Bevilles Jewellers
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Bevilles Jewellers Employee Reviews

Australia33 reviews
A typical day would look like getting into work signing and retrieving my keys.
If I had the morning shift, before opening we'd look in all the windows to make sure that each item is facing the right way, there were no empty places and making sure that the SKU's were on the right item.

The hardest part of the job was reaching targets, during my time there I hadn't retrieved the proper training a lot of the staff were given, but I worked with what I had and gave it my all.

I enjoyed the team I worked with and learning about different sales strategies and jewellery.
You work hard, deliver results and you will be rewarded.
All about the team, customer and you in that order.

Loved my teams. Loved the energy of the company and absolutely loved my National Manager. Very logical, intelligent and inspirational leader.
Worked as a xmas casual . unrealistic sales budgets, expected to stay back after every shift. Not allowed to sell over $500 yet shift budget was $3k+. Full timers stole our big sales
When I first worked in the distribution centre of bevilles it was fantastic. The people were nice and they were helpful. After a while, true colours show and nepotism is strong in this workplace.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Extreme Favouritism
most of the girls working there were very nice though there were a few who were very rude. the managers would try and force us to buy things if we did not hit daily budgets and targets.
good company and great training provided by company
the travel was a bit far from my place and was waiting for a closer location, which was given to someone else

Overall was fast pace and great learning experience at Bevilles
I loved working at Bevilles, couldnt recommend working here more.
Fun atmosphere, great team and best management! They know how to look after their staff
Unrealistic work expectation (KPI.s) and poor work/life balance
Dreadful management, promote unhealthy and antagonistic work culture ( Employees "steal" each others sales just to make their KPI's and earn commissions)
Training was over a short three day period, however, training and assistance was provided constantly for Christmas casuals. Staff were friendly and helpful, however, were at times a little impatient and patronising.
Pros
Opportunity provided for High School Leavers
Cons
Unapproachable management
Multiple instances of workplace bullying, being underpaid and not receiving benefits (apart from staff discount), and expectations of casual workers exceeding contractual obligations. However, I loved the work I was doing in this role and believe the culture was the main factor leading to my lacking job satisfaction.
Pros
Exciting work, good staff discount, opportunities to grow in the company
Cons
Poor work culture, bullying, poor wages, contract loopholes
Bevilles was very enjoyable for me. I personally had a great time and learnt a myriad of new things which will surely benefit me in the long run. The employees are all very close and very supportive of one another.
Pros
Jewellery discounts
Not too bad of a place to work. Staff is very close and friendly. All team members must have a out going and friendly attitude. Rostering is catered to your availability and good sales will be rewarded.
Pros
Treats for stadd
Cons
Some days just drag on
Preparing the windows / display..
Making sure the area is clean

Serving customers

Very friendly people to work with

Learned to be more self confident and enjoy the work that I do
Management have their “favourites” and they can do no wrong.
How many people have to be bullied before something gets done, 4 people in the short time I was there.

Pays well, personally it’s not worth it.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bullying
This place I worked was the head office of Bevilles in the CBD of Melbourne this was a fun and fast paced work environment I mainly got to work with some great people and great team leader who I learned a lot from I worked mainly with watches there and had a a great time learning the processes to get the watches out to the different stores around Australia
Pros
learned about processes
Cons
was abit to fast paced
The worst management I have ever experienced, in fact its a part of my life I wish to erase as I have never seen so many unhappy people in one place. Productivity shocking, management shocking this is why they are down to one shop which I am totally amazed is still going.
great culture
good environment

good benefits

because the work life balance is great

great skills for further progression

great benefits with salary .
Hard work, Friendly management, work balance, great pay, onsite training. great workplace.great products to work with, most store are only a phone cal
Pros
good disc count for staff
Cons
long hours, hard work
Loved working with bevilles, I enjoyed working with the customers and making sure they get what they want. My team members were also fantastic to work with
Pros
bounus
Cons
Long Hours
All staff had merchandising skills in stores and keeping them in a neat and tidy area. This was an excellent way for having high sales. It was so much easier to locate specific items.

By achieving high sales targets we were offered certificates by managers and offered small treats.

This helped us build confidence in our selves as well as the effort all staff members put into their work.
Pros
recognition
Cons
Standing up long hours
great product
excellent quality in diamonds

large teams

great vibe in store

lots of autonomy

challenging and rewarding

lots of categories to learn about