Best & Less
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Best & Less Employee Reviews

Australia264 reviews
Best and less is a great team environment, very down to earth people with a great attitude. You can move up in best and less as a step up which eventually leads to management.
Best and less has taught me and given me so many opportunities for the future and has helped me encourage my self confidence within the business. It has made me grow and has allowed me to have a future position as an assistant manager.
Pros
Friendly, encouraging managers
Cons
May be challenging at times
Great place to work and gain experience in a retail setting to set you up for further job opportunities. Good environment and friendly team members to work with.
Very stressful environment , luck of plan and training ! People on the top so negative. Not supported people ! I have very an happy pleasant experience at all, work very hard for everyone specially Manager hardly to work except seating and talking. Not fear for Assistant Manager who does most of the work .
Pros
Poor
Cons
Poor
Management was terrible. Constantly bullying people, take it further and you would get ignored. Managers were not fit for job and would not get replaced. The company is all money driven. I'd say the only positive was the pay was quite good and the breaks were long.
this job is very collaborative and friendly to new workers, this job. requires many tasks, however there is time for relaxing. this job is hands on and very independent.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
low pay for an expensive area.
I did Volunteer work here while I was in school for about 1 week. Learnt some stuff here and how to put clothes away and where everything went. It was really good here and wouldn’t mind working there again
At best and less I would have to go out the back where stock was kept and bring our items into the front of the store to put our for customers to purchase and have to organise shelves and areas.
working with u for a long time love it and I what to do it a gen it was fun and all my kids are growup need to go back to work now it as been to long
I’ve learn so many good things about Best and less environment is so clean and nice workers there are good people they help me alto and we work together as a team
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Best & Less?
I loved working there it’s an amazing place it felt like working with family we all were able to work as a team and there’s no such thing as “management” we were all the same and when we needed help before we knew it the manger was already on the go and ready to help us wether it was serving customers on registers or helping out our stock or even dealing with hard customers
Pros
Felt like my second family
Cons
No cons
Great first job. Teaching you in the ways of friendly customer service and money handling. Everyone should work in retail at least once in their life to understand what it's like on the opposite end of the transaction.
Best and less is a great place to work. It's like a family, everyone loves to work with each other. The work can be hard if you don't have a proactive mind set because jobs start to pile up when working in retail.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
weekend shifts are short
Not too sure how i felt about best and less, after the boss came back into business

Over all, it was a good place to work at the start off it

Would not go back
Management and co-workers are kind and friendly and would help you to be the best version of yourself. they help you to improve the easiest way, not the hard way and they would treat you like family.
The job itself is very physically demanding, with having to be on your feet for hours on end. But the experience does help in the development of customer service skills as well as working in a retail environment.
I have worked there before and loved working there would love to work there again just knowing that we all one work together as a team, team management, amd the passionate people just love it
Cons
With Best and Less I was there for work experience, I would absolutely be keen to do something like that for a real job, no questions asked! I've got nothing bad to say about them
Had a good experience working with Best and less. Although it was only a volunteer work at Best and less but the staff was great and I experienced a lot.
absolutely terrible workplace. Bad gossipy workplace you will feel alienated. If you are a casual you immediately outcast from the full timers awful place to work hardly any shifts and you will be fired for the smallest things.
Pros
Non
Cons
The staff and management at Best and Less North Lakes are amazing. Everyone is so nice and welcoming to anyone who joins the team. The store itself is always kept tidy and organised. This is a great job for anyone who is in school and looking for an after-school job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Best & Less. Our community is ready to answer.