Betts Group Employee Review

Terrible job
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Australia12 February 2018
I found it to be such a terrible company, with such poor management. The management were fake, unhelpful and condescending and also were very unethical in their dealings with their workers. Felt like Management had no idea what it was like to work in a store and blamed staff for things that go wrong even if it's not the staff or the store manager's fault. They seem to have a belief in their head of how things are and don't understand when things don't match up. Higher management very intimidating to talk to or ask for help or voice a complaint to.

Also the staff discount was very poor in comparison with other retail companies which allow staff a constant discount instead of 8 vouchers over a six month period.

A very cheap company, we were almost always understaffed and working long hours alone. About six months into my employment there was a lot of wages budget cuts, which made it harder to deal with all the customers on a busy day especially when I was by myself but they also were increasing store budgets which were impossible to reach especially when working alone. Very high turn over rate with staff, I had multiple managers during my employment and had the same problems at the other Betts store I worked at just before I left.

One good side was annual leave and sick leave was relatively easy to take and also transferring between stores when I moved cities for university was also easy.

Would not recommend this company to anyone, don't seem to care about their staff at all and only seem to have one focus which is money.
Cons
Management, working alone

Other Betts Group Employee Reviews

Great team environment and room for growth
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 May 2019
Being a large company there was a great morale and family like feel. Management was generally approachable but some days you felt like you were the last one to find out anything which in fact usually affected your daily work tasks and experience within the company.
Pros
Product benefits and the team.
Cons
The processes of change and high turnover of staff
Literally worst place to work
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 March 2019
I worked at Betts for three years and can honestly say it was the worst company I have ever worked for.

The management is horrendous - I had seven managers in my time and they were all undertrained 19-24 year olds, with poor management skills and no idea how to foster good work culture.

Typical day at work was me or my other casual work colleague doing all the work the manager's were supposed to do but refused to and left it to their casual staff.

The pay was fairly average. Terrible if you were 18 years old and PT but better if you became casual. The worst part was that we were only assigned eight or so discount vouchers twice a year to purchase shoes with. More than half of the vouchers were 30% off vouchers which is a joke considering they always have sales on including, 25%, 30% and 40% off sales. The shoes are so cheap to make yet they can't afford to give staff a constant discount like other retail companies do.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of good management, the extremely high turn over rate and the lack of good work culture. There was zero recognition for what you do individually at work. Zero recognition to those who try to help the store succeed. Also calling in fake sick, saying you couldn't do shifts because you wanted to hang out with friends and leaving work three hours early on a six hour shift were very common behaviours within our store from new employees. Really unacceptable and difficult for those who always worked their hours and also really unfair as those who worked hard never got that recognition in rosters by being offered the
  more... better shifts. Most of the original girls quit after three years of employment due to this.

Do not work for this company. There are so many other better companies you can work for which have great work culture and better benefits.
Pros
loved some of my coworkers
Cons
work culture, management, pay