BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

Fast paced environment with very little staff

Learnt a lot over the years however it is beginning to wear thin, with a typical day being very busy yet very little staff on duty. More and more jobs required from each individual yet no training is given. Its a learn on the spot kind of job which is not an issue if your a fast learner.

Same role

Brought in mandate for covid vaccine

After bringing in the covid vax mandate woolworths terminated 1000s of their employees, some had worked for 10+ years. I am disgusted by this especially after being employed for 11 years almost it just felt like a great big kick in the guts. And I am not the only person who has had to face this. The company does not care about you, do not waste your time going for a job with them.

Pros

Cons

They lie about everything.
Same roleSame location

Unorganised and a clique environment

My first shift, nobody knew what I was doing. There was a lack of organization and poor management. The environment also felt very toxic and cliquey, it felt as though others would talk behind your back. Some people were really nice and helpful, however I felt like I turned up to my shift and was just chucked with whoever without any proper training

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management and organization
Same roleSame location

It was fun

I had a fun time at Big W, getting to know my co-workers, getting to know the place. I've learn how everything work in workplace, like how the Compactor works, how to use Rails and Rolling Cages and how a Gun Scanner works.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Fast paced environment with very little staff