BHP Billiton Employee Review

View all BHP Billiton reviews

A great place to work with a great management team
Safety Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Central Queensland23 October 2016
A typical day at work with BMC at South Walker Creek Coal Mine included the review of High Risk Task procedures and training requirements, this also led to the need to develop audit tools for Workplace Inspections, Equipment Inspections, VOC training requirements and development of site wide Training Matrix' for individual employees and contracting companies.

In this role my greatest learning centred around the different requirements and documents required to perform tasks.

the management based at this mine site were very pro-active towards safety and implementing changes to reduce risk and improve efficiencies of high risk tasks.

The hardest part of this role was adjusting to the different requirements for performing basic (everyday) tasks as I had previously worked with some more regulated sites.

The most enjoyable part of my time at this site was leading revisions of site specific Policies and Procedures which allowed me to introduce some best practice methods to everyday (basic) tasks
Pros
Enjoyable workplace, Great management team
Cons
No real con's

Other BHP Billiton Employee Reviews

very productive and flexible place of work focused on employees personal development and workplace fulfillment
PRINCIPAL TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS PARTNER (Current Employee) –  Perth Central Business District WA7 May 2019
A typical day at work involved core routine meetings .The culture of the organisation is focused on inclusion and diversity which makes this company great towork in
Its good we can use the wifi
GENERAL SERVICCES MINER (Former Employee) –  Olympic Dam SA7 April 2019
Need to be more organised with tools, equipment, cars, and heavy machinery.
Need more crews on shift to finish jobs, and need people to be more safety aware.
Pros
1hr lunch breaks
Cons
Needs to look out for their workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BHP Billiton. Our community is ready to answer.