Bendigo Kangan Institute
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Bendigo Kangan Institute: 15 Employee Reviews

Australia15 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Hard work and complex

The initial management was inspiring- management changed as it does and I found it old style snd difficult - not as organic and connected to new teachers. Allot of unnecessary politics and back stabbing

Pros

Students are diverse and authentic

Cons

Very long hours

Micro management style and not cohesive.

During my employment, there were lots of changes to management and restructuring, which was not productive and healthy for the overall morale of the team!

Fun and productive workplace and very hands- on

The course was from 8:30am to 4:30pm, 3 days a week. I learnt a lot such as - types of tools/how to use them - basic services - how to use trolley jacks - how to change tyres/ check pressures - how to use a hoist - OH&S - how to disassemble/assemble car engines and lots more The hardest part of the many jobs that i did was: To give everything a go and to not give up, but to learn from it. The most enjoyable part about the job/course was that it was always hands - on work.

Pros

lots of hands- on work, equipment/workplace was always clean and tidy and the teachers were there to assist you, when needed.

Kangan Institute

A highly disorganised company. Management are appalling to deal with. Lots of talk and no action on things that need to be completed and changed. If you love drama and office politics I would highly recommend.

Pros

Salary

Challenging and rewarding

Never a dull moment at Bendigo Kangan Institute. If you are happy in an environment that moves quickly due to external forces and are adaptive to constant change, then BKI is the place for you.

Pros

nice people

Cons

poor pay

Volunteer work in Horticulture department

Thoroughly enjoyed the volunteer work that I commenced at Kangan institute. I found it to be really uplifting and very rewarding especially when given the opportunity to grow different types of produce.

Proffesional Organisation with great opportunities for personal development and growth

Kangan Bendigo TAFE is a professional organisation which offers great opportunities for personal development and growth. Staff and training facilities are of an excellent standard and administration services offer excellent support for students and staff.

Excellent

This was an excellent place to work and learn, all staff were treated well and it was a place where you could either advance your career or you could choose not to - there was not pressure.

Pros

Good staff, looked after well

Cons

Often more hours required to complete work

as a student

i was a student working as a practice staff member to get experience in this field. it was fulfilling and educational. this gave me great knowledge for future references and guidelines to set myself and others

Great teamwork, education, support and good fun.

I taught a wide variety of business subjects and worked well with other teachers - permanent and sessional. Management was supportive and actually put me through the Advanced Diploma of Vocational Training and Training Small Groups. I developed excellent rapport with students was committed to teaching the curriculum in an interesting and engaging way with plenty of creativity and fun exercises. Co-workers and I worked well in teams and cooperated on continuous changes in administrative functions, which sometimes were frustrating. I really enjoyed teaching the students.

Pros

Supportive environment

Good place to work but going through amalgamation causing some stress

Staff are a happy lot and there is good rapport within departments. Management are very demanding and push out side of awards etc. Buildings are clean and quite well maintained

Pros

City and Broadmeadows locations

Cons

Expect a lot of unpaid extra work No parking at city campuses

Very diverse industry to work in

Great inviroment new building only problem was lack of parking as it was in the Docklands district , the coworkers and team inviroment was really good,

Pros

close to public transport

Cons

nightmare to get in and out of the city afterwork

The work space was open, inviting, inclusive, embracing and motivating.

I love educating students. Connecting in a way that inspires the fire of their growth. Kangan Institute stands for professionalism, uniqueness, quality and connection. All attributes that resonate with my own value system. In this work space I was encouraged to bring more of my self to the role facilitating the other to embrace their own capacity to be themselves in that learning environment. This supported the reduction of student angst hence opening the with which they retained data. A heightening of their capacity to grasp concepts became apparent. The hardest part of the job was naming particular experiences of varying co-workers yet this was embraced whole heartedly and I felt a tremendous amount of support in having done so. I have developed strong connections with my colleagues, valuing and feeling valued by them.

Pros

Watching the student's "light bulb" moments of learning.

Cons

Not enough teaching hours available

Fun workplace, good people to work with.

My time at Kangan Institute has been enjoyable. I started off as a trainee, working through all the different roles within Corporate Finance, including Payroll. My co-workers have been an amazing help, and very supportive throughout my time. Up until the end of last year, things got intense with all the redundancies caused by the dramatic cut of TAFE's. Since then, the workplace has been very sensitive and tense. I love working with my co-workers, but I also love working alone and getting my job done. My job consists of processing timesheets, checking reports, processing leave, following up leave and following up contracts for new staff.

Productive and fun place .

Great Co-co-workers .Very busy area with variety of work . Everyone very supportive .

Pros

Free Parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bendigo Kangan Institute. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Bendigo Kangan Institute