Belgravia Leisure
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Belgravia Leisure Employee Reviews

Australia37 reviews
Everyday would be different from the nest, Some more challenging than others but it would be the team that where working on the day that would make it.
Because of Belgravia, I'll never work in the industry again.
I was in a supervisor position, smashing my work with great results.

Management were completely useless. Exact words were "you're on your own".

I've been in the industry for over a decade and was passed up for a management position over someone with little to no experience. Favouritism was rife.

They destroyed their relationship with the local swimming club and put me in an awkward position.

I was the head coach and management refused to take these duties into account, meaning I worked for months without days off.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Very good company that allows work for workers and helps for someone to grow in the community offers many options customer service, teaching, cafe etc
Well pretty underpaid and no internal career development. Work wise it is not very challenging. I prefer to gain challenges every day and gain knowledge and practical experience to enhance my career.
To much paper work and reporting told one thing then something else was done and not backed up. Not enough tools to do our job which made us look silly in front of customers.
It was very collaborative, interactive, fun, and I was able to become close with the team after a short amount of time. I was doing this I was passionate about, which I am very grateful for.
Really enjoyed the work place. The day to day life and banter of the work place was really enjoyable. I enjoyed coming to work and really like the people who I worked with.
I work in the company since 2016. It safe environment and good company to work with. All managers and employees are very friendly. It's multicultural environment and I always enjoy to help my team members. Also company has grate benefits.
I learned a whole range of coaching and communication skills as well as the correct terminology for gymnastic positions. The culture of the workplace was enjoyable and friendly. The hardest part of the job was learning the lesson plan and sticking to it but it was easy enough to overcome.
$14.76/ hour as a lifeguard under 18 no penalty rates, so they only make juniors work public holidays. Winter comes less hours for juniors. At the place I work at workplace is bias in a way of rostering.
Pros
Get paid to walk
Cons
Poor management, Bad winter hours, poor rostering, bad pay, no penalty rates
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Belgravia Leisure?
Rewards to favorites and advancement to favorites
Want you to put in 200% when management only give Less then half

Bad for bullying and no direction from supervisor and manager
Pros
The people you meet
Cons
Bullying
great advancement opportunities good management great safety and overall company standards, great team mates, fortnightly pay I think weekly would be better
EFM McLaren Vale was a great workplace, with a great location, great boss, neat and tidy environment and great clientele. was a great place to wok overall.
Great outdoor environment however work life balance is non existent. Split shifts, weekends, no penalty rates, bad management and bullying ruin this job. No advancements in the company. Great casual job for young people or people who just want a few hours a week.
Pros
Customers, outdoors
Cons
Split shifts, no penalty rates, no work life balance, no advancing, hard to gain full time position
Hours were limited to 5 max per day and you were lucky to get more than 2 shifts a week. I learned not to bother putting up with poor management and that you can determine your own value as an employee. Management were full of empty promises and sticky tape fixes for long term problems. The centre ran well due to the fact that the lower tier workers bought in to make our own lives easier because management wasn't going to. The culture was really good to begin with due to everyone being on the same page and disliking management but eventually evolved into people throwing others under the bus due to the way the company chose to encourage promotions. The hardest part of the job was feeling greatly underappreciated by management. The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving it.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
limited hours, no security, little to no support from management
Working at a water park has is great. You work with a lot of kids, so you have to be bubbly and friendly. It is rewarding working there. Management is flexible.
Pros
Free entry on days off
Cons
nothing
It involved everything I had studied. I enjoyed running competitions and building relationships with members and patrons. The workplace environment was a good place to be in.
You should think twice before joining such abusive sick environment in Belgravia Cairns. Managers are arrogant and completely out of focus, lack experience and misuse their authority. Their focus is short sighted on daily income but no clear strategy on how to keep and sustain long term clients. Inexperienced staff who are struggling to provide quality service . The turn over is high causing many disappointment among clients.

However, the facility is very clean and is the best in Cairns. Lifeguards are very friendly and willing to help all the time.
Pros
free access during off days, discounted food
Cons
not enough hours for casual staff
staff get along very well and are very respectful to me on a personal level, get along with the manager, great work life balance, have fun on days off, great staff functions.
Pros
free entry; discounted food; discounted coffee
Cons
N/a
A typical day working at Pittsworth Aquatic Centre includes on deck lifeguarding, pool tests, general cleaning (pools, bathrooms, etc), cooking, customer service and swim teaching. I have learnt many aspects while on the job, including teaching children how to swim, how things work in the pump room, dealing with customers, first aid/CPR (saving a patron) etc.
The hardest part of the job would be teaching children how to swim as every child learns differently and got to adjust some activities too there level etc.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be working on the big inflatable (blow up obstacle course) that goes in water. Another good part of working here is its a nice friendly environment and a good workplace to work in.
this company is good for getting your getting experience but i would not recommend it has terrible pay and no penalty rates, the pay is often wrong, and you only get roasters on the 25th of the month before at the earliest, this means that you don't know when your working until 5 days before the month start. the only good thing are the other employees and easy to get a job there.
Pros
other staff
Cons
pay and roastering
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Belgravia Leisure. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6