BIG Brand Influence Group

24: BIG Brand Influence Group Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Very Supportive Company

I have worked for other marketing companies before, but this one takes the cake. They always there for you, even though you work most of the time on your own, you never feel lonely. If you need help, all you got to do is call your manager. If you do your part, this company will look after you.

Pros

acknowledgement and appreciation

Cons

understaffed

fun place to work. Very flexible and good balance around family needs

I worked at BIG last year as a merchandiser. I really enjoyed the flexibility that came with the job as I have 4 kids at school. The systems in place are easy to navigate and you can control how many hours you work. I always worked with well known brands so my customers were always happy to see me. If you're looking for casual, flexible and fun work then I highly recommend merchandising with BIG.

Pros

flexible hours, enjoyable work, work independently

Cons

pretty physical work

Great work life balance

Flexible hours, clear understanding of what’s expected.Approachable team members2 weeks in advance jobs/rosters, great for planning work life balance

Stressful, un-empathetic, overworking

You will be constantly overworked, you will not revive any bonus pay for this, you will be spoken to disrespectfully by the stores in which you attend, and there is no training despite what they may say. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you will be hounded.

14 June 2022
Hello,Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry your experience isn't satisfactory. Your situation sounds unpleasant and we'll like to hear more from you directly.Please feel free to reach out with any further comments, concerns or suggestions. We would love to make things right with you and hope that you give us that opportunity.Best regards,The BIG Team

Inaccurate representation

Says 30hrs gets 10hrs of actual paid work. Could be better workThey say you have a certain amount of work like 30 hours but it’s work that can be done in ten hours so you only get paid the ten hours. BIG still get paid the 30hours by the contractors eg grocery stores.

Pros

Autonomy

Cons

No hours

7 June 2022
Hello,Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. Your situation was an uncommon instance and we'll love to hear more from you directly.Please feel free to reach out with any further comments, concerns or suggestions. We would love to make things right with you and hope that you give us that opportunity. Best regards,The BIG Team

Supportive and dynamic workplace

I've been with BIG for a year and it's been great. I have a very supportive boss and a friendly team who are always available to help. I enjoy my work and it is very flexible which is great since I have 4 school aged children. There are always opportunities within the company if you are looking for advancement.

7 June 2022
Hello,Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. We're thrilled you loved your experience and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words. We put employees satisfaction as our priority and your review reaffirms the hard work we contribute daily. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.Thank you,The BIG Team

Good workplace, everyday is different

Great company to work for, I’m a single mum and working hours are flexible which suit me perfectly. Team leader and colleagues are always helpful and available to answer my concerns. You get paid good casual hourly rate, travel and petrol. No weekend work which is a bonus!

Pros

Everyday is different

Cons

Some weeks long hours other weeks not enough hours

7 June 2022
Hello, Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. We're thrilled you loved your experience and flexible. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.Thank you,The BIG Team

Highs and lows

Hours vary, sometimes you have alot of work sometimes you dont. Management sucks, they dont train people properly. Most of the time you are by yourself if you know what you are doing.

Pros

Get to take a break whenever, no one watching you. Can start anytime you like.

Cons

Minimal staff therefore you need to pick up extra work, quick training to new staff who don't know what their doing most of the time, Coles managers so rude

Don't recommend. Poor Management. Only Pro is work-life balance.

The territory manager only cares about how speedy you get the task done. If it goes over the assumed time they called and asked why. I felt pressured by time. Poor management to assist staff and felt like they didn't care about their employees. Also couldn't see any career progression. Just hours of work and the pressure to do the tasks without much support and guidance.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Time pressure. Little Support. Poor management and career progression. Physically demanding.

14 June 2022
Hello,Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. Your situation was an uncommon instance and we'll love to hear more from you directly.Please feel free to reach out with any further comments, concerns or suggestions. We would love to make things right with you and hope that you give us that opportunity.Best regards,The BIG Team

Merchandising

I’ve enjoyed it so far. I like that we can manage our own time, there is also a lot to learn so it’s never boring. There is a lot of driving & since I work in the city, a lot of looking for parking.

Pros

Freedom of schedule, never boring, meet a lot of people.

Cons

A lot of driving, sometimes not enough training m, a lot of unpaid work with courses online & induction cards etc

Flexible

BIG is a great company to work for always plenty of jobs, territory was manageable and local. Always fun to work with colleagues. Work days also flexible around family and other commitments.

Too many

Too many differering opinions and directions between management, and supervisors,no consistency within staff ,not a great deal of phone support for question to be answered

Great work and family time

Great work/family as you work the hours you can. Only downfall is it's casual. I really enjoy my job with this company. Help is always available when needed.

Zero communication, extremely long hours

Terrible company to work for. Little to no communication from management. The hours say 'from 5 hours', but if you start a task, you are expected to stay there till it's finished, so if it goes over tour finish time,bad luck. Time allowances for tasks is completely unacceptable, and often with little to no help. Worst place to work ever, and I've had a number of previous jobs

Pros

Cons

Everything to do with this company

Enjoyable

The work is reasonably enjoyable and everyone at the company is very nice and helpful. However the hours are very inconsistant which makes things difficult.

Great Company Culture and Excellent People

Brand Influence Group is such a great company that has made my work experience worthwhile as it has opened up a lot of opportunity for growth and development. The company culture is commendable and work flexibility is great too.

On the call for casuals

heavy manual based labour constant communications with customers for enquiries hardest part of the job: exhausting product movement and shelf movement/fittings enjoyable part: active team environment

Pros

KMs between stores are paid

Cons

Long hours depending on task and co-workers

Flexible and fun

Extremely flexible work place where you are responsible for your own work and when it gets done. Really relies on you being time efficient and organised to be able to plan out and complete your tasks for the week.

horrible treatment

your training is rushed at best by other co workers no official training, no penalty rates when work has to be done on a weekend, little communication

Fun work experience

Brand Influence Group was a great and flexible work experience. It was flexible because of uni I had time to do my assignments and had time to do the jobs I was given. Work was allowed to be done at my own time as long as it was done by the due date. I had a great team leader who was always kind and worked side by side with. She was friendly and whenever you needed help she will help you. Working in different environments everyday was a bit hard but after a while you get used to it.

Pros

flexible

Cons

small jobs could only take 10 mins. It was sufficient hours

Flexible and managable

Working with the company has helped me to learn time management effectively. It also taught me to pay attention to detail and to maintain tasks that need to be addressed.

Pros

Gift vouchers

7 June 2022
Hello,Thank you for leaving us an great review. We're thrilled you loved your experience and we'll be sure to pass along your kind words. Thank you,The BIG Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG Brand Influence Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG Brand Influence Group with

Learn about BIG Brand Influence Group in popular locations

• BIG Brand Influence Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?