BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

Brought in mandate for covid vaccine

After bringing in the covid vax mandate woolworths terminated 1000s of their employees, some had worked for 10+ years. I am disgusted by this especially after being employed for 11 years almost it just felt like a great big kick in the guts. And I am not the only person who has had to face this. The company does not care about you, do not waste your time going for a job with them.

Pros

Cons

They lie about everything.

Same role

Unorganised and a clique environment

My first shift, nobody knew what I was doing. There was a lack of organization and poor management. The environment also felt very toxic and cliquey, it felt as though others would talk behind your back. Some people were really nice and helpful, however I felt like I turned up to my shift and was just chucked with whoever without any proper training

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management and organization
Same role

Fun fast-paced first job in retail

Good job to gain experience and learn about retail operations. Not much opportunity for progression or much management support, though. Fine job if you are patient, good with people, and wanting to work around studies.

Pros

Flexible hours, time goes fast

Cons

Customers, lack of support
Same location

Good and bad depends on how you look at it.

If you do your job and dont get caught up in the gossip you will be fine. Also has great opportunities for those who like to kiss butt and work their way up the ladder.

Pros

5% staff discount everyday with occasional 10% discount weekends throughout year

Cons

Can be clicky

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Brought in mandate for covid vaccine