Betts Group Employee Review

Fast Paced Positive Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Geelong VIC9 June 2016
A typical day at work is very busy and productive. There is always tasks to complete and customers to attend to. Through working in customer service I have learnt to think on my feet and make proactive decisions to arrive at the best possible outcomes. Friendly and understanding managers and co-workers make this workplace enjoyable and relaxed which makes coming to work easy. The most difficult part of the job is coming across new situations and trying to handle them in the most appropriate way when under pressure, while still following protocol and understanding all aspects. The most enjoyable part of my work is being able to interact with people and creating a positive experience for customers, making sure they leave the store feeling as though they were cared for and assisted to the best of my ability.

Other Betts Group Employee Reviews

Great team environment and room for growth
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 May 2019
Being a large company there was a great morale and family like feel. Management was generally approachable but some days you felt like you were the last one to find out anything which in fact usually affected your daily work tasks and experience within the company.
Pros
Product benefits and the team.
Cons
The processes of change and high turnover of staff
Literally worst place to work
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 March 2019
I worked at Betts for three years and can honestly say it was the worst company I have ever worked for.

The management is horrendous - I had seven managers in my time and they were all undertrained 19-24 year olds, with poor management skills and no idea how to foster good work culture.

Typical day at work was me or my other casual work colleague doing all the work the manager's were supposed to do but refused to and left it to their casual staff.

The pay was fairly average. Terrible if you were 18 years old and PT but better if you became casual. The worst part was that we were only assigned eight or so discount vouchers twice a year to purchase shoes with. More than half of the vouchers were 30% off vouchers which is a joke considering they always have sales on including, 25%, 30% and 40% off sales. The shoes are so cheap to make yet they can't afford to give staff a constant discount like other retail companies do.

The hardest part of the job was the lack of good management, the extremely high turn over rate and the lack of good work culture. There was zero recognition for what you do individually at work. Zero recognition to those who try to help the store succeed. Also calling in fake sick, saying you couldn't do shifts because you wanted to hang out with friends and leaving work three hours early on a six hour shift were very common behaviours within our store from new employees. Really unacceptable and difficult for those who always worked their hours and also really unfair as those who worked hard never got that recognition in rosters by being offered the
  more... better shifts. Most of the original girls quit after three years of employment due to this.

Do not work for this company. There are so many other better companies you can work for which have great work culture and better benefits.
Pros
loved some of my coworkers
Cons
work culture, management, pay