Bevilles Jewellers Employee Reviews

A year at Bevilles
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA30 January 2019
Multiple instances of workplace bullying, being underpaid and not receiving benefits (apart from staff discount), and expectations of casual workers exceeding contractual obligations. However, I loved the work I was doing in this role and believe the culture was the main factor leading to my lacking job satisfaction.
Pros
Exciting work, good staff discount, opportunities to grow in the company
Cons
Poor work culture, bullying, poor wages, contract loopholes
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 August 2018
Bevilles was very enjoyable for me. I personally had a great time and learnt a myriad of new things which will surely benefit me in the long run. The employees are all very close and very supportive of one another.
Pros
Jewellery discounts
Bevilles job review
Staff training and development (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW17 May 2018
Not too bad of a place to work. Staff is very close and friendly. All team members must have a out going and friendly attitude. Rostering is catered to your availability and good sales will be rewarded.
Pros
Treats for stadd
Cons
Some days just drag on
A fun environment to work in
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC20 February 2018
Preparing the windows / display..
Making sure the area is clean
Serving customers
Very friendly people to work with
Learned to be more self confident and enjoy the work that I do
You’ll never lose your job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 January 2018
Management have their “favourites” and they can do no wrong.
How many people have to be bullied before something gets done, 4 people in the short time I was there.
Pays well, personally it’s not worth it.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Bullying
Easy going staff and learning opportunities
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 January 2018
This place I worked was the head office of Bevilles in the CBD of Melbourne this was a fun and fast paced work environment I mainly got to work with some great people and great team leader who I learned a lot from I worked mainly with watches there and had a a great time learning the processes to get the watches out to the different stores around Australia
Pros
learned about processes
Cons
was abit to fast paced
Worst place ever
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA14 December 2017
The worst management I have ever experienced, in fact its a part of my life I wish to erase as I have never seen so many unhappy people in one place. Productivity shocking, management shocking this is why they are down to one shop which I am totally amazed is still going.
work life balance
Epping Plaza, Part time (Former Employee) –  pres1 December 2017
great culture
good environment
good benefits

because the work life balance is great
great skills for further progression
great benefits with salary .
Hard work, fun, good money, great management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA17 September 2017
Hard work, Friendly management, work balance, great pay, onsite training. great workplace.great products to work with, most store are only a phone cal
Pros
good disc count for staff
Cons
long hours, hard work
Productive and friendly
Customer Service/Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fountain Gate VIC8 August 2017
Loved working with bevilles, I enjoyed working with the customers and making sure they get what they want. My team members were also fantastic to work with
Pros
bounus
Cons
Long Hours
Sales
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 May 2017
All staff had merchandising skills in stores and keeping them in a neat and tidy area. This was an excellent way for having high sales. It was so much easier to locate specific items.

By achieving high sales targets we were offered certificates by managers and offered small treats.

This helped us build confidence in our selves as well as the effort all staff members put into their work.
Pros
recognition
Cons
Standing up long hours
challenging and rewarding
Regional Manager - Victoria/South Australia (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC15 February 2017
great product
excellent quality in diamonds
large teams
great vibe in store
lots of autonomy
challenging and rewarding
lots of categories to learn about
always a busy day
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC9 October 2016
always have things to do
fun and interesting
new things to learn
you can move up in the company
start as a Christmas casual and continue
work hard and enjoy
Pros
lots of learning
Cons
The Customers where fantastic.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW26 February 2016
Durning the time of me working with this company I found that they only really cared about the "cash flow" and it had a lot to do with how the manager's and owners handled the company. I loved working with some of the employee's and enjoyed working with 95% of the customer's, overall I love to be able to communicate with others.
Pros
Seeing the customer's enjoy the products they purchased.
Cons
dealing with rude staff members.
Work Was Ok
Jewelry Sales Consultant. - Melbourne Australia (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC30 October 2015
Busy Attending Customers From All Walks Of Life
Give The Same importance To All Customers Whether Big Or Small
Was Cooperative
Handling 2-4 Customers At One go
Sales
Pros
Meeting People From All Walks Of Life
Cons
Handling 3-4 customers At The Same Time
my day at work.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Penrith, NSW14 January 2015
Working at Bevilles Jewellers was a great experience for me, I was able to learn a lot with dealing with customers on a on-going situations, there where some down falls in being with in the industry with customers and staff members, I learnt to just go in and do my job and finish that day. I use to struggled with talking to customers up front and approaching them as i use to be behind a counter, until working with in the industry of sales. Which was a massive step up for me. Dealing with management was hard being a casual member as all the management and full time staff members made great friendships and to be a Christmas casual I felt like an out sider. There was an issue which I was dealing with a Customer and the assistant manager had sent over another staff member to take over my sale and for me to go home which I still had two hours before time to clock out, the customer was not blessed with the way my assistant manager dealt with the issue and approached her and made it clear that they where going to deal with my self and only my self which I was able to sell an item off the shop floor which had been there for a year. That was my best moment having a customer stand up for my rights and understood how important that sale meant to me. I made my daily and weekly target that day. Once this happened being in the industry did not become easy I had become to feel treated different since that afternoon, I stopped working there and even as a customer I have been treated badly, I personally will not go there to shop. I still agree I learnt a lot from working there so it is a great  more... and a bad experience.  less
fun working envoritmemt
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  broadmeadows6 August 2014
worked over Christmas period, worked well with others, wonderful clientele wished it had of continued
Pros
work staff
Cons
not enough hours
A different day, a different challenge
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northlakes & Chermside14 July 2014
Meeting customers requirements whilst working with people from all walks off life and experiences which made for an easy and fun atmosphere.
great place to work but not enough hours
Flexi part-time, sales consultant (Former Employee) –  elizabeth sa8 July 2014
loved it, meeting and helping people from diverse backgrounds
learnt a lot about jewellery, and watches
co workers very helpful and friendly
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not enough hours
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Taylors Lakes, VIC25 May 2014
no comment for this company as they went into voluntary receivership and left me without a job with no notice. just a letter in the mail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bevilles Jewellers. Our community is ready to answer.