BETHANIE GROUP
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BETHANIE GROUP Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
Supportive friendly staff, great teaching atmosphere. Family orientated care so residents feel at ease. Ongoing learning provided by the company. Great support available. Flexible rosters.
The broad culture, as a Not for Profit organisation was very refreshing. There was a good deal of comradrie across the business and I was given the opportunity to work with other teams
An amazing workplace, everyone is understanding and helpful, good hours and decent pay. You can really tell most of the staff deeply care about their residents and their care, which makes working here very pleasant.
Loved working there meeting different culture of residents and staff, would recommend Bethaine group to anyone that wants a career in aged care, good shifts and excellent staff to work with
Have good days and bad days due to staff shortages.
Supportive management

Occasional issues between staff.

Mental health issues of residents

Job satisfaction
Pros
Salary packaging
no two days the same
enjoyable

dealing with all sorts of issues

great team at Peel

helpful interstaff

room to improve

innovation not always recognized
Pros
great staff
Cons
constantly flat out
Only give fulltime positions to family or friends even after you apply get interview you get the position they revoke the job after working in this position for fulltime for months after starting job and you get bus license for the position which is part of agreement when you get the job the coordinator takes job off you then tell you that your going to be casual and the fulltime position is given to their friend no reason given and when contact reagional manager she states she has a position better suited for you and you do not have a choice even when try to keep original position you applied for REALLY UNFAIR WORK PRACTICE WITHIN THE COMPANY THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE STAFF WHO WORK FOT THEM AND WORK ABOUVE AND BEYOND TO PROVE YHEY CAN DO THE JOB AND THE UNFAIRNESS IN MOVING STAFF TO OTHER ROLE WITHOUT NOTIFYING OR ASKING THE EMPLOYEE THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOUNG THEN THEY GIVE THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THE FULLTIME POSITIONS VERY UNFAIR WORK PRACTICES
Pros
No pros
Cons
Use employees and change their position without notifying the staff member
Sadly, middle Management have not got much of a clue how to manage people. Port Kennedy - is a classic example of the continuous turn-over of Management. Scheduling was a complete nightmare to work with, often rostering in LARGE gaps between clients (instead of moving a later client up etc.) where we are expected to do ... well ... "Nothing!" The regular turn-over of female Community Support workers and also the men in the Gardening HACC Support workers has been 'regular' due to once again - Management! Staff come in their droves and leave in their droves. Says a lot about the culture of the team down in Community at Port Kennedy.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice option
Cons
Sometimes BIG gaps between visiting clients
I worked for Bethanie for many years. Changes in the structure saw many of us leaving which was sad, but understandable. Time does not stand still. I have fond memory's of my time at Bethanie.
Pros
Salary Packaging, supportive environment
Cons
Redundancy.
Working there as a student nurse i felt that it was a very caring environment which you will get along well with all the staff and develop therapeutic relationships with the residents, who you can know to love and be there for even after you have left.
I feel fortunate to have worked for Bethanie for 9yrs. There is a great team of people working for Bethanie that work well together and look after each other. Bethanie gave me many opportunities that I am very grateful for.
Worked in head office in Claremont for a few years.

Really enjoyed working there, it is a company that genuinely cares for and supports employees.

Being able to salary sacrifice a substantial amount of my salary was a really nice perk
Pros
Supportive, salary sacrificing
Work by yourself, driving around to and from clients houses to do the lawns, Gardening And any other handyman jobs need doing. Really enjoy helping the elderly with the service I provide.
The Bethanie is a great place to work and have fun with the staff. Happy staff bring happy residents. Working with The Bethanie makes me feel like I have another home and the residents are like my families. Sad to leave due to personal circumstance.
Pros
Good pay, good work and life balance
Cons
you feel sad when you see the residents leave you
Bethanie is a huge company, which is demonstrating high standard health service not only to residents, but also to staffs.

It is a very enjoyable place to work! There is a great atmosphere and amazing team.
Working with seniors at the latter end of their life is both rewarding and enlarging. It demands patience understanding kindness and empathy, and in return provides a wonderful sense of fulfillment and satisfaction