Betts Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Betts Group Employee Reviews

Australia39 reviews
hard work stressful not a lot of hours avalible
Hard work packing and shelves a lot of lifting, but you will have fun with the customers it's very customer service focused , but there is so much manual work to be done every shift so you get supper fit.
Pros
discount vouchers for your self and family
Cons
hard work lots off lifting
Great place
I love the company and the workers I felt happy at work and would still be working there if COVID-19 didn't exist kinda cried when they told me the store was closing but what can ya do my co-workers were amazing as well
Great place to work with good work/life balance and easy going manager
Fantastic manager who is easy going and happy to help where she can. Good staff vouchers 12 50% off vouchers including sale items. Friendly environment to work in. Hardest part is stock and some rowdy customers here and there. Cruisy job and easy to work your way up the ranks. Nice environment and funny/easy to get along with regional managers.
Good People, Average Workplace, Poor Management
The people that I worked with were amazing and everyone would be so close to each other, but the Management was run really poorly and favouritism was a big factor in the amount of shifts I received.

Went away on a 1 week holiday and then was urged to resign due to a replacement coming in.
Terrible workplace
Horrible management and no communication. Upper management are abusive, condescending, manipulative, and rude. The most unorganized, money hungry swines you'll ever come across. They don't even pay you enough to get out of bed and good luck ever moving up in the company. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.
horrible
Would not recommend to my enemy. Disgusting management. no one turn turn to when you need help. Stressful, tiring all to be under paid. do not work here
If you value your mental health DO NOT WORK FOR BETTS.
I hit my targets, worked hours unpaid overtime, customers loved me. My manager went as far as ringing the ICU unit I was in as she didn't blv I had cancer. Made redundant.
amazing
amazing place to work for. good work/life balance. good pay, such a positive environment and I would continuously recommend to people to apply there for their future job.
Don't touch Betts with a ten foot pole
Betts was honestly the WORST places I have ever worked - and I have worked in several retail, hospitality and reception roles over the last several years.

The higher up management is rude, unhelpful, condescending and disrespectful.

Terrible work culture, terrible bonuses, terrible management.

Do not work here unless you enjoy working under rude, dismissive management and selling poor quality shoes all day yet never being recognised for your work.
Average
average work culture, good pay, reasonable hours, flexible with study, a few unfriendly managers and staff, I enjoyed assisting customers, steady hours per week
Expect a lot from a managers and paying very minimal wages even expectations of a junior is unrealistic in an A Grade store
Overall I find Betts is very tight with funding they don't acknowledge and then they hold you accountable if your stores not making budget. Unenjoyable.
Pros
Drinks at new season launch
Terrible place to work
I worked for this company for only 3 months and it was absolutely terrible. No training, the worst management team ever and just a really toxic environment.
Great team environment and room for growth
Being a large company there was a great morale and family like feel. Management was generally approachable but some days you felt like you were the last one to find out anything which in fact usually affected your daily work tasks and experience within the company.
Pros
Product benefits and the team.
Cons
The processes of change and high turnover of staff
Literally worst place to work
I worked at Betts for three years and can honestly say it was the worst company I have ever worked for.

The management is horrendous - I had seven managers in my time and they were all undertrained 19-24 year olds, with poor management skills and no idea how to foster good work culture.

Typical day at work was me or my other casual work colleague doing all the work the manager's were supposed to do but refused to and left it to their casual staff.

The pay was fairly average. Terrible if you were 18 years old and PT but better if you became casual. The worst part was that we were only assigned eight or so discount vouchers twice a year to purchase shoes with. More than half of the vouchers were 30% off vouchers which is a joke considering they always have sales on including, 25%, 30% and 40% off sales. The shoes are so cheap to make yet they can't afford to give staff a constant discount like other retail companies do.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of good management, the extremely high turn over rate and the lack of good work culture. There was zero recognition for what you do individually at work. Zero recognition to those who try to help the store succeed. Also calling in fake sick, saying you couldn't do shifts because you wanted to hang out with friends and leaving work three hours early on a six hour shift were very common behaviours within our store from new employees. Really unacceptable and difficult for those who always worked their hours and also really unfair as those who worked hard never got that recognition in rosters by being offered the
 - more...
Pros
loved some of my coworkers
Cons
work culture, management, pay
Friendly employees
Every day is different. Ive learned a lot about the company and how it operates. Always learning new things. The management are always helpful. Everyone gets on well with each other. No job I do is hard.
Horrible
I worked at betts on and off for 4 years, and I can say with confidence that this is a horrible company. Disrespectful higher-ups, and condescending managers. The high expectations put on staff members, mixed with the sad wage made for an emotionally draining 4 years.
Pros
Cons
Horrible bosses, low staff discount, sad place to be all round.
Great opportunities
Great opportunity to advance my carear and move intersate at the time. Making friendships that have lasted to this day. At the time was a family run busines with great management team.
Awesome place to work.
I loved working with Betts. My store became a Williams store otherwise I would still be with Betts. As part of the Betts group we were looked after very well with family time looked upon favourably.
Potential employees beware
Fast turn over of staff including management for the simple reason this company does not care about their staff.
Lowest pay yet expect more then above and beyond.

No support. No work life balance. Not very good discounts.
Great teams
The teams are great to work with, always really eager to learn more, a typical day consists of doing stock, serving customers, using the till, its all very known retail things.
Bad Manager
The job would have been fine had it not been for the immature and inexperienced manager who had a habit of talking behind the backs of employees. This ruined the workplace culture and made workers dread coming to work. The power had gone to her head, it was clear that the company gave the manager role to anyone that had worked there for a while.
Pros
Big discounts on shoes
Cons
Bad manager, bad work environment