Bed Bath N' Table Employee Reviews

Christmas Casual
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 May 2019
I honestly hated working here, the workers were really nice but the management was BAD. No real management, so you would get in trouble for things you had no direction on, i feel like they just want someone to blame and deflect rather than actually working through challenges.
Pros
better pay than maccas
Cons
no room, extremely bad management
Worst company I have ever worked for
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Essendon VIC6 May 2019
This company creates an environment for bullying. Head office has no idea what goes on in stores. Management at the store I worked at used bullying and threats to get things done. Girls on floor were fabulous only reason I stayed so long.
Pros
great product.
Cons
ridiculous expectations.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Head Office (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 April 2019
Underpaid, overworked staff. Poor leadership with people who have no clue what they are doing. Toxic culture where bullying is tolerated. Family owned business with no family values at all. Those in power are the worst of them all
Pros
There are none
Cons
As above
Hard work with little acknowledgement
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Queensland29 March 2019
Not sure how the company gets away with staff having to lift such heavy boxes, climb ladders with your arms full of sheets, blankets etc.
My manager was hopeless, disorganized which made it stressful for the casuals but the regional manager didn’t seem to see it.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Heavy work, no room to advance in position, unreasonable expectations
No support from regional managers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Qld16 March 2019
No recognition for a job well done. Manager at time (who was asked to eventually step down) was a headless chicken not knowing how to manage a team or complete jobs. Started to turn into a very bullied workplace. Too many indians acting like chefs. No support is given from regional manager or HR. Managers are expected to be able to do everything with no guidance which affected casual staff. No career progression. Discount was nice but didn't usually go any bigger than when things were already on a sale price.
Pros
Working with amazing products
Cons
No support from managers, workplace bullying and harassment, small discount, told to do extra things without recognition
Horrible place to work at. Senior Management have no idea about Retail Management. Do not help people on the shop floor with troubleshooting problems
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC 300012 January 2019
Hated working at this place. Though my Manager at the time was very helpful to me in my short stint working at The Walk Store in Melbourne.

Customers are very pleasant and do appreciate you when you constantly help them with their Homeware needs.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Senior Management and Area Managers are incompetent and have no concern of running stores
Good for a short time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia17 November 2018
The company is a bit outdated on how the measure KPIs and don't appreciate good hard working staff. Can be a bit school girl like nastiness at times because everyone is trying to make a sale and reach budgets/KPIs. Is good if you only want to work a short period of time. There is unnecessary pressure to get a "gold star" and if you are at the top you are a continual target for some to dislike and try to thrown under a bus. However the products are unique and the seasonal decorations are great and the customers were what made it good.
Pros
The variety of products and the seasonal decorations
Cons
Too much emphasis on KPIs that are not accurate
Over worked and underpaid. No recognition for job well done.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South Melbourne VIC5 November 2018
Very physical and back breaking work. Had tennis elbow and a bad back after 4 years here. Not unusual to unpack 30-40 boxes of stock daily and expected to put stock away on ladders that don't adhere to OHS. You only hear from Management if they need something.
Pros
Discounts on linen and gift vouchers for making targets.
Cons
On your feet all day, little support, low staff numbers expected to work overtime with no extra pay.
Lively workplace and a friendly team
RETAIL SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 October 2018
A great role for individuals passionate about working in sales with a fun and friendly atmosphere. A typical day at work would be providing assistance to loyal customers in helping to decorate their homes with our exclusive designer products.
Terrible management and discrimination
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD17 October 2018
As a casual you are expected to be available 100% which is unrealistic and if you aren't they cut back your hours to the bare minimum, and adequate training is not provided
School yard bullies
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Qld10 August 2018
One of the worst employers I’ve ever had. Regional manager who is a complete bully. There’s a lack of training, no support. They promised cash bonuses that turned out to be store credits that didn’t get paid anyway. No acknowledgement for good work. Constant criticism.
Pros
Cons
Horrible bosses
Productive workplace,
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 April 2018
Being at school at the time I was unable to get efficient hours that I needed. But a typical work day at BBNT was relatively good, it was a small quiet store so not much to do on an average day. I learned when selling an item I need to know everything about that item, its "backstory" basically in order to fulfil the customers needs and wants. The management was good as well, quite strict but in a working environment its easy to handle and work with so it didn't bother me. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to budget, as it was a quiet store there weren't many customers to help out or work with so our budget for each individual team member fell behind and was quite hard to master. I did love working in an environment with such amazing stock and also working in retail its very big on customer service which I absolutely love.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Small working area, very many requirements, far from my area
Busy work place that always keeps you on your toes.
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Werribee VIC3 April 2018
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people, both the customers and employees. I like that fact that it is busy, their is never nothing to do you are always on the move so you're never bored.
productive, fast paced , positive work environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW12 February 2018
I loved working at Bed Bath n table the work environment was upbeat positive and an amazing environment to be in.
My 2nd in charge manager was an amazing support and built confidence up in the team.
I learned to deal with customer complaints and how to make beds and once again make that personal connection with consumers.
Productive and friendly work place
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 January 2018
Excellent management,
Great experience,
Lots of hard work around Christmas time, plenty of customers with lots of questions.
It helps to have a great deal of knowledge about company and products.
Lots of physical jobs required.
Pros
fair breaks
Cons
some days, understaffed
Great teams, great customers, great product.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hawksburn VIC25 September 2017
As a store Manager my teams are absolutely amazing! But with salary you do a lot more than what you get paid to do. If the salary was great I would definitely say it is an amazing company to work for.

But my teams make it a place I want to go to every day.
Cons
salary
Fun people in our store
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Robina QLD6 September 2017
I loved working at our store we had a real family environment. We worked for each other & our manager empowered us to have our responsibility for our work. We all loved what we did & even in the busiest of times at Christmas & stocktakes we would have fun. The temp has certainly changed now tho
Pros
Best friends
Cons
Not much care for employees from senior management
Flexible workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Wharf VIC19 July 2017
Flexible workplace for career entry. A typical day at work consists of preparation for store opening, customer service, meeting KPI's and visual merchandising.
Flexibility
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 May 2017
Not very flexible with rosters and understaffed. I was forced to find a replacement for a shift when I was sick even though it was the manager's role to do this. I also had issues with uni, I was forced to sacrifice my most of my time at work because they were understaffed.
good place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA27 January 2017
the day is fulfilling as well as tiring. There is never a dull moment or "nothing to do. whether it is cleaning, unpacking stock or serving the myriad of customers that walk through our door. Management is good but could be improved, the hardest part of the job is the physicality. lots of lifting, redecorating etc.
Pros
great staff
Cons
lack of communication