BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

Unorganised and a clique environment

My first shift, nobody knew what I was doing. There was a lack of organization and poor management. The environment also felt very toxic and cliquey, it felt as though others would talk behind your back. Some people were really nice and helpful, however I felt like I turned up to my shift and was just chucked with whoever without any proper training

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor management and organization

Same role

Brought in mandate for covid vaccine

After bringing in the covid vax mandate woolworths terminated 1000s of their employees, some had worked for 10+ years. I am disgusted by this especially after being employed for 11 years almost it just felt like a great big kick in the guts. And I am not the only person who has had to face this. The company does not care about you, do not waste your time going for a job with them.

Pros

Cons

They lie about everything.
Same role

Fun fast-paced first job in retail

Good job to gain experience and learn about retail operations. Not much opportunity for progression or much management support, though. Fine job if you are patient, good with people, and wanting to work around studies.

Pros

Flexible hours, time goes fast

Cons

Customers, lack of support
Same roleSame location

Fast paced environment with very little staff

Learnt a lot over the years however it is beginning to wear thin, with a typical day being very busy yet very little staff on duty. More and more jobs required from each individual yet no training is given. Its a learn on the spot kind of job which is not an issue if your a fast learner.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BIG W
  • Unorganised and a clique environment
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?