BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Brisbane QLD27 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Nice to meet new people.

Getting a 3hrs shift for one day work wasn’t enough and wasn’t enough money either to travel,pay bills and buy food.I would maybe like to work again for big w on the cash registers as i did have 16yrs with them.

Great job

Can be very stressful expected to do a 4 person job, they expect you to be able to give up having a life and working there 5/6 days week for 3/4hr a days, plus side was the team i worked with where fantastic, Had great leaders and Manager. THE biggest down fall for me at BigW was i could only get 16hr a week unfortunately I can't live off that.

Pros

Great team Great Manager Great leaders

Cons

Not enough hours Minimum wage Working a 4 person job Won't more hrs you need work more days, thats hard when your there already on day 6 a week

I wouldn't recommend it

I've been with the company for 2 and a half years now. Unfortunately almost a year ago, my previous store shut down and since then my job has completely changed. It went from a fun, drama free, healthy working environment to an unreliable, unhealthy, toxic workplace where you are unfortunately treated differently if you don't suck up to the managers. There is no communication, you will be pushed when you're already down. There is no getting ahead.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Unreliable hours, management, toxic work environment

great staff

I love working for Big W just wish they would be more able to advance in my job,I work with great people just not enough staff sometimes in busy times.

Very standard job for someone who just wants to work

Can just clock in clock out, very standard not much in the way of career progression which is something that a person needs. They no longer care about staff only care about $$$

Easy job

Super easy to learn Hours can be hard to get Easy access to further training Uniforms are a lot more comfortable now Management can communicate Can easily become difficult with understaffing

Pros

Team morale

Cons

Hours can be hard to get

The company is very knowledgeable and fashionable

As I used to work at big w it was great experience for me to indulge with customer and provide good service. Big w offered me lots of fun with staff and hours to work for myself.

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Short shifts

nice and comfortable workplace

everything is organised manager was a nice man nice and comfortable workplace the hardest part was to remember where the every single product locate

a sinking ship

They refuse to give contracts or enough hours to live off of. I learned some skills in customer service but getting more training is like pulling teeth as they never give me the time. The general atmosphere and employee moral is low. Had some of the worst managers.

Supportive workplace with friendly and caring staff/management

I have learned many new skills and abilities at this workplace while working alongside very friendly and supportive staff. Managers are always present and available if help is needed. My experience at Big W Brookside has been very positive and it makes for an excellent first-time job or career.

Cons

Shortage of staff

Treated like a number

If you ever want to be treated like a person; do not work for this company. If you specialise in an area that need a specific skill or qualification; don’t work here. If you want management to blame you for things you never did; don’t work here. If you’re after okay money with no chance of career progression; work here. Got a problem? THEY. DON’T. CARE.

Pros

Money

Cons

Management, support, store maintenance.

Average

Good job for a first timer. Gain good customer service experience and also have good management. However some staff are not very friendly to work with espeically management wise.

Great company, not bad to work for

As a previous employee I moved around the workplace quite a bit doing various jobs. Its hard work, doesn't always pay off. I learnt a lot. Worth it.

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Can be long days at times and not always friendly staff

Please do not put yourself through the pain of working here

I worked here whilst in highschool was there just over 2 years, and in that time the managers that i would work with every shift couldn't remember my name. failed to give me a name badge with my name spelt correctly. very unorganized company managers arent there to help you out or teach you anything its basically pick it up as you go.

Pros

nothing

Cons

awful company

Fun and challenging workplace, great company to be working in.

Working in Big W can be challenging, but rewarding. Learned a lot of skills regarding customers from all aspects of life (whether socially, economically or racially) Mostly work in the front cash register, but the management tend to put us in other areas, which is awesome cause we get to learn new things about the store in general. Hardest part of work is trying to deal with angry customers. Some can get physical but mostly verbal. After awhile we get used to it and learn how to deal with the problem better in the future. Enjoyable part of work are my colleagues. We've become close knitted and they make coming to work more fun and enjoyable.

Pros

Working with my friends

Cons

Feet can get sore from standing too long.

the job is good but a dead end

the work is consistent and busy, quite rewarding if you enjoy customer service. There is practically no room for advancement, however, and if you don't suck up to the management they WILL get abusive. The hardest part of the job was the management. If you can deal with them you're golden. the other associates are good people who'll do their best to make you feel welcome.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

the management

Great plce

It is a Great Place to work get your skills up and move into the working world from Working with customers tend to be easy once you great them and find out what they are looking fore

Pros

helping customers

Cons

angry customer

One of the best companies to work for!

Man, working at Big W is absolutely amazing! I thought that there would be at least one person that I didn't like, but I was wrong! Every employee was super nice and friendly, and I have absolutely great managers. The actual working is also fun! The hardest part of the job is actually opening the bags that the cashiers use. Whether it is your fist job or your 10th, working at Big W is highly recommended.

Pros

Friendly staff, great work space, nice atmosphere

Cons

Sore feet!

management sucks, fellow low level employees are great though

the work itself isn't challenging. unfortunately the customers were for the most part were better to deal with than the management.

Pros

5% employee discount

Cons

the bosses are inconsistent

Fun work environment

The work environment for Big W has always been a friendly and welcoming one since I first started there. I have enjoyed every day at the store and wish I could continue working there. But I need to move on to other things and experience more of the work life has to offer.

Pros

Good Management, Fun Work Environment

Cons

Not enough work

Productive, Sometimes easy-going, sometimes challenging!

A typical day at work would be getting delegated a certain area in the store to recover. You would then collect a trolley, go to the front desk where you would pick up your customer returns from that area and then head to your area. You go through aisle by aisle and straighten, pick up and clean items, making sure every item is looking neat and proper and in their correct spot. While recovering you are also dealing with customers coming into the store and serving their needs aswell. You are also required to answer customer calls for your area. I learned more customer service skills & how to take customer phone calls! My co-workers were mostly nice and friendly. The hardest part of my job was trying to complete my area aswell as tending to customers as they come first. The most enjoyable part of my job was completing my area successfully and then helping someone else with their area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with