Berry Street
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Berry Street Employee Reviews

The organisational culture is extremely poor
members of upper and senior management shouldn't of been in those positions of power.
Staff continually rating out each other out to make themselves look better in the eyes of upper management.

Supervisors strong armed into not signing staff off to protect their own jobs.

Staff scared to speak up regarding bullying in the workplace.
Was amazing working with young people.
This was an amazing job and something g I am definitely looking back at getting into in the future. The challenges that the children threw at us was amazing the work never runs out.
Pros
A chance to change a young life, working with amazing people.
High stress with low rewards
Initially I had a supervisor who was a complete bully. She brought me to tears more than once. I did approach her about it. She then ran to HR and provided a very different version of events regarding her behaviour toward me. When I finally got a new supervisor she was great but the job was very high stress with minimal reward. If we worked overtime doing admin after attending a crisis we didn't get TIL for it or overtime. Most of our team worked weekends and weekend nights just to keep up. No recognition from management. Horrible experience.
Pros
Good training offered by head office.
Cons
Management, hours, pay
I really enjoyed working at Berry Street
I am so grateful for my time at Berry Street. Staff welcomed me in and I was lucky enough to have regular training to continue to expand my knowledge base and practice skills.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with crisis. This, however, didn't occur to often and the training provided me with the tools to work in these conditions. Additionally, I felt extremely supported by the staff and managers and always felt I could express any concerns.
Pros
Staff support
Cons
Crisis
Productive work place,
Some days can be great and others are a real challenge. Ever changing working environment, Great team support to get you through the harder days. Must be resilient.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome place to work
A great place to work, very client focused and professional. Great supports and supervision as often challenging work. I only left due to medical reason. Would love to work there again.
Pros
Great support, good staff development, professional
Cons
higher pay wouldn't hurt lol
bunch of back stabbers
not very well managed supervisors to scared to stand up to mamagement all to busy watching there backs and do not support their staff
Supportive and well rounded team work
Great place to work. Supportive and respectful team environment. Very demanding and stressful at times working with vulnerable children.
Good working environment, staff & clients rapport good.
1.Assisting young people in care to be involved with their schooling, education, vocational, home (parent contact, where possible) and,
liaising with other professionals on their behalf.

2.I learned a lot about communication, and different aspects of meeting the needs of young people who had become marginalised &

seperated from main stream education.

3.Management were supportive, however, on-site staff were very accountable & self-governing, due to the program for each unit.

4.Generally co-workers were always efficient & proactive.

5.Balancing the daily changes of clients needs & the overall management policies, & budget limitations.

6.Experiencing a young person develop their goals, & eventual long- term placements.
Pros
friendly staff.
Cons
long hours.