BETHANIE GROUP Employee Reviews

Unfair hiring
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Perth WA16 March 2019
Only give fulltime positions to family or friends even after you apply get interview you get the position they revoke the job after working in this position for fulltime for months after starting job and you get bus license for the position which is part of agreement when you get the job the coordinator takes job off you then tell you that your going to be casual and the fulltime position is given to their friend no reason given and when contact reagional manager she states she has a position better suited for you and you do not have a choice even when try to keep original position you applied for REALLY UNFAIR WORK PRACTICE WITHIN THE COMPANY THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE STAFF WHO WORK FOT THEM AND WORK ABOUVE AND BEYOND TO PROVE YHEY CAN DO THE JOB AND THE UNFAIRNESS IN MOVING STAFF TO OTHER ROLE WITHOUT NOTIFYING OR ASKING THE EMPLOYEE THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOUNG THEN THEY GIVE THEIR FRIENDS AND FAMILY THE FULLTIME POSITIONS VERY UNFAIR WORK PRACTICES
Pros
No pros
Cons
Use employees and change their position without notifying the staff member
Beware of "The Purple Circle" - It Certainly Does Exist @ Bethanie
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Kennedy WA13 March 2019
Sadly, middle Management have not got much of a clue how to manage people. Port Kennedy - is a classic example of the continuous turn-over of Management. Scheduling was a complete nightmare to work with, often rostering in LARGE gaps between clients (instead of moving a later client up etc.) where we are expected to do ... well ... "Nothing!" The regular turn-over of female Community Support workers and also the men in the Gardening HACC Support workers has been 'regular' due to once again - Management! Staff come in their droves and leave in their droves. Says a lot about the culture of the team down in Community at Port Kennedy.
Pros
Salary Sacrifice option
Cons
Sometimes BIG gaps between visiting clients
Lots of changes, look after staff.
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA12 January 2019
I worked for Bethanie for many years. Changes in the structure saw many of us leaving which was sad, but understandable. Time does not stand still. I have fond memory's of my time at Bethanie.
Pros
Salary Packaging, supportive environment
Cons
Redundancy.
Caring tight knit community
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mandurah WA17 July 2018
Working there as a student nurse i felt that it was a very caring environment which you will get along well with all the staff and develop therapeutic relationships with the residents, who you can know to love and be there for even after you have left.
Great team of people working for Bethanie
Team Leader Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA26 May 2018
I feel fortunate to have worked for Bethanie for 9yrs. There is a great team of people working for Bethanie that work well together and look after each other. Bethanie gave me many opportunities that I am very grateful for.
Great company
Senior Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA9 March 2018
Worked in head office in Claremont for a few years.

Really enjoyed working there, it is a company that genuinely cares for and supports employees.

Being able to salary sacrifice a substantial amount of my salary was a really nice perk
Pros
Supportive, salary sacrificing
Really enjoyable working for the Elderly
Gardener/ Handyperson (Current Employee) –  Rockingham WA1 March 2018
Work by yourself, driving around to and from clients houses to do the lawns, Gardening And any other handyman jobs need doing. Really enjoy helping the elderly with the service I provide.
Work and life balance, friendly staff and happy residents
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Innaloo WA30 May 2017
The Bethanie is a great place to work and have fun with the staff. Happy staff bring happy residents. Working with The Bethanie makes me feel like I have another home and the residents are like my families. Sad to leave due to personal circumstance.
Pros
Good pay, good work and life balance
Cons
you feel sad when you see the residents leave you
great company
Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA27 January 2016
Bethanie is a huge company, which is demonstrating high standard health service not only to residents, but also to staffs.

It is a very enjoyable place to work! There is a great atmosphere and amazing team.
Friendly co-operative positive working environment
Relieving Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Eaton WA23 February 2015
Working with seniors at the latter end of their life is both rewarding and enlarging. It demands patience understanding kindness and empathy, and in return provides a wonderful sense of fulfillment and satisfaction