BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Rockdale NSW

Rockdale NSW7 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Do not work at big w ever

SAVE your soul ,and dignity and pride.Have a little more self worth and confidence to keep looking for other jobs other than RETAIL , get educated and be persistent.BIG W IS NOT IT.DO A COURSE not in retail ,maybe at TAFE , or UNI. IT IS A DEAD END JOB.

Pros

Cons

Everything about working in retail

No career opportunity

Poor management; no matter how good you are, they only give hours to the person whoever they like it even some of them are relate/friends/family and they are very lazy..

Pros

Salary ok

Cons

Less hours, unfair treatment

Ok

If you are in the clique then you will be fine..if not then too bad for you. Favouritism shown to those who management liked by way of them being given more shifts or training in other departments.

stressful and demanding

Workload is stressful and too demanding for the minimum wage offered. Management is unappreciative of staff members and don't offer positive reinforcement.

Productive work place. Nice work mates. Friendly environment.

Prepare hard work and working time flexibility. Fast pace working environment. Muilty task, including customer service, stock handling, etc. Prepare to work in different departments. Familiar with all products and locations. Be positive with the team work. Always willing to help other team members. Keep the working area neat and tidy.

Great

I had a amazing experience for my first job at Big W. Since day one they have been nothing but nice, helpful and respectful. All my co-workers are hard working and comforting yet enjoyable people with the most amazing personalities and always have a smile on their faces. The management their is organised and the mangers are polite and kind but still keep everything under control. I learn something new everyday and the most enjoyable part of my day would be to see other people such as my customer happy and smiling i love to have a chat and make them feel welcome at the same time learn something new about them and other peoples life style. a normal typical day for me would be at the checkouts or self serve and sometimes when i have completed my job and it is quite i would help out with recovery.I enjoy working.

Pros

15 minutes break

a job that you keeps you going from start to finish

Identify key task to be fixed or set up Prioritise jobs Delegate and co-ordinate teams Rostering staff Receiving ordering stock Events set-up Customer service Checking and auditing security stock holdings Compliance of security proceedures Working stock from reserves Monitor tasks progress Count safe holdings Plan daily load with nightfill leader Check stock out of stocks Working with people that share enjoyment in work Work to a plan to achieve big picture

Pros

staff discount

Cons

travel to and from work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with