BGC Contracting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BGC Contracting Employee Reviews

Australia94 reviews
Would of liked to get to known more there before the covid-19 came too, but overall it was an easy going work place. Made friends while I was there. Would work
There again
Lack of task training and Safety reviews. Had to learn the job by being thrown in the deep end.
Management have been appointed through acquaintances with low or no management training.

Tough work conditions in the way of shift work and hazardous materials not represented in pay. I would of loved jobs if there was one available.

W
great company good people not everything is always going to be perfect any where. I worked at a great place and everyone worked as one team for one goal
A typical day at work included answering phone calls to assist clients/builders and writing up service orders. Learnt a lot about customer service and working under pressure. Hardest part of the job was trying to deal with difficult clients. Most enjoyable part of the job was solving complex building issues with fellow co-workers.
Loved working there and would love to continue with extra understanding of procedures and be stable to work . Did courting and forklift and placing plaster boards in right places . It's very important to be focused at all times . And safety is big time .
My work experience with BGC Contracting has been stimulating. I was working at CPM at the campsite, Karratha. The employees are helpful and senior management very thoughtful and caring. I had a good time with them and learning a skill. otherwise, I have no complaint and enjoyed my time with them. BGC Contracting is a professional company, very focused on work and job matters. The superiors are very people-focused and get things done. I will always recommend BGC Contracting to a friend.
it was really a good job i had,was able to learn lot of skills regarding the products we do there with good quality and required quantity as per the requirement of the scheduled target.learned to trouble shooting in less time and increasing the target and quality.
Great company to work for, given extremely good opportunities and scope for growth. Grown from scratch by Len Buckeridge and this is reflected in the values of the company, being proud of the work they do, and caring for their employees and clients.
Great company to work for. Would like to work for them again one day.
The only trouble was the inexperience of the Supervisor, which caused a lot of ridiculous and careless mistakes.
Pros
Laha
Cons
Fairly well organised group with some very good supervisors in control of the contracts and day to day running, providing a good stream of works over the last 14 years.
Pros
Regular work
Cons
Cost cutting quality
Just a company that doesn’t care for it’s workers ,don’t hurt your self because they will not help you trust me it happen to me with this company just lies is what this company is about
Pros
Good pays
Cons
No family life
help us acquired permanent residency, not a perfect company but I have learned lot of things to develop my skills. some management are not fair but some are very good in handling workers. I think that's common to every employer.
Pros
hire different races, good pay
Cons
starting to redundant people since housing market is decreased
8am to 5 pm office hours , easy access to resources required to carry out work efficiently. Good clean office . Friendly down to earth CEO. Considerate and courteous colleagues.
Pros
Free covered Car park space for every staff
Cons
Change in management affected the moral for a while
Was an enjoyable productive company with great crews. It was a smaller site but that was enjoyable because you spend more time with your crew than your family at home
Money was good, management not so, fellow workers really good to work with and for,machinery on this site was fairly new so it was good to operate on a daily basis
BGC was a good company to work for, not afraid to prompt from with in. I cant fault BGC for safety they have good systems of work by following there policies and procedures.
I was fulfilled, rewarded and enjoyed my workplace and colleagues. My crew members were friendly and supportive, my work load suited my abilities and so encouraged a sense of pride. At the end of each day I went home with a sense of achievement. The even time roster provides perfect work/life balance.
Pros
7/7 roster
Cons
Slow, rain affected days
I enjoyed going to work and the doing the job that I was employed to do. The people that I worked with were friendly and made most days enjoyable. There were some ups and downs during my time with BGC but I would consider working for this company again if the opportunity arose.
very repetative…
no communication between supervisors.

always swaping and changing workers so it slightly organized caos ,..

safety is very good though
fast paced working environment
you learned to be time efficient,the management was good

you worked always in a safe manner

the hardest part was being away from family missing the important times like birthdays
Very good company culture, the staff are friendly and helpful. The learning experience is excellent with the company, especially for the vocational students who are looking to gain experience in Civil, Mining, and Infrastructure projects.