BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

I wouldn't recommend it

I've been with the company for 2 and a half years now. Unfortunately almost a year ago, my previous store shut down and since then my job has completely changed. It went from a fun, drama free, healthy working environment to an unreliable, unhealthy, toxic workplace where you are unfortunately treated differently if you don't suck up to the managers. There is no communication, you will be pushed when you're already down. There is no getting ahead.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Unreliable hours, management, toxic work environment

Same role

Brought in mandate for covid vaccine

After bringing in the covid vax mandate woolworths terminated 1000s of their employees, some had worked for 10+ years. I am disgusted by this especially after being employed for 11 years almost it just felt like a great big kick in the guts. And I am not the only person who has had to face this. The company does not care about you, do not waste your time going for a job with them.

Pros

Cons

They lie about everything.
Same role

Unorganised and a clique environment

My first shift, nobody knew what I was doing. There was a lack of organization and poor management. The environment also felt very toxic and cliquey, it felt as though others would talk behind your back. Some people were really nice and helpful, however I felt like I turned up to my shift and was just chucked with whoever without any proper training

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management and organization
Same roleSame location

Great job

Can be very stressful expected to do a 4 person job, they expect you to be able to give up having a life and working there 5/6 days week for 3/4hr a days, plus side was the team i worked with where fantastic, Had great leaders and Manager. THE biggest down fall for me at BigW was i could only get 16hr a week unfortunately I can't live off that.

Pros

Great team Great Manager Great leaders

Cons

Not enough hours Minimum wage Working a 4 person job Won't more hrs you need work more days, thats hard when your there already on day 6 a week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with