BGIS Employee Reviews

horrible employer
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 February 2019
BGIS is not an employer of choice. Infact I would not recommend them to anyone. Their employment policies do not match the reality of management practices.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Everything associated with being employed by them
Relaxed and Inspirational Environment
Data Analyst Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 August 2018
During my time at BGIS, I worked closely with the HR team to analyse and interpret internal data. My team were extremely friendly and made me feel right at home from the beginning. It was a pleasure to work in such a friendly environment and I was able to express myself personally as well as professionally.
On a day to day basis I received data from the payroll team such as employee details. It was my job to determine patterns in employee practices and summarize this data to present to upper management.

I learned a great deal about employee behaviors through data analysis and was able to improve employee workflow and treatment by recognizing imperfections and brainstorming solutions to management.

I reported to a number of managers, all of which were very open minded and patient. I was very impressed with their people skills as well as their ability to deliver employee requests.

It was a greatly diversified working environment with employees from all over the world. All aspects of these cultures were greatly respected and celebrated which added to the productivity.

The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to my team when my time in Australia was over. It was by far the greatest working environment I've ever had the pleasure of working for.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Air conditioning temperature
good team spirit
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Unsw Sydney NSW25 April 2018
Sharing what happens in our team
Management is supportive.
Workplace culture is with a fast pace.
The company is so big that we only meet our colleagues in other account over annual party.
Great Experience
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  New South Wales23 March 2018
It's been a great opportunity to work with this company and it's a great experiences and colleagues has been very supportive and even though it is a multicultural country, I enjoy the workplace as well.
Pros
Free breads at breakfast
Cons
Na
Main Business in Sydney Excellent
Senior Facilities Manager/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD14 March 2018
Satellite Accounts very unsupported and difficult to manage, requires great leadership and strength to excel.
Busy day managing hard and soft services, assisting the healthcare industry, managers and staff within the organisation worked and bonded well, but externally poorly managed.
Pros
Local
Cons
Long Hours and Insecurity
Constant restructuring no job security, staff changes on a weekly basis
FACILITIES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 February 2018
Never worked for a company that had no idea how to run a business it was like amateur hour. Poor transitional team and upper management that has no idea how to develop and maintain a contract. Avoid this company if you can, they are not worth it
Pros
Boss that never showed up for work nor took any interest in what was happening
Cons
No idea what they are doing
Don’t work here
Fire technician (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 January 2018
No support for technicians. All movements tracked , massive work loads. Work flow management system sub par always breaking down and can be difficult to use. Tight dead lines.
You are a technician, estimater, safety officer. You have to be a one man show that does everything. You are treated more as a sub contractor then a full time employee
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No support, lack of staff management only out to screw you over
A company that doesnt care about people
Worker (Current Employee) –  NSW23 September 2017
see above Prepare spreadsheets
Data Entry
Answer and direct all incoming phone calls
Schedule appointments
Organise meetings
Support the team with administrative duties
Liaise with internal and external stakeholder SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Fast paced but interesting work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney21 June 2017
If you are adaptable and like variety and thrive on a fast pace environment that's not process driven but profit driven you will like the company and the people are all friendly.
Table Tennis at Lunch
Facilities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW27 April 2017
The client we are based at looks after their staff very well, hence we were able to enjoy their facilities. A play room with plenty of entertainment such as Wii, table tennis, board games, etc.
Productive and Fast Paces
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney Inner Suburbs NSW6 September 2016
Fast paced environment with a team of 12 enthusiastic hardworking and helpful individuals that helped me to learn in the Facilities Management industry. A typical day at work would be monitoring of the work request system (Archibus) and issuing of work requests to sub contractors for reactive based maintenance work. Also generating reports, processing and preparing of invoices for payment, building inspections and audits and other general ad-hoc duties requested by management.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
No structure
Great Manager and staff, good place to work,
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC26 August 2016
Every day would be different, from administration work to carry out repairs or site inspections, to review SWMS to dealing with issues that happen during the day
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
no issues
Good place to work, even though the client was challenging
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Southbank VIC30 December 2015
Enjoyed my time there. Good work culture, made some great friends.
Nice building with a great location, and free onsite parking.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
After hours call outs.
Supportive workplace
Facilities co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW24 October 2015
Great employer where I was given frequent opportunities to expand my skills and take on more responsibilities. I enjoyed a high degree of autonomy, and my opinion and managerial style was valued.
Short term contract
Technical Facilities Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  melbourne Vic8 October 2015
Developing alterations to improve the computer room electrical systems.
Closing out outstanding AESMR issues to the land lords satisfaction.
The co workers on site are a great bunch, very friendly and happy whilst working on a tough account.
The management is too distant to the site teams.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
A tough account
Growing Company with many opportunities
Sydney University - Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney6 January 2015
Brookfield has been a great place to kick off my Facilities Management Career. I have learnt a great deal of knowledge from my peers and received all the training I have requested. I would like to find a job overseas and move to a new country for new life experiences and further my career with a new company.
Very supportive company that provides great working environment
Concierge and Function Assistant (Former Employee) –  Potts Hill, NSW24 May 2013
My manager and colleagues are very supportive in my work. There has never been an issue in our working together. Everyone one is flexible and caring. They are able to assist any way they can, as long as it does not impact largely on our day to day work.

My typical day will involve handling with a lot of requests from a diversity of people, which can sometimes be very stressful. But with the help of my colleagues I am able to easily manage any difficulties that come my way.

The hardest part is getting through a quiet period, which I enjoy because the staff at my office are very friendly. They are always telling me their stories about their work and how they live their life. I find every aspect of customer servicing very challenging and interesting. This is what motivates me to work, because I am surrounded by wonderful people.

Brookfield Johnson Controls is a company that provides services in Real Estate Management. I am honored to have been able to work in such a great company. Their ongoing support in assisting my career development has been a rough road, but they have done a great job trying to look after me as best they can. I appreciate all the wonderful people I have been able to collaborate with and those that have assisted me along my pathway.