Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BHP Employee Reviews

Australia317 reviews
Awesome Team work , good training, great management good roster, transparent management, opportunity to excel, great people opportunities, long term work life balance
Pros
Team work
Cons
Typical days start early which is refreshing! I learned it is your word versus the immediate supervisors in this situation I had a poor supervisor who I would not recommend. Otherwise, they treated you well but didn't seem like any room for advancement. Challenge was minimal, very 'woman' driven workplace which was a different experience for me.
Friendly environment to work with where you can experience positive vibes to work. Also the safest working condition with technology advanced tools used for cleaning purposes
strategy was downsize company then purchase there houses when the employees hadn't employment there processes and reports were ancient and inadequate .
Pros
staff unqualified
Cons
technology problems
I enjoyed my time at BHP, however, the culture needs a drastic overhaul. More than 80% of workers are contractors, and to me, that is purely disgusting in today's world. There is no security at BHP. None whatsoever. The 'us vs them' mentality is permeated throughout the culture at BHP and needs to be changed if they are going to attract a loyal and dedicated workforce. The world's biggest mining company posted a US$12b profit in the first quarter of 2020, and then proceeded to make over 2000 employees redundant. What kind of message does that say to you?
Pros
Working remotely 'culture'
Cons
Massive amount of contractors. They do not value their staff.
My experience with BHP has been most rewarding. Challenging documentation to prevent plant operation failure. Liaise with engineers to produce quality maintenance programs and make decisions with other BHP personnel to keep large mining equipment in operation.

The hardest part of the job is making the correct dissensions to prevent breakdowns as high cost if the plant shuts down. The results with major breakdowns is sufficiently less and site management have reviewed and are more at ease.
If you can work for em well u would be very lucky Be safe don’t take risks Remember your work hours are 12 hour days so there is plenty of time to do the job safe. Make sure you follow procedures .
13hr days working a week day shift, week nighshift then week r n r, strict safety procedures, great training and advancement opportunities. Pay was great and share matching program
Pros
Great money
Cons
Fifo lifestyle takes a toll
Pathetic retardation, a culture of nitwits.Politically correct morons.Brain dead little midgets..more worried about Diversity than actual mining.They are a disgrace..
I really enjoyed my time at bhp and the people I worked with.
Very inclusive company.

No time wasters.

Very smart colleagues.

Great atmosphere. Would live to work there again.
The BHP Core values ? the management need to re look at these Every day and stop preaching what they don’t do them self they go on about waisted money all the time When they are the ones waisting it
Good place to work and positive work culture. Worked is Resource and Business Optimization department, Strategy and Innovation, Mine Automation and Robotics.
Definetly depends on the area you are assigned to. My experience was a complete s#!% show from the get go. I really enjoyed the physical work, but never stood a chance in the boys club.
Great employment nice overtime
Good work environment

Friendship made

Life style easy going & flexible

Onsite clean crib and factories

And totally great memories
To many chiefs not enough Indians. Not enough communication between departments which caused a lot of conflict for everyone involved. Besides that the overall team work in each department was of a high standard.
Good safe,challenging days and an exciting workplace surface and underground. Had great support on a daily basis and had a schedule to follow and accomplish,at times did not accomplish it due to unforeseen underground blastings.
Diverse workforce and great work culture. Focus on the deliverbales and flexible work environment. Good work life balance. you look forward to go to work every day.
Be yourself show leadership at the group interview
Show all your Experience and note down think you can do

When you get to work for them it will take some time to get there

Training happens but it was slow to get it
- Flexible workplace
- Good growth opportunities although stiff competition

- Frustrating Red tape

- Management communication poor

- Growth limited to people with right connections
I'm happy with your company and management I want work in your company balance life time job I try my best i will do hard work in your company and I need job in this month ead can be possible I'm ready to work please do paperwork soon as possible please
This company is trying to build capability from the frontline up. The excitement of doing something new and different is rapidly replaced by excuses why not to. Leaders are the roadblock and this is repeated from company to company who really struggle with change and providing more autonomy. The bureaucracy mindset is the hardest thing to change.