Island I learnt some new skills on Pipe Fitting
My job was a fantastic enjoyable job that I loved, there was nothing I dislike about it. The most rewarding part was knowing that I finished my task for the day successfully and was safe.
Fifo construction at qclng & glng.
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island QLD29 May 2016
Working as a Pipefitter at both QCLNG & GLNG, & also working various crews, through my time there I had some of the best supervisors I have known also excellent workmates who know their trade.
Productive, Job Satisfaction, Supportive Management
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island QLD17 April 2016
A typical day at work for me was being busy at all times & the feeling of great satisfaction at the end of the day knowing that the task handed to me was completed & my supervisor was happy with the work carried out. Management made me feel like a valuable employee & had confidence in all tasks handed to me.
I learned how to accept people for who they are by keeping an open mind & by getting the know their culture & their back round. I formed great bonds at Bechtel.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being there from the start & seeing the first cargo LNG ship leave with gas. Being part of the Bechtel family was an honour..home away from home!
Pros
Excellent Accommodation, Meals, Facilities, Work place, Site Seeing
Cons
Sand flies
productive and fun work place and its near my home
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD20 January 2016
everyday we do safety meeting before we start working
i did my apprenticeship here and i learned a lot and improve my skill
great place to work at with nice and friendly work mate
Pros
free lunch
Cons
productive and fun work place with gym and basketball court
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD20 January 2016
Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me filling all the reminder and safety procedure before we start at work.
I learned a lot of things like working at heights you need to make sure you have all the tools you need and draw ISO. Drawing using wire shaping/bending base on the ISO drawing.& orthographic projection (drawing) recognition always work fine
all my workmates is nice and friendly but so serious when the job the most enjoyable part of the job is when u finish and go hang with friend go for gym or basketball
Pros
free food
Could have been better
LH pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD16 December 2015
Workmates were great, management not so great. Job could have been awesome but was let down by poor supervision. Conditions were good.
Pros
Workmates
Cons
It was the best job l have ever had
Pipe Fitter Gas Turbine Compressor Deck (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island LNG Project Queensland21 September 2015
It was fun to do the planned activities that Bechtel put on for everyone , l enjoyed these times very much.
A typical day at work was wake up at 3.00 pm, have dinner from 3.30 to 4.00 then bus to site have prestart at 5.00 then do ten hour shifts with two half hour breaks, one at 8.30pm and one at 11.30pm
and be back at camp at 3.00 am to get some sleep ready for the next shift.
I learned a lot about putting large bore pipe together as l had never had a chance to work with big bore before.
Management were the best l have had to work with as they never made me feel stressed beyond my capacity.
Co workers were mostly great to get along with and were helpful where ever they could be.
The hardest part of the job was when l was given notice to finnish up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when l got given a start on the big profect.
Pros
Made plenty of money
Cons
Never thought that the job would end
safe work place
Tradesmen/pipefitter (Current Employee) –  gladstone30 August 2015
Im looking for a safe work place that has great communication between people on the floor and management. that has a good range of work to be done and learn from.
Pros
safety
good food, good safety quality
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, QLD27 July 2015
Bechtel provides its employees with much accommodation and supply them with much food. Bechtel also makes its work sites as safe as possible. It is a great working site.
Productive and well paid
leading hand pipe fitter (Current Employee) –  Curtis Island, QLD16 May 2015
Close to home so great job,Very good lads to work with,safety is also at a very high standard which makes the Job a lot easier.
Good Company
BM/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Various18 April 2015
This company has been around for a very long time (1880) as a construction company. If you have been in the military, 4x1 it is a breeze. If you haven't Harden Up!!! Their systems must work, or they would not be still operating. Construction has changed so much over the last few years, that it is hardly recognizable. All people seem to do these days is b--ch & whinge instead of getting on with it. I have worked for Bechtel on 7 Projects in Australia & NZ since 1982, although I have not been employed with them over the last 5yrs. I always found the personnel at the top approachable & helpful, this is because they ensure that it is right for the people on the ground. Remember some people like to lead, others like to follow. Construction is not for everyone & this is coming through in the comments in this column. If its not for you, get out before you hurt yourself, or someone else. Let people who want to be there get a go. The jobs do come to an end people, a lot of you out there think they don't, & that's when the sh-t hits the fan.
Pros
Good People good money good accom Money making roster
Cons
B--ching & Whinging of those that really don't want to be there Supervision too young (sometimes)
get job satisfaction
Pipe Fitter (Current Employee) –  Curtis Island QLD12 January 2015
Morning toolbox , issued with task, find drawings, pipe spools, fittings, locate and determine measurements, begin fit up,
Do not take drawing info as true.
Report to leading hands, supervisor.
Work crew consists of pipe fitters welders riggers, t/as
Waiting for gear, cranes,
Going home at the end of the day in 1 piece.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Away from family
Not family orientated at all.
pipe fitter/Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Gladstone8 January 2015
Very Detatched company long hours very little communication between management and workers,Great bunch of people to work with