Best & Less Employee Reviews

Professional Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD4 April 2019
Never bored, always busy.
Learned customer service, cash handeling, socialising, goal setting, multi-tasking management.
management are professional.
Hardest part of job is floor and plan working out.
Talking to customers and meeting new people.
Easy going
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Randwick NSW25 March 2019
A quiet working environment, with flexible hours. An average day would be replenishing stock, followed by cleaning a section a few times a day and helping customers.
I absolutely loved working at best & less.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Campbelltown NSW25 March 2019
Everyone was so nice and friendly and I created really great friendships just in my short time being there. The managers treated everyone very fairly, there was never any gossiping at work or anyone bad mouthing each other. It was a comfortable space, and everyone knew how to make their job efficient but enjoyable.
Pros
Kind employees, benefits, pay
Cons
hurting feet from having to wear a specific type of unsupported shoe
easy going not good at training
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Echuca VIC20 March 2019
never got any shifts, never really got trained which lead to me being berated in front of customers and eventually quitting. not a great place to be honest
good workplace
Customer service team member (Former Employee) –  Redbank Plains QLD4 March 2019
The work is good, management aren't too bad, the only issue would be that customers can sometimes be rude but thats the same as anywhere else. overall pretty decent.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
low pay
Rude Management/Worst Pay Rates
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC23 January 2019
Management and Assistant Management at most best and less stores are very rude also higher management are mostly rude. bad training technique, also one of the lowest pay rates in retail, could not survive working full time 5 days a week on such a low pay-rate.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Cons
long hours, low pay, rude customers, high return rate.
Fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC21 January 2019
I didn't work there but I did my Work experience there for only one week , cause that's our school things to get our certificate , but now im finish school and i am starting looking for a job .
Pros
Got your own lunch
Cons
Not that long break
overall alright
Casual Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bateau Bay NSW19 January 2019
Pros
stable work environment
Cons
customers
Hard work ethic, fun work, kind people
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Bankstown NSW11 January 2019
Best and less is a hard-working community who has a lot of fun but still gets the job done. Communication skills at best and less are great, If you miss a day and something new has been introduced to the store you will hear about it as soon as you are back.
Pros
Kind workers
Cons
the shop gets very messy
Great staff, tasks given for individuals are too large to complete
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Western Australia10 January 2019
At the start of the day, your first job would be given but then as the day gets busier management will become more demanding for you to do other jobs. This would include markdowns, pallets of stock, setting up new signage and displays whilst trying to finish the first job. I did not enjoy this level of stress and unachievable targets. In these days also I had to clean the registers and pick up after those not doing their job. In a full day after completing this I would have to clean two departments, in a large best and less store. There is no punishment nor praise received allowing tasks to fall on one person.
Pros
Friendly staff and good discounts
Cons
Unrealistic targets
A great work environment to learn essential customer service skills
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Narellan NSW2 January 2019
Working at Best and Less allowed me to gain confidence and more ability in dealing with consumers and issues that may arise due to company fault. it also allowed me to understand the way business' operate and the importance of cooperating in a team environment. My management team was extremely helpful in encouraging in regards to teaching me the operation of a retail environment, as well as being supportive and understanding of my need for w work/life/school balance. my workplace was very friendly and approachable, and often the best part of my day would be the interactions we all had with one another.
great first time work experience
Shop Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA20 December 2018
my first job and they taught me the basics; customer service, the ins and outs of a register, labelling correct prices etc. its a very people-friendly company that will support you.
Loved it when it was privately owned & not corporate
many, most recent - customer service engagement (Current Employee) –  Leichhardt NSW17 December 2018
Met some life long friends and moved within the company over many years. I have gained a great deal of experience from working in so many roles while I was there.
Pros
majority of people I met, they are still very good friends today.
Cons
not very close to home
Productive workplace
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Point Cook, 2009, AU9 December 2018
Productive workplace whereby a very strong company helping individuals first time in retail a breeze. Workplace culture was excellent, generally a younger team
Worst Management
Supervisor/Cashier/Sales Assistant/Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Treendale13 November 2018
After experiencing workplace bullying from the manager - HR and the Regional manager didnt bother to provide any assistance, instead basically told me to get over it or find something better. i was there for 5 years and was given no respect. disgusting company to work for.
B&l
CASUAL SHOP ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW11 November 2018
It was a standard type of retail job. It consisted of breaking down pallets, putting out new stock, fixing items on hangers and assisting customers. There was a simple section that you are assigned depending on the store this may be different. There is also no way of getting a promotion, unless you actively seek it, even with this, it is hard to be taught how to be a manager then get a job.
Pros
Friendly staff, great staff discounts
Cons
Long hours, no promotions
boring
Trainee Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLD8 November 2018
workers were too busy cracking jokes and ignoring customers and spend most of their shift in the break room and sometimes let customers / other works steal stock
Not enjoyable retail job
Retail Assistant at Point Cook and Werribee Stores (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC1 November 2018
Stores are always messy, targets are incredibly high to meet. Management is not supportive. No proper training provided. Very boring and repetitive job.
not so friendly environment
Student Work Placement (Former Employee) –  SA23 October 2018
- shock mostly - how to do it,
- learning how everything worked
- not so friendly environment
- enjoyable part of the day was leaving and lunch
- maybe that was harsh but it was the truth
scary
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA13 October 2018
very intimidating. not much training given to new employees to fully understand how to work everything and every expectation. messy store and yeah thats it