BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Casuarina NT

Casuarina NT9 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Good working environment.

I love my work, people are friendly and helpful and I learned to understand that working in a team needs respect and it is unlawful for a person to discriminate another person because of age, race, gender, religious affiliation, and disability. My present workplace has a clear, well-defined and well-framed Occupational Health & Safety policy pursuant to Work Health and Safety Act 2012 (SA). Every worker is responsible for the safety and welfare of themselves and others. All work is completed in accordance with the requirements of the established workplace health and safety standards such as manual handling, machine guarding, correct workstation setup, identification of hazards and risks and the reporting of all untoward incidents.

Mangers easy to get along with and understanding

Working as a team, Christmas party, the kids slaes are all the products you see first and the goodies you can buy for your children, nieces and nephews, gifts for other family members

Pros

Saving money

Cons

Spending the money

Fun working environment

Amazing management team, always supportive and helpful. Plenty of opportunities for career advancement. Fun working environment with flexible hours. Excellent staff members.

great environment to work in

was a great place to work unfortunately ill health became a problem for me and i left however i was given added responibilities and enjoyed my time there would love to work there again

Pros

great team

Positive environment with good people

Working at Big W was a good experience, it kept me on my feet and I worked with some great individuals. Would definitely seek another job there however perhaps in a different role.

Pros

It was never boring, always tasks to be completed

Cons

Not enough hours in my job description

Overall nice place to work for, though it has some really bad systems

A decent place to work for, rewards good knowledge of products, charisma and customer service well Decent pay Most of the people are friendly, nice and welcoming, except for a few people and supervisors Very bad process to follow when customers purchase mobile phones and Apple products, hope to god you don't get held up with customers if no supervisor would be there to assist you at the time because if there aren't you're going to have to wait for them to authorize customer purchases.

Pros

Employee benefits, discounts, shopping centre location

Cons

More workload and pressure if your partner calls in sick, some supervisors aren't good, several flawed processes

Job Environment

I had good time at work. I never had any issues. I believe to take care of my co-workers and give respect all the time. My management was very caring and responsible.

great work place

hard work, as you can imagine retail can be, especially around Christmas.however big w had wonderful and helpful co-worker and very good management team.

Pros

breaks

Cons

not enough hours

I love my work

I have to make sure the front end is in manning. I enjoyed working at Big W as a rap attendant and as well as a supervisor during weekends. But I enjoyed the most is being in cash office to do second count for cash collection and doing end of the day count. The only thing that I didn't like where I work now is the management because they never give you any support, no communication on whats happening in the workplace. Big W has given me a great challenge of my career and I thank them for that.

Pros

in my current job we don't have free lunches, we buy or bring our own lunches.

Cons

i am doing 38 hours a week at my current job and i am also doing supervising during weekends

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BIG W?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with