BIG W Employee Reviews

Productive, great training
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Capalaba QLD14 June 2018
Big W is an amazing start to life in retail, the management are supportive and are very good in keeping all staff on track to their sales goals. A very supportive and protective workplace.
I love working here
Casual Fill Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston TAS11 June 2018
I love working here and working with all my co workers they are all friendly and i just get along with each and every one of them i hope other workplaces are like this
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Late nights
best place ever
technology sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW7 June 2018
best place i have worked yet with a fun and flexible workplace. fun to work with the customers and solve their problems with technology problems and help to find items in the store
Pros
best place ever
Cons
not enough shifts sometimes
Great Workplace
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD27 May 2018
They are a great workplace. I only lost my job due to bosses changing my contract, from Part - Time to Temporary Contract. And also another worker claiming I was misusing my discount card, but I had never received one.
Pros
Great, Friendly environment
Cons
Lie's
Meh
Nightfill Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 May 2018
It's okay but managers are always cranky. You would go in and they would immediately tell you to do something bla bla but whatever I guess it's decent.
Pros
Long breaks
Simple and straightforward
Photograpic Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston TAS18 May 2018
Average department style situation, friendly work colleges and generally good customers, learned about retail and customer service there, average workplace culture. hardest part can be if its quite it can become monotonous
Pros
modest discout
Cons
repatative
fun and safe workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Kingaroy QLD16 May 2018
Working at Big W has been an enjoyable experience, wherein i was able to work to the best of my ability in a safe environment. The management and team were flexible and able to work with my personal life.
No focus whatsoever on employees
Specialist Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 May 2018
Being a big corporation obviously it is expected that they aren't always... able to recognize or reward their employees but Big W's complete lack of recognition of their employee's hard work really takes the cake!
The employees are fun to work with
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Taree NSW6 May 2018
The other workers are fun, they make for a good day, there is definitely a sense of friendship among the employees. They do seem very supportive of family situations and time off when required.
Enjoyed the good vibes of other employees
Night Fill Associate (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill VIC4 May 2018
Friendly environment with everyone ready to help, night shift worked in well with my schedule and so did the location.
work was not so difficult and overall a smooth experience of the place.
As a past employee and customer both are winners with Big W.
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW3 May 2018
Working at Big W in years ago was a privilege. A fun and safe working environment. Friendly and helpful staff who look after each other. Working conditions are excellent which balanced with my family commitments. Employee benefits is a great help with family shopping. Great learning environment for those who want to succeed.
Pros
Huge sales.
Cons
None that I can think of.
No work life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA29 April 2018
Treated like a number, no work life balance, they dont place managers close to home or think of their family life they make decisions for the best interest of themselves only. Long hours, negative work enviroment, minimal staff managers do alot themselves. Wouldnt recommend working here.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No work life balance long hours
Good Job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Karrinyup and Joondalup29 April 2018
Big W is no different to any other big company. It has pros and cons with some of the management decisions leaving you scratching your head. All in all it is a good company to work for and the benefits were quite good.
Pros
Staff discount and share purchase plan available to staff.
Cons
Communication between management and staff can be poor.
Fun working environment
Fitting Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Casuarina NT25 April 2018
Amazing management team, always supportive and helpful. Plenty of opportunities for career advancement. Fun working environment with flexible hours. Excellent staff members.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Australia25 April 2018
I learn a lot to do with the different departments in the store. Hardest part of the job is dealing with shop lifters or angry customers, but can easily be resolved by remaining clam and talking to your line manager afterwards.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2018
Did my 2-week work experience there, they were friendly. And supportive, they thought me a lot of new things about retail.
Friendly staff that worked there when I did my work experience.
Excellent workplace
Principal cash office clerk (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC22 April 2018
Worked at Big W for nearly 14 years and only left the company to relocate from the area. Formerly Ballarat
Oh how I miss it!!
Excellent workplace, excellent company with great opportunities for those wishing to advance their retail careers
Desperate to get back to Big W in my new area
Retail
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tuggerah NSW22 April 2018
good first job, for school attendees and university students. however the overall job is trash, retail is going downhill. shopping and shop assistant is all going digital. companies don't want to pay real people when machines save them money and time.
A good place to work but be prepared to work extra
Business Manager Apparel Department (Former Employee) –  South Australia12 April 2018
Big box retail can be a mixed bag of good and bad, it all depends on the team in store and the management. I found that the pay was above average but the work/life balance was sacrificed for this. Especially around big events the work day could stretch out to 12- 15 hours, but this may just have been me as I wanted my department to be as well presented as it could be.
A nice relaxed environment with a variety of tasks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gladstone QLD10 April 2018
During my time at Big W I Was a Cashier but i could find myself doing a variety of tasks like stacking shelves or helping with delivery items and lay-by it is a nice place to work with opportunities for promotion.
Pros
Discounts in all Woolworth's stores