Bestway Retail Employee Reviews

All about the numbers
Customer Service Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Devon30 July 2019
Staff turnover and manager are almost the same, as nobody had any clue what they’re doing.
Basically no training was given and there’s no care for staff at all and the only worry for the manager is how friendly he is with higher up.
The money is awful and any chance to take money off you is abused, nearly every time you idle they take money off of your final wage
Pros
Cons
Nearly everything
Productive, good place to work
Buying & Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth29 July 2019
Good team spirit, everyone worked well as a team, results driven, hard working but great working environment, very flexible with regards to working hours
Was a great place til bestway took over give me nisa all day every day...
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Forest hall newcastle24 June 2019
Worst experiance in my long career...no guidelines as to where company wanted to go continual round of stocktakes taking all the working hrs possible and they achieved nowt always very wrong which put ordering in jepoardy.nothing left for customer relations, promotions, shop presentation,list is endless...overall too many chiefs ..where i was there was a very large warehouse and we got all the rubbish from closed stores causing frustration amongst staff as we should be on shop floor with customers...
Pros
Worked close to home
Cons
Lots.. long hrs, no direction from management not promoting good loyal staff
Terrible company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Blyth, Northumberland22 May 2019
I worked for this company for 4years and was sacked when I stepped down as manager due to false promises and failure to employ staff (myself and assistant manager to run store for nearly 2months).we found out we had a expired alcohol licence but was ordered to trade for nearly a month without 1 by head office,no security camera's,no panic alarm,building in disrepair,area manager coming in and helping himself to stock.Company only cares about profit,employees are just a number which is a shame as we had a great team until bestway retail took over and decided to cut hours.
Pros
Cons
Missing pay, long hours with no break, no staff protection
Avoid
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tavistock, Devon26 April 2019
The worst company I have ever worked for.
No care for members of staff, badly run shop. There is next to no organisation.

Managers are bullies which shows in staff turnover and other reviews.

There are no breaks during shifts
Pros
Cons
Bullying
Central convenience stores temple cloud
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple cloud Bristol5 April 2019
Great place to work ...If your not afraid of hard work. The current manager is excellent. When I joined, the store was in a terrible state. It's great to see it improving and turning a corner .The atmosphere is also improving day by day. The customers have noticed a diffrence .
Pros
Above average pay
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire20 March 2019
Management are horrendous and do not care for their employees.
No communication between staff whatsoever.
Starts off great then they quickly make your work life a confusing living nightmare
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Excellent company
Customers Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon8 March 2019
Really enjoy the customers, great team and have learnt lots. The job is varied, not one day the same. Always learning and lots of training. Enjoyable job and nice work colleagues.
Pros
Free parking
Franchise awareness
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon20 February 2019
I think that both parties staff in terms of manage to and general assistants should be able to hold huddle sessions to be able to be constructive in direction and issues reflect on the requirements of both quality of work and mental well being and able to approach the directors board with any of the issues before they come to being reviewed online and making it a substantial effect on the recruitment efforts. It takes a big person to say sorry something which should have been said to those involved with the holiday issue.
People who are in these roles should be on a development track to give them achievable ambitions and reward this should be looked at a professional level by the heads of business this would reflect in a productive and customer friendly business where everyone thinks of it at a positive and forward thinking company.
Pros
Taste of how retail at lower levelis
Cons
Long hours unappreciated and pressured for low pay
Sales assistant
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Poulton le Fylde, Lancashire6 February 2019
Customers very interesting indeed, management not good at all " do as I say not as I do" ,I could not win wanted me out was sacked, no break
Pros
The customers fantastic had lovely chat about wines beers everything loved the customers very much.
Cons
NO BREAK IN 6 HOUR SHIFT eat in stockroom but not a break, Don't work at poulton le fylde find another bestway bargain booze
Average place to work
Retail (Current Employee) –  Cheshire17 July 2018
Very busy, fast paced, not much employee progression, offices are in need of an upgrade, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work there, they are a fantastic bunch