BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Mackay QLD

Mackay QLD10 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Okay place to work.

Colleagues were friendly and helped if i had any problems. Management was a little unorganised. As a checkout operator it could get a little boring sometimes.

Working within BigW is interesting, wide variety of positions within the store

Working in Big W can be interesting. There are plenty of positions available within the store to make working there an integral part of learning more.

Pros

Good staff interaction

Cons

Working weekends and sometimes long shifts

Fun Workplace

A Brilliant workplace with supportive and friendly staff who are very inviting to new comers like i was, There were alott of things i enjoyed about working there but the thing i enjoyed the most was being able to meet new people every single shift and seeing the regulars.

Honeslty great staff and many great customers. Team work was amazing and so were the pay rates

Working for big w was a great experience to be apart of. The management is great, the staff are very friendly, pay rates were good and so was the communication between the store

first job

I was a recovery associate. I had a good team leader. had school age girls that didn't want to work but only wanted the money and wanted to talk or be on phones. I was a hard worker.

Decent place to work

Nightfill at bigw Mackay have a fantastic energy and comradery feel about them, most of the staff welcome you upon arrival Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers and having them leave with a smile hardest part is having to work long hours during holidays, especially on X-mas eve leaving at 8-10pm, you don't get much time with your family

Pros

Cake on your birthday, decent wage without cert. etc

Cons

short hours during quiet season, if you are casual basically none

Big W is an awesome place to work!

Awesome work-life balance, awesome hours and an awesome family focused team! They quickly become your family, and before you know it, life long friendships have formed.

Cons

Career advancement.

Okay

It was okay, managers didn't exactly know what they were doing in a sense. Co-workers had many issues with eachother and wasn't a great team environment

Somewhat productive workplace with extremely friendly staff

I have learnt how to maintain a clean and safe working environment, Quality customer service skills and various other stock management related skills. In my opinion the hardest part about the position I was in would be because I was younger then the rest of the team I found it hard trying to get the message across for what needed to be done. The most enjoyable part about my previous position was knowing that each night I was able to get in and work hard but also able to have fun at the same time with fellow co-workers.

Pros

Friendly staff, Great hours, Appropriate pay rate

Cons

Lack of recognition

The people you work with are great people

It was not all bad. I learned a lot in management, staffing, budgets, sales targets orders etc.In the end I was working an average of 74hrs a week and did not have a 2ic as was mandatory. I persisted and persisted and did not want to leave really but in the end when I was getting phone calls in regards to how to fix a computer when I had only been home for 2 hours or so and the admin manager would not answer their phone even though it was under their structure, and was then getting told that I had to take care of myself, yet would get called in on days off due to not enough staff and no support I decided it was time to move on. It was not all bad but if your not going to be listened to and not get the support when needed I decided that it was better for me to move on and be happy again.

Pros

learning and people

Cons

extremely long hours, no support.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BIG W?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with