BHP
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BHP Employee Reviews

Good when u understand all the work instructions permits to work on board with computer and relevant up dates JSA and the above documents having a good work team who u CAN communicate with spent many years there wish l still was.
Pros
Depends ware u work
Cons
Make it work for u
Ups and downs.With all large businesses, there are some amazing experiences and those not so great. Most importantly in this business is to stay positive.
Work culture at BHP is brilliant. After migrating from overseas got this first opportunity to work in Control Systems, so it was really exciting for me an got to learn a lot of new things during my short tenure there at Olympic Dam.
Since initiating a woke business framework they have promoted a number of women into management positions who are exceptionally inexperienced in management and the work itself. To accommodate bullying, lying and manipulation by this "charming group of ladies" accepted by upper management. Don't be fooled by their "code of ethics". They don't abide by it and will threaten you if they have to. You will be surprised by their antics, as those who reside in the upper echelons are frightened to lose their overpaid positions. In some teams - not all - you will encounter what can only be described as a highly toxic environment. Dysfunctional, incompetence, mediocrity etc. It blew my socks off as to how bad it was. Waste and bureaucracy was everywhere. HR as well - so don't bother going there.
Pros
Above market salary
Cons
If you want to see how truly bad a corporate can be go to BHP. The waste, the incompetence, the bullying by people who claim to be oh so woke!
I enjoyed working with BHP and excelled my skills. Management is cooperative and colleagues are helpful. A typical day starts early morning and finishes by the evening. Mostly it is a very busy day with dozens of tasks to be completed. It gets busier during the shutdowns but then gets a little slow once shutdowns are over. Best place ever to work at Roxby downs Mines.
Pros
On Job Training
Cons
Some times challenging
Workplace culture ,the hardest part of the job ,a typical day at work happy. Management What learned . Im glad to learn and responsibility for my job
Pros
Good job future
Cons
Consent jobs
The people were helpful and supportive at all times, workmates are great and work as a team. I'm very happy to be apart of this company. The days and nights are long but in the mining Industry that's the name of the game.. don't do it if your heart isn't set on it.
Pros
Good pay, workmates, love operating the equipment
Cons
not really much to be honest..
Typical days start early which is refreshing! I learned it is your word versus the immediate supervisors in this situation I had a poor supervisor who I would not recommend. Otherwise, they treated you well but didn't seem like any room for advancement. Challenge was minimal, very 'woman' driven workplace which was a different experience for me.
Friendly environment to work with where you can experience positive vibes to work. Also the safest working condition with technology advanced tools used for cleaning purposes
strategy was downsize company then purchase there houses when the employees hadn't employment there processes and reports were ancient and inadequate .
Pros
staff unqualified
Cons
technology problems
I enjoyed my time at BHP, however, the culture needs a drastic overhaul. More than 80% of workers are contractors, and to me, that is purely disgusting in today's world. There is no security at BHP. None whatsoever. The 'us vs them' mentality is permeated throughout the culture at BHP and needs to be changed if they are going to attract a loyal and dedicated workforce. The world's biggest mining company posted a US$12b profit in the first quarter of 2020, and then proceeded to make over 2000 employees redundant. What kind of message does that say to you?
Pros
Working remotely 'culture'
Cons
Massive amount of contractors. They do not value their staff.
Awesome Team work , good training, great management good roster, transparent management, opportunity to excel, great people opportunities, long term work life balance
Pros
Team work
Cons
My experience with BHP has been most rewarding. Challenging documentation to prevent plant operation failure. Liaise with engineers to produce quality maintenance programs and make decisions with other BHP personnel to keep large mining equipment in operation. The hardest part of the job is making the correct dissensions to prevent breakdowns as high cost if the plant shuts down. The results with major breakdowns is sufficiently less and site management have reviewed and are more at ease.
If you can work for em well u would be very lucky Be safe don’t take risks Remember your work hours are 12 hour days so there is plenty of time to do the job safe. Make sure you follow procedures .
13hr days working a week day shift, week nighshift then week r n r, strict safety procedures, great training and advancement opportunities. Pay was great and share matching program
Pros
Great money
Cons
Fifo lifestyle takes a toll
Pathetic retardation, a culture of nitwits.Politically correct morons.Brain dead little midgets..more worried about Diversity than actual mining.They are a disgrace..
I really enjoyed my time at bhp and the people I worked with. Very inclusive company. No time wasters. Very smart colleagues. Great atmosphere. Would live to work there again.
The BHP Core values ? the management need to re look at these Every day and stop preaching what they don’t do them self they go on about waisted money all the time When they are the ones waisting it
Velika Kompanija priznata u cijelom svijetu po kvaliteti poslovnosti sve vam kaze ime BHP. Zelio bih da dobijem posao u BHP .Nisam nikada radio za BHP.
Good place to work and positive work culture. Worked is Resource and Business Optimization department, Strategy and Innovation, Mine Automation and Robotics.
Definetly depends on the area you are assigned to. My experience was a complete s#!% show from the get go. I really enjoyed the physical work, but never stood a chance in the boys club.
  1. Employee Reviews