Bechtel Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 69 reviews matching the search See all 2,521 reviews
Salary benefic is good, however work culture and management is poor
Mechanical Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  LNG Wheatstone in Onslow WA29 September 2018
The hardest part of job is very long working hours, discussions with management about dealing with subcontractors and their lack of support. In case of errorus design, Bechtel management was unwilling to admit this thus creates delays in construction/schedule and cost.
Pros
Reasonable good money
Cons
Excellent company to work with
Lead Painting, Insulation & Fireproofing (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA24 July 2018
Great culture and support within Bechtel, good salary, never any issues with payments. Great support from senior management and day to day work colleagues
Boilermaker / Welder Structural / Piping ISBL (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA1 May 2018
it is time to Change The Rules and bring fairness back to working people! We need a secure job we can count on and wages that pay the bills! We pay our fair share of tax - big business should too!
Fairly well organised place
Contracts Formation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD19 March 2018
Not too bad to work under. Accepting of work-life balance.

Teamwork is good to be around. I found them to be great when asking questions and receiving of answers.
Productive fun workplace
TA/ HR driver site wide (Current Employee) –  Wheatstone WA28 February 2018
Nice people to work wish and we are all going for the same goal. Everyone is polite when they have to be which keeps everyone happy. The job site is tiny and the camp is tiny as well
Pros
Good workplace
Cons
Productive and a fun place to work at
Intl & Domestic Australia Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 February 2018
Bechtel over all is a fantastic company to work for its a very large company and has a very good job work/ life balance within the company and flexible hours.

Health and safety policy are very strong with this company not just at work but day to day life outside of the workplace.

The workplace culture is very diverse and works very well.

Management, Managers and supervisors are open to advancement and training and it's an open door policy with any concerns.

It's a very fast past company/ work environment to work for and has very good cross training programs within departments.

The hardest part when you start with Bechtel is knowing how the company works and keeping up with the strict deadline policy that are put into place but once you get used to this it's well worth it when everyone in the team pulls together and works as a team and helps trouble shoots any issues that arise.

The thing about Bechtel is its a team environment atmosphere if an issue arises its not one persons issue to deal with it becomes the teams issue to solve together which helps with team building within your team that you can trust and support one another in any aspect of each others position.
Pros
Great Health Fun, Flu Shots, Bonus, Xmas Parties, Great Benefits
My work
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA21 January 2018
I liked to work with bechtel company for the long project. They concern worker very well.
I usually work Pipimg job and boiler maker also. Most hard time was hot weather Job was Ok.
They have good friend and good entertainment was there.
Love working with bechtel
Mech/ Piping Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheatstone WA11 January 2018
Great company to work for look after there craft very well and the management team are very good to work with, the safety is second to non will always recommend Bechtel
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours away from home
day at work
Welding supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aus9 January 2018
enjoyable and friendly work mates. always someone to listen to you.thee work was good and the hours of work was what i wanted. the work lifr balance was good
Pros
free BBQs
Cons
health care
Excellent conditions
Fitter (Current Employee) –  Onslow WA11 October 2017
I've worked for Bechtel now for 3 yrs on 2 multi-billion dollar Oil and Gas Construction Projects and I rate my experience so far as excellent. 4-1 roster is the only not so good thing.
Pros
everything paid for
Cons
4-1 roster
Not Bad
Contracts Admin (Former Employee) –  Perth WA1 September 2017
Bechtel is a global EPCM company with many opportunities to move around to different projects around the globe. Being a private company you do not get the same benefits and transparency you receive in a public company.
Pros
Global opportunities, Subsidized Health Care
Cons
No Salary Reviews, minimal bonuses
Great comany with great facilities
Mechanical Fitter & Turner/Leading Hand (Current Employee) –  wheatstone, WA, Australia5 August 2017
have worked with them for over 3 years now and have always looked after me and my famiy at home and at work. one of the best places nd employers i have had the opportunity to work for.
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
hard to move up in the workplace
Standard FIFO work
Advanced Rigger (Current Employee) –  Onslow WA25 July 2017
Good company to work for. Very hard lifestyle, especially if you have, or want a family. workload is never overwhelming, and good support is always there if you need it.
Pros
great pay
Cons
away from home
gain skills around the gas and mining industry
Trade Assistant (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island QLD25 June 2017
Gain various skills around a large industry in the gas and mining sector, to include the likes of 'lock out tag out' and permit to work around dangerous and hazardous materials. Met some great tradesman from all around the world and earned a family supportive income. It was hard to be away from the family at times and the hours were long. overall it was a good job.
Pros
regular income
Cons
i was enjoy with working for the big company.
Cryogenic lagger and sheet metal work (Current Employee) –  Gladstone QLD7 June 2017
i was enjoy working as FIFO get to meet new friends and people from different state . company is very serious about safety all employee must follow the procedure and everyone are friendly and respect each other.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Worked as bus driver then transferred to scaffold yard and got valuable experience operating trucks, forklifts ( telehandlers) and yard operations.
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Gladstone5 May 2017
Long work days but very good rewards and experience. No much time to do other activities except devote time for your fitness and health for work. Creates good contacts.
Pros
Extra benefits and opportunity to work overtime.
Cons
Not easy for fifo people but locals can manage a reasonable work family balance
extremely busy ensuring we have a good start-up
Preservation Supervisor on the Wheatstone project (Former Employee) –  Onslow WA5 May 2017
Prestart with the crew, pick-up permits as required for certain tasks, make sure craft have signed on to correct JHA's and have completed personnel Starrt cards. Check each work location through out the day. Answer any questions raised through the day from craft, Liaise with engineering, liaise with other supervision to remove road blocks. Ensure consumables, tooling, products required for each task are available and re-order as required. Complete the day with a close-out meeting and sign-off to ensure all are accounted for. Submit daily reports and return any permits etc... used for the day.
Cons
Have to deal with a few couple superintendents
Company
Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD3 May 2017
This is the Best company I have worked with. I don't see any issue in this company. All the departments are doing their job with professional way. They have major work in Gulf.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
free accomodation on sites
great place to work
QCLNG Security Nightshift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Curtis Island Gladstone10 April 2017
Best company I have ever worked for, very caring and family focussed and very strict with Safety which is very good. The management at QCLNG were very fair and consistant.
Ok
Water treatment operator (Current Employee) –  Wheatstone WA7 April 2017
Good money 4 on 1off fly in fly out good food and accommodation good place to work have gained a lot of experience here to use to further my job prospects in the oil and gas
Pros
Good money
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bechtel. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K