BIG W
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

BIG W Employee Reviews

Australia843 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

lots of hours and great team.

Very friendly team, very welcoming and helpful, mangers seemed very judgemental they were still nice, but always felt if they were judging me a lot!..

Pros

Cons

bad communication

Easy going workplace

Great place to work with really good co workers. The job is enjoyable majority of the time. Sometimes you may deal with a few situation from customers that may put you off, besides that staff and management a really supportive.

Unorganised and a clique environment

My first shift, nobody knew what I was doing. There was a lack of organization and poor management. The environment also felt very toxic and cliquey, it felt as though others would talk behind your back. Some people were really nice and helpful, however I felt like I turned up to my shift and was just chucked with whoever without any proper training

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management and organization

Stressful, under staffed

To many work changes for the worst.Head office make some very poor decisions. No uniform policy. Customers are confused if you work there. Under staffed.

Pros

Friendly staff to work with.

Cons

Under paid. Customers getting more demanding and entitled.

Good workplace very organised and good pay

I loved it everyone was so cute I love you too dad I love it you guys have to get it cut up here and I’ll get you some more fun and then we’ll go back

Pros

I love dad free food good pay abs great customers

Cons

Long dads poor pay bad customers and grease

Boring and poor management

Poor management you don’t get hardly any training just a 10 minute run though there is never any support and your expected to be available 24/7 otherwise you don’t get shifts

Fun workplace - lovely crew

Overall I loved working for Bigw, it was fun I enjoyed helping customers. Team member were really lovely, although I would have liked being trained in all areas of the business. Their wasn’t much fairness when it came to training and hours. Some people were trained more then others and some hadn’t way more hours.

Pros

Great crew, work life’s balance

Cons

short hours no training

Great team and flexable, lots of fun and always super busy. Challenging and rewarding. Pay is fair and there is room to build your skill set in the future

Great place for casual work as a student

I do fill at big w, the work is relax and casual. Management is good and are friendly towards staff, hours are flexible to your schedule if you are a casual.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Heavy Lifting

Horrible and very disrespectful.

Teased, discrimination, are the 2 big factors of big w. It's like being at school again and its not a very welcoming place to work. Management a joke.

Pros

Is none

Cons

Disrespectful

Secure job in these insecure times

Fast paced work, never a dull moment. One of the few jobs that was not impacted employment wise by Cov-id 19. Must enjoy working with the public, both good and bad customer. Must have a thick skin to insults.

Can be fun but management was very bad

Can be a fun place to work but managers didn't really care much about your outside life or commitments. Sometimes you'll be overworked, some days you'll get no shifts. Very inconsistent but some employees were good.

Good opportunity if you’re keen to work

As a +60 year old I was made redundant from a 30 year career. Getting the job at Big W was my saving grace. As a casual the pay isn’t great, BUT it helps me mentally - I can’t retire this early anyway! I would like to thank them for giving older workers a go 🙏🏻

People are a commodity

Not a great place to work, management fight each other for resources (workers) and don't work together as a team. They all have their own agenda and look to tear each other down at any opportunity.

Pros

Employee discount for the Woolworths Group

Cons

Inconsistent hours, poorly managed stores.

Not enough shifts

Decent and easy work (picking online orders for customers) but rarely getting any shifts at all, only a few hours a week. People are overall quite chill to work with.

Pros

relaxed

Cons

no shifts

Pretty easy retail job

Worked as a Christmas Casual for a few months, not the best in terms or training if you’re new to retail. Coworkers are really lovely and helpful when asking questions.

Productive fun workpalce to be with.

Fairly easy work, fellow colleagues were friendly. A very down-to-earth workplace where everyone is welcome. Staff discount and promotions were fair. Breaks were fair. Pay was ok

fine

this job was fine, have not got any shifts since the 9th apply for part time not casual work. this will mean u actually get shifts from work and be able to live with only this job

great place too work.

Great inclusive place too work. Everyone is nice because that is company's directive, and that's a good thing, too be accepted as you are gives people the space just to be themselves.

Pros

5% Discount

Cons

Irregular hours per week as a casual.

Decent for part time job while studying

it was alright, people were nice but kinda boring at times when it was quieter, can usually get shifts you want but there isn't really much room for progression

Fun fast-paced first job in retail

Good job to gain experience and learn about retail operations. Not much opportunity for progression or much management support, though. Fine job if you are patient, good with people, and wanting to work around studies.

Pros

Flexible hours, time goes fast

Cons

Customers, lack of support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BIG W