Bendigo Kangan Institute Employee Reviews

Fun and productive workplace and very hands- on
Pre- Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 April 2019
The course was from 8:30am to 4:30pm, 3 days a week.
I learnt a lot such as
- types of tools/how to use them
- basic services
- how to use trolley jacks
- how to change tyres/ check pressures
- how to use a hoist
- OH&S
- how to disassemble/assemble car engines and lots more

The hardest part of the many jobs that i did was: To give everything a go and to not give up, but to learn from it.

The most enjoyable part about the job/course was that it was always hands - on work.
Pros
lots of hands- on work, equipment/workplace was always clean and tidy and the teachers were there to assist you, when needed.
Kangan Institute
Trainer and Assessor - Business (Former Employee) –  Essendon VIC22 August 2018
A highly disorganised company. Management are appalling to deal with. Lots of talk and no action on things that need to be completed and changed.
If you love drama and office politics I would highly recommend.
Pros
Salary
Volunteer work in Horticulture department
Volunteer Gardening work (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC30 November 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed the volunteer work that I commenced at Kangan institute. I found it to be really uplifting and very rewarding especially when given the opportunity to grow different types of produce.
Proffesional Organisation with great opportunities for personal development and growth
Sessional Trainer Logistics, (Current Employee) –  Campbellfield VIC7 February 2017
Kangan Bendigo TAFE is a professional organisation which offers great opportunities for personal development and growth.
Staff and training facilities are of an excellent standard and administration services offer excellent support for students and staff.
Excellent
Training Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Bendigo Australia4 January 2017
This was an excellent place to work and learn, all staff were treated well and it was a place where you could either advance your career or you could choose not to - there was not pressure.
Pros
Good staff, looked after well
Cons
Often more hours required to complete work
as a student
kangan institute lunchtime staff (student) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 September 2016
i was a student working as a practice staff member to get experience in this field. it was fulfilling and educational. this gave me great knowledge for future references and guidelines to set myself and others
Great teamwork, education, support and good fun.
Sessional Business Studies teacher (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Vic24 May 2015
I taught a wide variety of business subjects and worked well with other teachers - permanent and sessional. Management was supportive and actually put me through the Advanced Diploma of Vocational Training and Training Small Groups. I developed excellent rapport with students was committed to teaching the curriculum in an interesting and engaging way with plenty of creativity and fun exercises. Co-workers and I worked well in teams and cooperated on continuous changes in administrative functions, which sometimes were frustrating. I really enjoyed teaching the students.
Pros
Supportive environment
Good place to work but going through amalgamation causing some stress
Trainer (Current Employee) –  dockland16 April 2015
Staff are a happy lot and there is good rapport within departments.
Management are very demanding and push out side of awards etc.
Buildings are clean and quite well maintained
Pros
City and Broadmeadows locations
Cons
Expect a lot of unpaid extra work No parking at city campuses
Very diverse industry to work in
ACE Purchasing & Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC5 February 2015
Great inviroment new building only problem was lack of parking as it was in the Docklands district , the coworkers and team inviroment was really good,
Pros
close to public transport
Cons
nightmare to get in and out of the city afterwork
The work space was open, inviting, inclusive, embracing and motivating.
Educator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, Victoria30 January 2014
I love educating students. Connecting in a way that inspires the fire of their growth. Kangan Institute stands for professionalism, uniqueness, quality and connection. All attributes that resonate with my own value system.
In this work space I was encouraged to bring more of my self to the role facilitating the other to embrace their own capacity to be themselves in that learning environment. This supported the reduction of student angst hence opening the with which they retained data. A heightening of their capacity to grasp concepts became apparent.
The hardest part of the job was naming particular experiences of varying co-workers yet this was embraced whole heartedly and I felt a tremendous amount of support in having done so.
I have developed strong connections with my colleagues, valuing and feeling valued by them.
Pros
Watching the student's "light bulb" moments of learning.
Cons
Not enough teaching hours available
Fun workplace, good people to work with.
Accounts Clerical & Payroll Officer (Current Employee) –  Broadmeadows6 November 2013
My time at Kangan Institute has been enjoyable. I started off as a trainee, working through all the different roles within Corporate Finance, including Payroll. My co-workers have been an amazing help, and very supportive throughout my time.
Up until the end of last year, things got intense with all the redundancies caused by the dramatic cut of TAFE's. Since then, the workplace has been very sensitive and tense.
I love working with my co-workers, but I also love working alone and getting my job done.
My job consists of processing timesheets, checking reports, processing leave, following up leave and following up contracts for new staff.
Productive and fun place .
Senior Human Resource Consultant /Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows8 October 2013
Great Co-co-workers .Very busy area with variety of work . Everyone very supportive .
Pros
Free Parking