BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

Productive and relaxed work environment with a large break area

A days work at big w is mostly customer assistance whilst trying to focus on your own tasks, that would be the most difficult part of the job, both satisfying every customer and completing your own tasks, management are always nice and willing to help along with your co-workers. The most enjoyable part of working at Big W would be the environment, having so many nice people and different products around you, learning about how everything works and what’s behind the scenes.

Same role

Toxic

A lot of bullying in-store and no actions taken for it. A lot of the more older team members that have also been there the longest seem to enjoy talking down to the younger team members and telling them what they can and can’t do just based off what they don’t like and not the store rules. I’ve been bullied for my appearance and my work. It’s a very gossip environment but not in a good way. When you first start, they throw you right into the deep end and expect you to know how to do absolutely everything even though you clearly weren’t shown or told how to do it and then they get annoyed at you for not knowing.
Same role

Great friendships and decent work

I had a great time working at big w, the managers can be horrible and customers too but good supervisors make all the difference. Overall it’s a decent place to work.
Same location

A good job for casual student at school

Helping customers gave me the most job satisfaction. I enjoyed working as part of a team and took pride in completion of tasks to a high level.

Pros

good hours - flexible

Cons

nil

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Productive and relaxed work environment with a large break area