BHP

16: BHP Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Excellent mentors

Some excellent mentors to help adjust to BHP systems of operation.Unfortunately management focused on own personal KPI'S to advance their careers and not focused on efficiency, schedules or budgets.

Pros

Relatively autonomous

Cons

Stuck for 14 weeks at a time in WA through Covid pandemic

A great workplace with a fantastic team.

BHP are very good at setting the standard and bringing you up to it. I had a great crew to work with, never felt left out or ignored and always felt appreciated for my work. I learned a lot of skills that have been important for my future career growth and felt like I mattered as a colleague. The work crews can be a bit insular, but management encouraged cooperation and rotated staff to gain broader skills and experience. Good food at camp and machinery and plant was well maintained and safe.

Pros

Great crew, great facilities, always have the tools to do the job, support from senior leaders and job satisfaction.

Cons

extreme weather conditions, isolation, working away from home.

Stressful get their pound of flesh

It is what u make it lot of politics Lot of egos to deal with if you keep to yourself you will survive Company definetly get their pound of flesh but money isn't as good as it used to be

Rude mean people

Very rude Very mean And bully people Never going back I was there to work as I always expreince BHP WITH such a friendly a culture place to work. I have been on different mine sites of different companies too. But BHP SOUTH THE WORST OF WORST NEVER EVER GO THERE

Great work life balance!!

A great place to work if you have family with kids, good payment but not on top side of the market. my manger is very easy to deal, approachable and professional.

Pros

work life balance, room for improvement

Cons

payment and salary packages

Very good

Excellent thank you BHP are a fantastic company to be associated with they are motivated self motivating and respectful. If you are lucky enough to get a permanent role with BHP you’ll be set for life they have excellent training programs and I’m questionable occupational health and safety environment

Great company

Great company which can provide its employees lots of internal opportunities. Good salary and above the market level. I will definitely recommend BHP to anyone wants a good career within mining industry.

Fabulous place to work!

Love it! Great culture, great people! Very safety conscious and have a wonderful LGBTQI program Jasper. The company supports inclusion and diversity at all levels and there are roles to suit all types of skills.

Fun work place respectful management

Good company with good standards and good spirit. Look after its employees.Employees work with respect as a team. Their hearts are on the job. Good spirit.

Pros

Good pay good facilities

Cons

Ethics and culture are words not theirvway of conducting a business. Lack of support and communication. Management is clicky and constant turnover

Studied at FFA which was a disaster. Safety and lessons were done last minute and unorganised. Lots of down time waiting for equipment or tooling. Big lasses and training wasn't supervised as it should be

Pros

Options of sites. Big company. Foo4d was good.

Cons

No support. Equipment and tools were issues. Politics was a joke.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BHP?

If you’re wanting to develop skills this isn’t the place. They give false promises and never meet them. No advancement unless you’ll fill a quota.

Good to work there if you’re just chasing money and NOT after advancement or development. If you’re wanting to become a better and more skilled professional then I’d recommend looking else where which is now what I’ve done.Pretty much just a number here. Now they’re bringing in untrained and unskilled Maintenance Associates at a cheaper rate to take over from any diesel fitters that’s leave. It’s a hazard/death in the making.

Pros

Some

Cons

A lot

Great camp ammenities at Spinifex, Yandi used to be a great place to work. I met some great people and made lifelong friends.

I learnt so much at OHP3 OHP1 and OHP2 I had a fantastic Supervisor at OHP2/3 with a mostly awesome crew and when moved across to OHP1 also luckily got a fantastic Supervisor and Crew in the beginning. I loved working on the plant and enjoyed being trained up as a Step up Supervisor.The last 8 months of my 4 years there however was rather unpleasant due to a few people.

Pros

Meals supplied

Cons

Purple circle

Productive and friendly place to work

Spent five years with BHP as an operator all ways something different to do truck loader dozer excavator or face shovel, not just the same machines day in and day out some like it some don’t but it’s never boring and never asked to do anything without a plan and with a safety first approach to everything would highly recommend any one to give them a try if you go to work with a good attitude you will get it in return,

Pros

Great roster

Cons

Can’t think of anything maybe 12 hrs a day but that standard in mining

Overall good experience

Friendly environment to work with where you can experience positive vibes to work. Also the safest working condition with technology advanced tools used for cleaning purposes

Collborative and diverse

BHP offers an enjoyable place to work which promotes flexible working and a diverse workforce. BHP expects hard work from their employees but you are rewarded with a good competitive salary, a good work culture and work collegues that become your family. There are many opportunities within the company and lots of room to move around from one role to another which means that many employees stay with the company their entire careers.

enjoyed working for a huge mining company, great people great place!

I enjoyed the work, driving the biggest trains in the world in certainly interesting. the company is great and the people are wonderful to deal with. I enjoyed my time there however needed to quit to look after my two daughters. ready again for the work force.

Pros

fly in fly out lifestyle

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BHP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BHP with

Learn about BHP in popular locations

• BHP