BGC Contracting Employee Reviews

Fun and rewarding environment
Dump Truck Operator, Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Whyalla SA20 September 2018
I was fulfilled, rewarded and enjoyed my workplace and colleagues. My crew members were friendly and supportive, my work load suited my abilities and so encouraged a sense of pride. At the end of each day I went home with a sense of achievement. The even time roster provides perfect work/life balance.
Pros
7/7 roster
Cons
Slow, rain affected days
Enjoyable Workplace and great people
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA19 July 2018
I enjoyed going to work and the doing the job that I was employed to do. The people that I worked with were friendly and made most days enjoyable. There were some ups and downs during my time with BGC but I would consider working for this company again if the opportunity arose.
OK place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Whyalla SA10 December 2018
Money was good, management not so, fellow workers really good to work with and for,machinery on this site was fairly new so it was good to operate on a daily basis
productive /learning enviroment
Ancillary Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  windarling operation25 May 2018
fast paced working environment
you learned to be time efficient,the management was good
you worked always in a safe manner
the hardest part was being away from family missing the important times like birthdays
productive
General labourer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA17 July 2018
very repetative…
no communication between supervisors.
always swaping and changing workers so it slightly organized caos ,..
safety is very good though
Work Environment
Student Engineer (Current Employee) –  Perth WA23 April 2018
Very good company culture, the staff are friendly and helpful. The learning experience is excellent with the company, especially for the vocational students who are looking to gain experience in Civil, Mining, and Infrastructure projects.
koolyanobbing
Dump Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Koolyanobbing WA11 April 2018
Very enjoyable place to work.machines are old,but reliable.great work mates and supervision.pay rates are fantastic.however there isn't much training or career advancement opportunities.
Pros
great pay, great team mates.
Cons
very little training.
Low Morale
Site Administrator for Koolyanobbing Mine Site (Former Employee) –  Koolyanobbing WA6 April 2018
Wasn't a nice place to work for in the end. Anyone would throw you under the bus if it meant them getting head. Used to be a big family and we would help each other now it's every man for themselves
Challenging place to work
MAINTENANCE PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Koolyanobbing WA23 March 2018
I achieved my personal career goal within five years of being employed there. Had to go back to go forward and at times it was challenging but eventually made it to where i wanted to go.
Good
Machinery Operator (Current Employee) –  Western Australia22 March 2018
A company where i got my start. I found my co workers very knowledgeable and willing to share their knowledge with others.
The ability to have job role flexibility

Want to know more about BGC Contracting?

Ask a question
Good Working Area
Roadcrew operator (Former Employee) –  Koolyanobbing WA3 October 2017
Was a wonderful place to work. Living onsite and working for 14 days at a time had its challenges but something i would do again. The gym facilities were my faverouite. The people you work with make the place.
Low training and zero support to new employees
Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA29 August 2017
No job descriptions for new employees and no feedbacks.
I have been relocated with any preview note frequently.

The work itself is nice and calm. Not much pressure on daily works and a good environment.
They had a pool
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Hedland WA16 April 2016
Great place to work great team of people both on the ground and in management I was on the production digger there to.
There was a good work culture with a safe work environment.
I was also in the relieving supervisor's roll in the later stages of the contract. the client Atlas Iron were also good to work with as they generally had a good team of people that would genuinely listen to what you had to say and would try to work with you as a team.
Pros
Great team of guys and girls
Cons
Nightshift
10,000,000 man hours LTI free that is a good place to work
IT Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Roy Hill Package 3 , Port Hedland29 March 2016
Pre-start
Pre-start plant
Travel to site
Meet with other operators in area .
Meet with truck drivers to discuss safe travel areas
Keep area clean and flat and level between loads as it makes for easier operation
Finish days works by completing pre start hours and recording and reporting any faults
Travel to go line and safely park and shut down
Pros
Good understanding with people in work area makes job safe
Good enjoable place to work
Roadtrain Operator / Leading hand (Current Employee) –  Koolyanobbing Southern Cross11 June 2012
3 loads a day from windarling to Kooly operating C510 Kenworth pulling 3 trailers with a payload of 210 tonne.Check and maintain daily operation of roadtrains.Overall good work ethics with in my crew really good bunch of guys to work with.Weather conditions at times can be very challenging.The most enjoable part of my job would be resolving an issue when things go wrong and finishing of my day incident and accident free
Pros
having everything supplied for the 2 weeks your on site
Cons
not being home evry night with my family
A huge learning curve!
Haulpack Operator (Former Employee) –  Jundee WA24 August 2013
This was my very first job in Mining. Coming straight from Hospitality, which I had been in for 28 years, it was a shock.
I took with me, when I left, the achievement of becoming a driver of Haulpaks, and learning what FIFO was like and how to deal with it and the mining life.
I enjoyed most of it except I didn't know, at first, how to combat the behavior of most of the people on site. I was used to going forward to people and I learned to keep very private and separate from the workers whilst staying friendly.
I came away having become stronger and it was good experience.
Pros
Great lifestyle
Cons
Dealing with certain elements on site
New Accommodation,Great rooms
Bomb crew,Drill and Blast (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA30 March 2014
Working with Explosive is very exciting and challenging the Hardest Part of the job would have to be the Condition we work under ie weather the Heat Factor And keeping Hydrated.After a long hard day loved going back to my room and Relaxing in the Aircon. then catching up with a few of the boys at dinner to talk about the day.
Pros
having icypoles/drinks in our crib fridge
Cons
Starting early or working back to meet dead lines did not go unotice.
Great place to work!!
Senior Driller (Current Employee) –  Wodgina23 April 2015
Work together, hang out together, work out together, management was great, co-workers are like family, hardest part of the job spending time away from the family, the most enjoyable part is working as part of a great team to achieve our goals with an impeccable safety record and seeing what your hard earned money can provide for your family. Such a shame it couldn't last the mining slump.
Pros
Christmas and Easter holidays, Great camp, great friends.
Cons
Aside from missing my family there are no cons to speak of I loved working at Wodgina
enjoyable job but 12 hour shift from night to day was difficult.
BGC Plasterboard (Former Employee) –  Perth, WA18 June 2013
doing daily checks, start up machinery, make sure the production line was running at full capacity, watch screens for any malfunction on the production line. Was always informed of what was required when starting work, and was always instructed what needed to be done. Working 1 week nights and 1 week days 12 hour shifts was the hardest part of the job. Learnt a lot about production. When things were running smoothly along the production line.
Pros
Wages were good.
Cons
12 hour shifts.
Excellent team environment and high ethical standards and procedures
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Perth WA14 March 2014
Autonomous position which involved interaction with Stakeholders including Government, Consultant and Client representatives. The most enjoyable part of the Project (which I was engaged under Contract) was being able to achieve Progress which was ahead of target programs and budget.
Management was supportive with a structured approach. I enjoyed being able to mentor my Staff and motivate subcontractors.
Pros
Autonomy and enjoyable Company workplace culture
Cons
Lack of job security