Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BGIS Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
Good people in my team
Upper management need to pull their heads in and support management and staff on the ground and make systems workable to support clients on individual accounts
Sneaky & bullying micromanagement
Bullying culture from Accounts Manager
Several experienced line managers have quit recently & are extremely stressed due to his behavior.

All staff have felt threatened in their jobs & made to feel small, nobody likes the company or it's Accounts manager, most are looking for other employment.No training, No PPE, expected to carry out additional jobs to regular work scope that we agreed to.
Workaholic
I was always working down time wasn’t enough
You were expected to cover the afternoon shift till 11.00pm but if something came up before end of your shift to stay on and attempt to fix it without payment for time
Not bad
Culture is great but training is poor. The jobs are great but the company and managers are more about saying they’re good at training and offer options for further development than they actually are and do. One bad manager can spoil a great team but higher up managers don’t question anything.
BGIS Transport
The section was unpredictable and unprofessional, the Supervisor never considered or consulted effectively with the employee's.
Poor people skills!

You get calls and messages whilst you're on your break about trivial things,then you're accused of not answering phone, never leaves a message. Tasks get changed half way through

inconveniencing clients, poor planning and scheduling!
Poor account management
Really quite clunky around the account management of a major energy provider however in fairness, the energy provider were quite poor themselves, were going through a merger with the main players here more interested in securing their roles. Overall just a complete you know what from both sides
Good Company
Pros: Good team, great office facilities, office location, great manager

Cons: teams don't really mix with each other, systems, processes not in place
I look forward to coming to work!
I've been with BGIS for 6 months and i feel that my role and the recruitment team have a great culture. Our team are honest, transparent, ideas and challenges are acknowledged and worked on.

During my time i haven already been exposed to multiple projects and see great change within the business.

It is achievable to get a good work life balance within BGIS however there are busy times in the business within FM mobilisations
Pros
Ideas and challenges are acknowledged and worked on
Cons
Multiple systems cause challenges internally and externally
Nice place to work
BGIS is a lovely, relaxed company to work for. Management are very supportive and approachable. All of my colleagues are extremely helpful and friendly. There is a great workplace culture here.
Career Opportunities within a growing business
A huge amount of Career opportunities across the business, they have something like 60 clients in the APAC region which are within Power, Energy, Defence, Government, Mining Telecommunications and Finance.
Great Organisation
I have worked for BGIS for 5 years and have found the company to be very accommodating and works collaborative in a fast paced environment. All Managers are very approachable and happy to offer advice along the way. Career progression, career development and redeployment are a priority for the business and they always strive to retain experienced employees.
The company is very welcoming and are always on the look out for new ideas and a "new way of doing things".

I have worked across multiple teams and have found the culture to be very friendly, welcoming and supportive of each other.
Bad management poor culture not skill recognition they staff out you pay all times
Currently Air conditioning technician position. BGIS company bad management not training not career you be only a number All managements. And liders poor culture levels
Pros
Not rewards bad management a lots mistake in you pay slips always
horrible employer
BGIS is not an employer of choice. Infact I would not recommend them to anyone. Their employment policies do not match the reality of management practices.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Everything associated with being employed by them
Relaxed and Inspirational Environment
During my time at BGIS, I worked closely with the HR team to analyse and interpret internal data. My team were extremely friendly and made me feel right at home from the beginning. It was a pleasure to work in such a friendly environment and I was able to express myself personally as well as professionally.
On a day to day basis I received data from the payroll team such as employee details. It was my job to determine patterns in employee practices and summarize this data to present to upper management.

I learned a great deal about employee behaviors through data analysis and was able to improve employee workflow and treatment by recognizing imperfections and brainstorming solutions to management.

I reported to a number of managers, all of which were very open minded and patient. I was very impressed with their people skills as well as their ability to deliver employee requests.

It was a greatly diversified working environment with employees from all over the world. All aspects of these cultures were greatly respected and celebrated which added to the productivity.

The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to my team when my time in Australia was over. It was by far the greatest working environment I've ever had the pleasure of working for.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Air conditioning temperature
They were okay. The staff were mostly intelligent
Reasonable systems and most people worked well together. The governance was under control and the management had good vision, however the sales undercut the bid putting more stress on the working arrangements
Pros
good local climate
Cons
the usual - marketing messes
good team spirit
Sharing what happens in our team
Management is supportive.

Workplace culture is with a fast pace.

The company is so big that we only meet our colleagues in other account over annual party.
Great Experience
It's been a great opportunity to work with this company and it's a great experiences and colleagues has been very supportive and even though it is a multicultural country, I enjoy the workplace as well.
Pros
Free breads at breakfast
Cons
Na
Main Business in Sydney Excellent
Satellite Accounts very unsupported and difficult to manage, requires great leadership and strength to excel.
Busy day managing hard and soft services, assisting the healthcare industry, managers and staff within the organisation worked and bonded well, but externally poorly managed.
Pros
Local
Cons
Long Hours and Insecurity
Constant restructuring no job security, staff changes on a weekly basis
Never worked for a company that had no idea how to run a business it was like amateur hour. Poor transitional team and upper management that has no idea how to develop and maintain a contract. Avoid this company if you can, they are not worth it
Pros
Boss that never showed up for work nor took any interest in what was happening
Cons
No idea what they are doing
Don’t work here
No support for technicians. All movements tracked , massive work loads. Work flow management system sub par always breaking down and can be difficult to use. Tight dead lines.
You are a technician, estimater, safety officer. You have to be a one man show that does everything. You are treated more as a sub contractor then a full time employee
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
No support, lack of staff management only out to screw you over
A company that doesnt care about people
see above Prepare spreadsheets
Data Entry

Answer and direct all incoming phone calls

Schedule appointments

Organise meetings

Support the team with administrative duties

Liaise with internal and external stakeholder SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BGIS. Our community is ready to answer.