BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW26 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great at retail services

There is room for individual growth and learn the culture of fast-paced work culture of the retail sector. Day starts with filling products and ends with recovering products. Managers are helpful and teach what you need to know depending upon the initiatives you take.

Good opportunity if you’re keen to work

As a +60 year old I was made redundant from a 30 year career. Getting the job at Big W was my saving grace. As a casual the pay isn’t great, BUT it helps me mentally - I can’t retire this early anyway! I would like to thank them for giving older workers a go 🙏🏻

Productive & fun place to work at

Starting rate is a very reasonable rate to start with but they keep cutting back hours Sometimes we have to work 4hrs - 7 a day which is not so good and maybe twice a week we work full hours .

Pros

free lunch ones a Month

Cons

Not enough hours in a week

No loyalty

I worked there for 12 months as a casual, Hours cut constantly to give full timers more work. At one point I was working 40hr weeks As a Casual and they refused to put me on contact. I worked late nights, early mornings anything I was asked and still got shafted to 5 hours a week when they didn’t make budget.

No support from HR when needed

Manager rules everything and everyone, if that don't agree with you they make sure your time is impossible there and therefore you will leave Bullying

Best job ever

This is the best job I have ever had, the team the culture the managers just fantastic group of people put together,everyday is different with lots to do,there isnt a dull moment, it can be stressfull at times and fast paced environment but thats just the good challenges I enjoyed

Fun workplace

Was a casual doing nightfill Didn't get as many hours as I would of liked and left to take a position that offered more hours. Apart from that it was a fun work environment and I enjoyed my time there.

Its and great to work with BIG W

Working at BUG W was a great place to work in and a great team of people who don't make you feel like nothing So i liked it there and don't mind working with them anytime

Pros

Not sure

Cons

You have to really like customer service to work here

Assisting customers with their day to day shopping can be both very fulfilling, and also stressful for people who arent build for conflict handling. The teams working at Big-W can be pretty fluid, with a lot of management and staff turnover. The hardest part of this job is definitely trying to compromise with customers when their request are unreaosnable

Excellent

We had a very friendly staff and everyone was just great from the get go. They made sure anytime you worked well, they would compliment your work and make sure you were always in good spirits .

Productive workplace

I learnt about customers, how to satisfy them, as well as working efficiently. The workplace is nice and friendly and the hardest part of the job is always working; there aren't many breaks, however they give good pay.

Pros

Good income

Cons

Always working, not many breaks

Good for Part time work

Sign in for your shift, depending on the length of the shift determines your break length, then sign out before going home. A lot of staff who are not positive or proactive make it tougher for others to pick up the slack and stay motivated. Lots of upper management whom we wouldn't recognise as they never engaged with us. Great for conflict resolution, face to face customer service skills and leadership skills (if you get the opportunity). Also great for learning to self motivate!

Pros

Skills and shift flexibilty

Cons

Lack of decent benefits, negative staff

Retail

So much to learn, so many products and a huge team. Great customer interactions and feedback from local community. Perfect location and Top Ryde City Shopping Centre perks.

Ambiente de trabajo muy bueno.

Personas comprometidas con su trabajo, respeto hacia la otra persona, trabajo en equipo, seriedad, puntualidad, contacto directo con disenyadores, escaparatistas, vendedores y con el producto en general.

I worked on a TV commercial for Big W

I worked on a TV commercial for Big W as a camera attachment. For a film, TV production company, called Jungle Boys. Very good experience. I would certainly if possible work at Big W.

productive, eveyday was a different

i enjoyed working with big w, 5 years was treated with respect and was fun environment. i learn many communication skills and customer services. learnt how to approach all different types of customers. Hardest part of my job was the hours, in some special events might do 12 plus hours a night.

Pros

management a team

good work place

-love to work, -friendly environment, -friendly staff, -flexible, -most enjoyable part is you will get opportunity to meet and talk to different people.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

standing

fun workplace

I love this job love the workplace and everything about it. I've learnt so much since being in this job. the hardest of this job is dealing with rude customers and what I've enjoyed doing in this job is helping customer with their needs

Excellent service

Good place to work. Good team work fun to work staff very helpful organise clean environment excellent service value for money

Productive and hard working employees

Being a apart of the recovery team, my hours are usually short and quick, which I really enjoy. My typical day at work consists of recovering a certain part of the store, helping customers when they are in need of assistance, and answering calls from customers enquiring something about my section that I am recovering. Working at Big w has definitely allowed me to understand why customer service is so important. it has taught me to respect those that are in need of help and allow them to ask multiple questions if needed. Over the time that I have been working at Big w, the management is relatively reasonable, many managers of mine understand that I am still in school and understand that I am not that flexible during the week. The management team at my work are very hard working and they are able to get along with all co-workers. My co-workers and I have a great relationship, we get along very well and therefore I am very comfortable with everyone I work with. the hardest part of my job is trying to recover the whole section with in three hours, time management is definitely very important when trying to recover and juggle other jobs with in the time given. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to bond with customers and feeling accomplished when my section is 100% and looks neat and tidy.

Pros

Short and quick shifts

Cons

Store closes late, which therefore means that recovery starts late as well

Good starting job for high schoolers

When I started the typical work day was good, and the other people working there were friendly. The management were satisfactory at their jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BIG W