Bendigo Bank Employee Reviews

Career Advancement
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 June 2019
Very Political organisation... Career advancement is limited, it is 'who you know & not what you know' culture... 'Very old school' used to be 'jobs for the boys' now it is 'jobs for the girls'. In order to progress your career you must have a sponsor. There is a lack of transparency. Management does not like to be questioned on decisions. People are placed in roles as a fill in, then the jobs are advertised & surprise, surprise the person who is in the' temporary role' get the position.
Pros
Flexibility in most roles
Cons
Very backward software, training, culture
Summary
Regional Community Manager (Current Employee) –  South east Queensland24 April 2019
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank is an Australian financial institution, operating primarily in retail banking. The company was formed by the merger of Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank in November 2007.

The bank has branches Australia wide, with its National headquarters in the city of Bendigo, with a major offices in Adelaide, South Australia and regional offices in Docklands, Melbourne and Ipswich, Queensland.
Community
Sales & Capability Manager - NSW (Current Employee) –  NSW31 March 2019
Working at Bendigo Bank was a great opportunity to connect with local communities and make a different.
Most staff want to make a difference and this shine through.

Culture is great, and team work is encouraged.
Many branch staff lack the sales assertiveness needed and have a negative mindset to the fact that they are in sales now.

Great work life balance across network.
Pros
culture, work life balance
Cons
negative front line staff
overall below average
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria18 March 2019
Worst branch manager I had, basically don't know much including basic things. e.g Log on into the basic system, don't know how to use the basic system
Pros
not much sales pressure
Cons
but lots of pressure needs to look after everything
was a good and productive work area
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC17 December 2018
It was a productive time while I was in Bendigo bank learning about what they do in the everyday workplace of everyone in the IT area of Bendigo bank.
Work enviroment
Mobile relationship Manager - Mobile Lender (Former Employee) –  Turramurra NSW4 November 2018
Great culture and people.

Moving to Bendigo and Adelaide Bank for a career progression was one of the best decision I have made, the branch ladies made me feel very welcome and the branch manager very supportive.
An excellent employer
Senior Manager Operations (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD19 September 2018
I have thoroughly enjoyed my banking career with the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Limited. One of the great initiative of the Bank is employee survey independently conducted by a third party. Employees are free to express their views on the bank. Results of survey are used for the benefit of creating an excellent work environment.

Customer focus is of paramount.
Opportunity to increase skill level
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA16 September 2018
Challenging- many areas to up skill
Ethical- responsible lenders
Rewarding- opportunity to help others
Motivating- being given the tools and training to reach and exceed targets both individually and within teams
Pros
Sastisfying community orientated
Cons
Too far away from where I am now based
Good culture, bad management
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Busselton WA13 April 2018
Having worked at a big 4 bank it was nice to work at Bendigo. While it was a big pay cut, I rarely had to work overtime and there was next to no pressure to make sales. I was a bit bored working there though and there were no opportunities to learn new skills or progress within the bank. The culture was great but the instability and lack of communication from the manager changed this. Great team but very unprofessional manager.
Pros
Nice people, low pressure
Cons
Low pay, unprofessional manager
Safe & Secure, very well looked after
Loan Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD28 March 2018
7:30-3:30 doing a majority of roles within my team
learned just about everything i know from the bank
management has its ups and downs
work place culture was good, well balanced mix
Pros
early finish
Cons
some managers
Poor workplace with wrong values
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC18 February 2018
I worked in a branch as a CSO (Customer Service Officer). I enjoyed my time here until new management came. I was bullied, belittled and treated disgustingly daily by my branch manager and supervisor. HR department covered bullying and poor treatment up.
Pros
Cons
Poor treatment and bullying
Great new builing and work outlay
Manager - IT Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC2 February 2018
The people and culture is great though management could be more focused at supporting one another to progress key initiatives. Travel is a key factor to consider if you are living in Melbourne.
Pros
Work outlay
Cons
Long hours and extensive travel
Rewarding and a great working environment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC9 January 2018
I enjoyed working as a customer services officer. Duties included management of customers accounts as well as dealing with the public face to face or over the phone. The position was rewarding I enjoyed helping people with small and large queries. While employed by the bank I was continually kept up to date with new products as they had a great training program. On some occasions the position was challenging especially with a customer which was quite difficult to deal with. However through determination and understanding I was able to overcome these hurdles.
Pros
Great training base.
Cons
Very limited if you wish to move up the ladder
kitchen with everything we needed
Customer service officer (Former Employee) –  Fairy Meadow NSW19 December 2017
The branch was a lot of fun,customers were amazing.Held community events which I enjoyed.Change of management seemed to take away the focus on community.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
lack of great management
Busy, enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Tully QLD18 December 2017
A typical day at work was very busy, organisation was key for a successful day. I learnt a lot about the banking industry and how stressful and rewarding the job can be. The hardest part of my job would have been the non stop busyness, however my job was very rewarding.
Fun place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg VIC 308415 December 2017
Enjoyable workplace, wonderful staff & great benefits
Anyone looking at working in the financial industry, bendigo bank is the best place to start, not to stressful but deffinitely a great place to learn and grow
Fun
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC13 December 2017
The people there are great, fun to be around, had a blast with the guys there and wouldn't mind going back if I was asked, management was great, hardest part of the job would have been trying to find something to do after you'd done everything.
Pros
Met new people
Cons
Got a little boring
Friendly and caring
Customer Relationship Officer (Former Employee) –  Morwell / Inverloch Australia21 October 2017
Do the jobs that needed attending to
Benifit in learning more and more with every day
over all a great place to advance if you wanted to
I found that there was always something new to be shown it was not a boring place to work and when you show respect you gained so much more
Work
Mobile Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane9 October 2017
Good Management - direct report.
Standard day of interviews, reports & processing.
Workplace culture is good
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting involved in the community
Pros
Small bank
Cons
Small bank
Great company culture
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  South Australia19 July 2017
Company culture is what I enjoyed the best. Those managing genuinely want the company to succeed. Income seems to be slightly below industry standard but expectations seem to be less than other financial institutions.