Bed Bath N' Table
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bed Bath N' Table Employee Reviews

Australia42 reviews
Would not recommend long term.
I was thankfully transferred to another store 3 months after starting at bed bath and table. The first team I worked with was very unpleasant and hard to get along with. Second location was much better team work and management but the work load was over whelming and extremely repetitive.
Pros
Good quality product most team members are friendly.
Cons
If you aren't full time you hours can disappear drastically.
Loved working here
As a visual merchandiser here I loved it. They are super supportive and trained me really well.
From the interview process it was really smooth and then from there it was just as good. The girls were so lovely

I’ll miss working here
Productive and great team environment
Management does the best they can for you in relation to work hours. Fun and friendly teams. Super supportive environment, and easily approachable staff.
Bullying culture with unreasonable expectations
Terrible upper management
Regional managers are incapable of inspiring performance so resort to bullying tactics

Worst job Ever

Products often faulty
Awesome
Loved working for Bed Bath And Table great people and a great company. I worked as a Casual Stock Assistant as a Christmas Casual. I loved unpacking boxes and sorting through it. I loved keeping busy and also helped the customers which wasnt my role to do but I did anyway and I loved it.
Toxic culture never happy
A couple that takes being treated like a number to a whole new level. I have over 20 yrs experience in retail and this was the worst I have ever been treated as a manager. HO have lost touch with reality. U r expected to work miracles with nothing and then shamed when u donthave enough customers walk in the door. No trust, no positivity and no advancements
Manager disasters!
store manager doesn’t treat assistant managers and staff with respect
benefits and discounts are average

they do sell nice products though, pretty overpriced
Subpar
System of authority was awful. Particular area managers were relentless/ rude/ arrogant and this attests to culture of company. Sales targets unrealistic and staff don’t get paid enough for level of expectations
Best job I have ever had! People and Product are amazing.
Worked in store for 2 years whilst at uni studying interior design. Learnt so much about styling and customer service. Our team was a like a family, and loved coming to work each day. Didn't want to leave, but moved overseas!
Passionate and Driven culture
I love working for this business, there is a great amount of structure in place and the main focus we have in store is to drive a great customer experience and drive sales. We have friendly competition in our store and it makes for a fun and motivated team culture. I hope to continue a long journey with Bed Bath N' Table.
Fast paced and collaborative work culture
It is great working for a family owned and Australian business.
Opportunity to grow and develop my skills and make a difference.

Fast paced environment which keeps it fun and diverse.

Working with like minded, passionate and a driven team to achieve the business goals in a collaborative work space.
Reliable workers
Need to have more reliable workers who do not slack off. We were hired to do this job and we should give 110% into completing set tasks, achieving store goals and also being an example to others
Pros
Great work discounts
Cons
Some lack motivation
Busy and intense work environment
It was a very busy environment but that's only because I was a casual sales assistant during the busiest time of the year for the business. Otherwise, overall the team members are lovely.
Can't hold onto staff, poor upper management
During my time as a christmas casual there wasn't a manager or assistant manager. An assistant manager was only found in February at the end of my term. In the meantime responsibility fell on the workers to organize the store and rosters during the whole chaotic christmas period. Occasionally a manager from another store would come in to help but it was the team who carried the store through the hectic christmas sales. Casuals underwent brief training about facing and merchandising the store but any product knowledge after that was found in my own time or shared by my colleagues.

The pressure of obtaining sales after the christmas rush was terrible, colleagues making customers wait for them to serve despite other attendants being free. Colleagues also avoided 'small sales' to keep themselves free for a bigger sale. Despite this team members rarely met their personal budgets, mainly due to a lack of actual customers.

I was not kept on as a permanent part-time assistant. I felt I had the best grasp of the products, provided excellent service, contributed a lot to the store. I was constantly available and reliable and made it known that I wanted to continue on in the position. My downfall may have been that I'm not an aggressive seller nor was I connected within the store.

I have since learned that seven of eight workers in the team have left, including the assistant manager, and they had gone through multiple managers within a short span of 7 months.

The best part of the job was looking at the lovely products. You still couldn't afford them even with staff discount
 - more...
Pros
You can look at the pretty things
Cons
Poor upper management, unrealistic sales expectations
Christmas Casual
I honestly hated working here, the workers were really nice but the management was BAD. No real management, so you would get in trouble for things you had no direction on, i feel like they just want someone to blame and deflect rather than actually working through challenges.
Pros
better pay than maccas
Cons
no room, extremely bad management
Worst company I have ever worked for
This company creates an environment for bullying. Head office has no idea what goes on in stores. Management at the store I worked at used bullying and threats to get things done. Girls on floor were fabulous only reason I stayed so long.
Pros
great product.
Cons
ridiculous expectations.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Underpaid, overworked staff. Poor leadership with people who have no clue what they are doing. Toxic culture where bullying is tolerated. Family owned business with no family values at all. Those in power are the worst of them all
Pros
There are none
Cons
As above
Hard work with little acknowledgement
Not sure how the company gets away with staff having to lift such heavy boxes, climb ladders with your arms full of sheets, blankets etc.
My manager was hopeless, disorganized which made it stressful for the casuals but the regional manager didn’t seem to see it.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Heavy work, no room to advance in position, unreasonable expectations
No support from regional managers
No recognition for a job well done. Manager at time (who was asked to eventually step down) was a headless chicken not knowing how to manage a team or complete jobs. Started to turn into a very bullied workplace. Too many indians acting like chefs. No support is given from regional manager or HR. Managers are expected to be able to do everything with no guidance which affected casual staff. No career progression. Discount was nice but didn't usually go any bigger than when things were already on a sale price.
Pros
Working with amazing products
Cons
No support from managers, workplace bullying and harassment, small discount, told to do extra things without recognition
Horrible place to work at. Senior Management have no idea about Retail Management. Do not help people on the shop floor with troubleshooting problems
Hated working at this place. Though my Manager at the time was very helpful to me in my short stint working at The Walk Store in Melbourne.

Customers are very pleasant and do appreciate you when you constantly help them with their Homeware needs.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Senior Management and Area Managers are incompetent and have no concern of running stores
Good for a short time
The company is a bit outdated on how the measure KPIs and don't appreciate good hard working staff. Can be a bit school girl like nastiness at times because everyone is trying to make a sale and reach budgets/KPIs. Is good if you only want to work a short period of time. There is unnecessary pressure to get a "gold star" and if you are at the top you are a continual target for some to dislike and try to thrown under a bus. However the products are unique and the seasonal decorations are great and the customers were what made it good.
Pros
The variety of products and the seasonal decorations
Cons
Too much emphasis on KPIs that are not accurate
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bed Bath N' Table. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9