BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC37 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great experience, but maybe work-life balance might be a struggle

Really supportive co-workers and management. However, need to give availability very early as they roster few weeks prior. This might affect a person's work-life balance.

Can be fun but management was very bad

Can be a fun place to work but managers didn't really care much about your outside life or commitments. Sometimes you'll be overworked, some days you'll get no shifts. Very inconsistent but some employees were good.

People are a commodity

Not a great place to work, management fight each other for resources (workers) and don't work together as a team. They all have their own agenda and look to tear each other down at any opportunity.

Pros

Employee discount for the Woolworths Group

Cons

Inconsistent hours, poorly managed stores.

Decent first job

The people there are pretty nice. It's a little challenging to figure your way around but if you ask for help there will be people who are willing to help.

Just bad.

Your co-workers, supervisors and team leaders will generally be very helpful, happy and encouraging and giving you clear direction on what's expected from you.Management is absolutely awful. There are so many negative things I could say about this business.It's good for a first job, but beyond that look elsewhere.

Pros

Free food sometimes, other team members are really friendly and understanding

Cons

Management is terrible, rarely any hours, the customers you have to deal with

productive and fun workplace

productive and fun workplace even though it was really tiring. management was really good, friendly staff and good breaks. it was mostly fun for me because my friend and i both worked together at the same branch and our teamwork allowed us to get more work done.

Safe and Hardworking Workplace

Staff was really friendly, patient and supportive of my learning experience during my time at Big W. I felt really comfortable while working there and really enjoyed the hardworking environment.

productive and challenging workplace

Like any other workplace, you obviously have to turn up to work on time unless you like lectures from your manager. although my personal experience was not so great, i have learnt that i was at fault for the challenging things that occurred during that time and i have also learnt that they truly just wanted the best for us.

Good experience

As it is big organisation I have gained good experience,customer faced,organised... we get learn how to work in big organisation we can improve our communication skills.

Why

Why would you want to work here when the management treat you like a number and don't really care about employee safety. Lazy staff members who expect someone else to do the work stressing others out who have already a lot on their plate.

Pros

getting paid

Cons

everything bar getting paid

Fun workplace and environment

Part-time job during my high school years, Big W placed great emphasis on quality customer service and punctuality. They offered flexible hours around my studies

Pros

Fleibility

Cons

Job security

Great workplace and staff

Only completed work experience there but had a great experience and learnt a lot, also all of the staff were super friendly and were always there to help

Friendly team

A great place to kick off a career in retail. A typical day at work would involve stock processing, merchandising and ticketing. If you put in the hard yards, rewards will come your way with advancement. Hour rate of pay is low, on the plus side they'll teach you everything you'll need to know to get the job done right. I was lucky enough to have a great store manager whose presence in the store was strong as he lead by example and provided straight forward direction.

Pros

Regular work, colleagues, opportunities

Cons

rate of pay, part time work, night work.

Meh

It's okay but managers are always cranky. You would go in and they would immediately tell you to do something bla bla but whatever I guess it's decent.

Pros

Long breaks

No focus whatsoever on employees

Being a big corporation obviously it is expected that they aren't always... able to recognize or reward their employees but Big W's complete lack of recognition of their employee's hard work really takes the cake!

Fun workplace

Did my 2-week work experience there, they were friendly. And supportive, they thought me a lot of new things about retail. Friendly staff that worked there when I did my work experience.

Productive and fun and correct in work

I have finish the university for public administration. The job that i like the most is office administrator becouse i like to work in office . I wan a job for better life and to stay incontact with people.

Pros

Free lunches

enviroment

when start work you need to clear up after work that can make the work place safety because the company doesn't wants risk in the areas and can compan

Pros

coin

Cons

federal

Fun workplace

The work environment at Big W was extremely stimulating. Constant exposure to new tasks and objectives as well as the employees they were extremely welcoming.

Pros

employees

Cons

hours

Good environment

A good environment to work in, learned a lot talking to different people each day i worked. The staff at big w was all very friendly and made good friends there.

The staff are really friendly, They support and advice me when i do don't know what to do. It was a great 5 days experience for me.

I learn a lot from Big W, from being a year 10 student to experiencing how hard working life is. On daily base i have spent my time experiencing different sector of Big W, putting stock back to it right sector, cleaning under the shelf's, customer services, watering plants, reviewing how many stock is left and interacting with staff at Big W. It is vary busy at that time because there was new stock coming in and everyone was trying to prepare for the new stock.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about BIG W in Melbourne VIC