BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Hervey Bay QLD

Hervey Bay QLD4 reviews

3.4Pay & Benefits

Christmas Staff

Worked there for only a few weeks during Christmas rush. Was good experience to have under my belt, especially being so young. Unfortunately due to new years and over staffed, they couldn't keep me on.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Couldn't keep me

Poor management and work quality

The work expected from management is about what you get paid for. Their pay system is horrendous and they tend to reward lazy staff over hard working staff. They say they are a family oriented company however I am yet to see how they help when families require support

Good place to work if youre going to school or studying.

A genuine waste of time. I asked management several times if I could have a pay rise or have my contracted hours increased (I was contracted to do 9 hours a week & would get around $150), it was A good place 5o work whilst I was at school & studying, but once I finished school & needed more money to pay bills, the bosses just laughed at me every time I asked for either a pay rise or extra shifts.

Pros

Its a good place to work if you're at school

Cons

They dont increase your hours or pay once you finish school.

Retail

While working in retail was not my favourite job, it taught me alot about customer interaction on a big scale. The most enjoyable part of working is forming friendships with customers that, I, still to this day cherish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

Learn about BIG W in Hervey Bay QLD

• BIG W
  • Hervey Bay QLD
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?