Very productive and challenging assignment. Excellent team.
Senior mining cost engineer (Former Employee) – Cannington – 9 November 2013
1. First thing in the morning was to prepare the past 24 hours production (location, stope description, drilling and stocks description, quality of ores at different ug locations, hauling and ore deliveries to the mill, major issues and problems related to mine production and planning), and roof support works by the contractor during the past 24 hours.
2. Attend the production meeting with the area mine managers, area supervisors, production engineers, geologists, planning engineers, safety officers and the general manager. Present the summary reports on production and quality and delivery statistics and ask questions to address issues in the next 24 hours. Advise adjustments and refinements required in the plans and production planning and drilling and blasting schedules for the next 24 hours.
3. Refine the production plans for the next 24 hours and for the week. Do refinements to meet monthly forecast/budget production meeting grade/quality delivery commitments to the Mill.
4. Collect all the cost data for the ore production and delivery to the mill.
5. Update the running KPIs to keep check and control on the forecast/budget mine and product schedules.
6. Coordinate with the Mill, roof support shotcreting contractor, planning engineers and the financial accountants to make comprehensive running reports for the management.
7. Liaise with the mine manager to do any needfuls.
8. Liaise with the mill manager to do any needfulls.
Enjoyed 12 hours shift with opportunity to have a longer weekends.
Very productive and contributive to the health of Cannington Mine, both operationally and cost wise. Satisfying.