BIG W Employee Reviews

great people i work with
Service supervisor (Former Employee) –  ACT14 August 2018
its been six and a half years since i have been there. but it was a great place to work for. management was great. got on well with everone. there are varity of department you can you in
Pros
great people i worked with
Cons
long days
Recovery/Night fill (Former Employee) –  Grafton NSW6 August 2018
learned how to do recovery and night fill, learned how to stock, hardest part was having to do recovery over and over, most enjoyable part, interacting with customers.
Productive Workplace, but not a friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Armidale NSW30 July 2018
A typical day at work would include, managers walking around store making sure you are doing your job but also managers just talking to people not really working. I learned how to approach customers, make the store look presentable.
Pros
Flexible, Good first job as casual
Cons
Not friendly environment
Good place to work if youre going to school or studying.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hervey bay27 July 2018
A genuine waste of time. I asked management several times if I could have a pay rise or have my contracted hours increased (I was contracted to do 9 hours a week & would get around $150), it was A good place 5o work whilst I was at school & studying, but once I finished school & needed more money to pay bills, the bosses just laughed at me every time I asked for either a pay rise or extra shifts.
Pros
Its a good place to work if you're at school
Cons
They dont increase your hours or pay once you finish school.
fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC25 July 2018
was great working here but could improve the way they teach work experience students as the supervisors didn't provide enough supervision which lead to difficulties.
Pros
great attitudes (team)
Cons
need better supervisors to supervise new workers
fun workplace, good team, ill miss them
SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Eastern Suburbs VIC16 July 2018
Good hours, good team, good work. I learned a lot here and will miss it. I grew over my 5 years here and will never forget the people I met and skills I learned
Friendly team
Team Leader - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 July 2018
A great place to kick off a career in retail. A typical day at work would involve stock processing, merchandising and ticketing. If you put in the hard yards, rewards will come your way with advancement. Hour rate of pay is low, on the plus side they'll teach you everything you'll need to know to get the job done right. I was lucky enough to have a great store manager whose presence in the store was strong as he lead by example and provided straight forward direction.
Pros
Regular work, colleagues, opportunities
Cons
rate of pay, part time work, night work.
Loved this job
Checkout Associate (Former Employee) –  Armidale NSW15 July 2018
Working at big w was wonderful gave me so much experience and I met some wonderful people there. I would take this job back in a heartbeat I enjoyed it so much,
Pros
Awesome Staff
flexible conditions and good team atmosphere
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC11 July 2018
i can only speak for the store i worked at for 14 years, but the culture at our store was great, especially on the weekend's when i worked. i worked mostly front end (registers) but also on the floor and in the fitting rooms - so i was the voice on the phone and the PA. there were always extra shifts available when i needed extra income, but on the otehr hand, if i was unavailble for a rostered shift, that wasn't a drama either. as long as you prove yourself loyal and available when needed, there is a very strong culture of give and take
Work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mulgrave VIC10 July 2018
great environment great people and fun job. Nothing was too hard and always had help from staff and fellow work colleagues to reflect a safe working environment.
Pros
great discounts with 5% off
Cons
nothing really to report
great place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrawong NSW5 July 2018
great company to work for
supportive to staff and customers
great prices
clean and tidy
good team players
staff is looked after and also customers
all round great place
The most enjoyable part of the job
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC4 July 2018
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting all the staff members of the company. Most of them were very nice and welcoming people. They gave us jobs that seemed very easy to achieve, nothing was too extreme to complete.
Pros
Lunch breaks are given well
Cons
Their management is not so great
not good place to work aty
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW3 July 2018
No job security, they dont look after you
they cut too many hours
no advancement opportunity
managers did not provide friendly environment
customers were always complaining
Pros
close to homr
Cons
no job security
Work doesn't feel like work!
Fill Associate & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rouse Hill NSW29 June 2018
Working at Big W has been the best experience out of all the place I have worked.

They genuinely care about your health and wellbeing. Very flexible with your hours so you can work around your personal life. Everyone is so helpful and positive. There is never a day where I hated going to work.

You get opportunities thrown at you, whether it is working at different departments or recieving plenty of shifts per week.

Management is AMAZING. I loved my store manager. He genuinely cared about the store, guided us with the things we needed help on. Always physically helped around with the store, even if it was for filling stock or dealing with customer complaints, he was always a helping hand.

Big W is a lifelong job and you can definitely make a career out of it. It's not just a job, its a career!
Pros
Decent breaks, great hours and shifts, genuine colleagues, pay rates
Cons
Nothing!
Well Paid, long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW27 June 2018
Big W has an instilled culture that is very directive. If you like being given tasks all day and work long days Big W would be a great choice.

If you are looking to lead and motivate your team to achieve great things this isn't the brand for you.
Pros
Pay
staff memebers and customers
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion SA26 June 2018
Get to work with different staff members each day. Also getting meet new people when the customers come through your register. The management are easily approachable and be able to help with your concerns
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
15 minute breaks arent long enough
Easy work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA22 June 2018
Nice place to work, however took a while to feel part of the team. The management did lack communication and continuity so would have to constantly chase work/shifts.
Productive, great training
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Capalaba QLD14 June 2018
Big W is an amazing start to life in retail, the management are supportive and are very good in keeping all staff on track to their sales goals. A very supportive and protective workplace.
I love working here
Casual Fill Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston TAS11 June 2018
I love working here and working with all my co workers they are all friendly and i just get along with each and every one of them i hope other workplaces are like this
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Late nights
best place ever
technology sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Erina Fair NSW7 June 2018
best place i have worked yet with a fun and flexible workplace. fun to work with the customers and solve their problems with technology problems and help to find items in the store
Pros
best place ever
Cons
not enough shifts sometimes