BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

Just bad.

Your co-workers, supervisors and team leaders will generally be very helpful, happy and encouraging and giving you clear direction on what's expected from you.Management is absolutely awful. There are so many negative things I could say about this business.It's good for a first job, but beyond that look elsewhere.

Pros

Free food sometimes, other team members are really friendly and understanding

Cons

Management is terrible, rarely any hours, the customers you have to deal with

Same role

Toxic

A lot of bullying in-store and no actions taken for it. A lot of the more older team members that have also been there the longest seem to enjoy talking down to the younger team members and telling them what they can and can’t do just based off what they don’t like and not the store rules. I’ve been bullied for my appearance and my work. It’s a very gossip environment but not in a good way. When you first start, they throw you right into the deep end and expect you to know how to do absolutely everything even though you clearly weren’t shown or told how to do it and then they get annoyed at you for not knowing.
Same role

Great friendships and decent work

I had a great time working at big w, the managers can be horrible and customers too but good supervisors make all the difference. Overall it’s a decent place to work.
Same roleSame location

Great experience, but maybe work-life balance might be a struggle

Really supportive co-workers and management. However, need to give availability very early as they roster few weeks prior. This might affect a person's work-life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Just bad.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?