BETTY'S BURGERS

34: BETTY'S BURGERS Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Fast paced but over staffed

Too many people hired that you only get one shift a week which is pointless. You don't get much instructions about anything, they just show you a video about a task then expect you to remember everything.

Fun work environment

Great atmosphere, great people and great management. You learn something new everyday. It can be stressful during rush hours but it’s not a big deal because you have a great team to push through those stressful moments.Being the only poc I actually feel like I belong because of how welcoming the staff are

Pros

Chill environment

Cons

Not enough hours

poor managment

this company has poor managment,this company has bad managementthis company has unsatisfying managementthis company has horrible managementthis company has abismal managementthis company has terrifying managment

Good place to work - bad rostering, very busy, nice culture

The best part about Bettys is the good culture, the people are nice and friendly- generally. They care for you and support the FOH and BOH teams to be their best. However, it can get very busy and stressful and the rostering is really bad. I had an event on one day, which I told my manager I can't work then and swapped my shift, the day before the event at around 5pm they rostered me on. Rosters are unpredictable, again one week I had two shifts and a few days later I had no shifts. Overall I recommend working here.

Pros

%50 discount, free stuff to support team (i.e drinks, etc), care about you, good people

Cons

Long hours, very busy, bad rostering

Meet great people

The work you do is pretty stressful and gets boring eventually, upper management is very supportive and interactive. Made some great friends and culture is very positive for the most part

Horrible

Managers are HORRIBLE and they are rude. Don’t know how to do their job and don’t listen to their team members. Everyone wants to quit in Chatswood so don’t go there

Stressful but good experience

Betty's has very high standards expected of their management. They push you hard to get results but reward you well when you achieve them. There is some nepotism within the support office management which makes advancing higher than restaurant level difficult.

Pros

Free food. High salary.

Pretty bad overall

Management was constantly changing as people kept quitting and they couldn’t find a reliable person to take over. There’s still massive gaps in management. The hours can be pretty bad if you’re over 18, I had to take up another job because getting two 5-hour shifts a week wasn’t cutting it. They also ignore your availability most times. Lots of staff that I worked with were treated extremely poorly and disrespectfully with little compensation. This goes for both front and back of house. The work itself is pretty easy, only if they stopped hiring 15 year olds and would actually train other people. Management isn’t very supportive when it gets busy most times. Glad I’m out

Pros

50% Staff discount

Great Workmates and Supportive Staff

The Staff there were amazing people and the restaurant was run very well and organised apart from closing the store which would often be difficult to manage because of the fact that customers would still be in the store whilst we began closing which sometimes lead to having to squeeze around tight spaces whilst getting bins in and out of the store. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to of been just being able to connect and communicate with workmates during shifts which would make the shift less stressful because of the togetherness that filled the room.

Pros

Free Food (sometimes)

Cons

Pretty Fast Pace

Workplace was stressful and not worth it

Although the staff discount was nice, management was absolutely terrible. They were not constructive nor were they friendly. It made for a less than stellar experience. I know it was not only me as a few people left the job for similar reasons.

Pros

Staff discount, some great staff

Cons

Pay, management

Depends on location

I worked at a few different locations for this company and most management is really great! Some not so great, so you have to get lucky. It's mostly good, fun environment, good food, not difficult. However, the constant badgering to make the front of house staff get reviews from guests is so overwhelming and does not take into account the anxiety the comes with the pressure. No other restaurant that I've been to asks for reviews as much as Bettys. Find a better way. It makes the service feel cheap and like we're being nice just for a good review.

Pros

Great discount, normal pay, advancement through the company

Cons

as a casual worker, I had very uneven hours each week. I could go from 24+ hours to only 8 hours a week, which is a bit tough to manage as a university student.

Productive and fun with friendly staff

Staff is extremely friendly and understanding of personal needs. Hygiene and safety is extremely important. Coworkers are encouraged to be friends and get along well

Fun to work at but can be stressful when you're a casual because sometimes management isn't the most patient

Betty's is a fast paced and fun environment, however, along with the fast pace doe come a lot of stress and pressure to succeed. it is a very family oriented work place in the sense that everyone there will most likely be your friend. Management and expectations can sometimes be harsh but that's really just like any other job.

an okay workplace

working at Bettys burgers first started as an exciting new job to earn, but to grow with skills and work ethics, throughout my time there I did not have much trouble but was promoted as a supervisor of back of house. it was a fortunate promotion but then when I was ill and would call in sick as my health and wellbeing was important, regardless of the medical certificate I would bring in my shift were cut out, and after I was better I would only get one shift a week which was kinda stressful due to not being paid enough, I would work 3-4 hour shift for one whole week which made me struggle with paying things such as rent. I would call to ask for my shift but it didn't change anything, and some point as I would continue asking about shifts I was then not given any shifts as well as not getting an replies to my messages asking about not getting shifts.

Annoying and sick of bettys

As a uni student I expected more shifts. But no, they are only focused on hiring juniors. Hardly any uni students work. Of course, my shifts are taken off for no apparent reason which is extremely exasperating. Super tired and frustrated of this management which is definitely NOT socially responsible.

Wasn't Great

I loved the staff I worked with but bad communication but I did much more work than I was paid for. Days were stressful, long and there were tons of people.

Terrible Management

Negative and occasionally victimising managers. Expect high work standards for younger, not so experienced staff. Often unaware of roster till the start of the week. Hours always mixed around, shifts cancelled and uncancelled within the same day. Most shifts can be cut short by an hour or so if trade is not busy. Staff (other than management) are all round friendly and willing to help. Would not recommend.

Bettys burgers

Love to meet new people and work hard and learn new things and get things done on time and work on time not late and it's close to my home and smile too

Not a good place to work for uni students

I thought it would be a fun place to work. Very poor management. I was rostered on out of my availability and notified management but never given a shift afterward. Don't work here.

Decent Hospitality Job, Tough to get hours

They treat you well and pay you well, but ultimately it's a business that is hard to get hours with at times, because the nature of the work is that they need to save money on staff, and often that means giving the more useful hours to younger, cheaper staff.

bad place to work

Working here was not fun. The mangers where moody and rude. They employee the youngest people they can get and treat them with very little respect. I whiteness employees caring heavy loads without assistance. The tasks are long and boring. DO NOT WORK HERE

Pros

getting payed

Cons

management are disrespectful and do not relate to staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BETTY'S BURGERS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BETTY'S BURGERS with

• BETTY'S BURGERS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?