Bendigo Health

18: Bendigo Health Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews

4.1Work–Life Balance

Productive and fast paced

Bendigo health are are a good place to work, with decent wages and work life balance. Management are very approachable and the staff are very helpful.

Pros

Work life balance.

Cons

Long hours, occasional double shift.

Ok to work with as Ive been there for 14 years

I like working at hospital as you can move around and get a variety of jobs. Can be a little political. Sometimes who you know. Hard to advance if you don't grovel.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Politics

Supportive fun workplace

Every day is different, but always fast paced. I have learnt that not everything can be scheduled out. Everyone has different needs and they can't all be put into one box. People are supportive and understanding.

Amazing hospital with great medical facilities

Working at Bendigo Health has been a great pleasure of mine. This hospital is beautifully built and working here provides me with a great wok/ life balance.

great place

very confusing but once you get used to it its easy yto get around. great people and company. easy going workplace but is fasted plased. food isnt best so take your own

Great place to work in a vibrant regional town

Bendigo Health has supported me through many changes in my life over the last five years and I have always felt supported and had flexibility to manage my work life balance.

Pros

Great team to work with & free Gym

Great team of people to work with, good work/life balance and salary packaging.

Friendly and relaxed environment to work in. Most days included word processing, diary management, telephone calls, payroll entries and minute taking.

Pros

Flexible hours.

Cons

Part-time.

Do not work here

Intimidating and completely mismanaged place of employment, the highly incompetent staff do anything to protect their jobs, there is no management and the staff is focused on intimidation and bullying, it is what I would label a click of incompetence. You are either a part of the in crowd or you are relentlessly bullied and picked on, including false accusations etc etc. The Manager who cover this and another country sight is totally unaware of the dysfunctional environment that exists and compounds the problem with his inability to know even the day to day basics of what is happening in this work place. He either doesn't want to know or is deliberately ignoring the multiple problems that exist and continue to grow

Pros

There are none

Cons

Toxic Workplace

Management encourages bullying

Terrible culture of bullying which starts from the top. Management doesn't do anything about the bullying and HR are useless and powerless to stop it. Only way to get action is to take it all the way to Work Cover or the Union.

Pros

Salary packaging

Cons

Bullying culture

opportunities to develop work performance

LaTrobe University and Bendigo Health encourage excellence and support staff to reach their potential. Bendigo Health staff are helpful and supportive.

Pros

great work practices

great workplace

great workplace. Bendigo Health expects that workers will work to their potential, using evidence based practice and reflective questionng of all work completed. They encourage excellence.

Pros

good working conditions

Cons

great workplace, friendly staff good benefits

caring for 30 rehab patients stroke/amputee/neuro,from changing wounds, pressure area care, documentation,medications,encouraging independence. Ive learn that all patients have individual needs and care and to treat all patients of how you would treat your own family member. Management of staff at times when we work with on call casual staff is important to make them feel comfortable. My fellow co-workers are treated like a family as we work so well together its important to support and encourage each other for better results of patient care. The hardest part of my job is you can't heel or save people just do your best with what resources you have on your ward and leave your shift you've done your best and be content with that. In my job on rehab I get too see patients go home after intense therapy thats the most enjoyable part of my job.

Pros

salary packaging

Cons

long hours on night shift

Supportive place to work with great work/life balance

I've only been here a little while, but everyone has been so supportive in my learning and the work/life balance is fantastic.

Pros

Work/life Balance

Productive, work/life balance

Working in differnt unit like surgical, medical, orthopaedic, icu etc helped me to broaden my skills in people with differnt needs

Fun workplace

Great team environment Clean workspace Friendly customers

Pros

Experience

Cons

productive and caring place to work

Every staff member at Carshalton House sincerely love their job and it shows in the quality of care we provide.

Reliable employer

Very supportive and honest director of nursing. Provides Secure employement Will have better facilities with new hospital Provided a wide scope for nursing, as I worked in Orthopaedic, Medical, Surgical and Rehabilitation Units Supportive of training and education

System worked well.

Residential pool is a good way to make sure all shifts are covered where possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bendigo Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bendigo Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?