BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews in Werribee VIC

Werribee VIC5 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

great excellent team members and training

The people I worked with were kind helpful and excellent team members to work with , however the Roster is not a balanced and fair rostering system , I was not told over the phone but only found out when showing up to work that my roster had changed and when I asked my superior about it she said bad luck, it's up to you to come into the store and check your roster change regularly. That wont do I said to myself ' that wont do at all !

Good learning experience and Good for a first job

If it's your first job or whatever the case may be. It's a great way to gain retail experience and self development. I loved the environment and communicating with customers.

Fun workplace and a supportive team

This was my first official experience in the workplace as a an adult and after months of endless searching I was finally able to score a job and I'm glad my first experience was with Big W. I learned a lot there in terms of how to interact with customers, operating cash registers, maintaining and running a section of the store by myself for extended periods of time, recovery throughout the store, all valuable skills that will be incredibly useful for me in any future job I take up.

Excellent.

Full of friendly people who are helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers. The management are very understanding. The workplace culture is very comfortable, there is no backstabbing or talking badly about people. I have learned to be more understanding when it comes to people who work in retail, it is not an easy of a job as some people think and some aspects of the job such as targets can be stressful.

Pros

Flexible work hours, Friendly staff, plenty of different options for departments to work in.

Cons

Long hours.

A fun work place with social events raising funds for big heart.

Big W is a very busy place, not many staff to do the jobs that are needed on a typical day. What I have learned has gained me quite a lot of experience in the field of retail, and all the trades in regards to merchandising. processing and serving many customers with their needs. Management is a very strong and guiding. My co workers are the thing that keeps you most days getting up and going to work as you know you will be able to have a chat while on break and a bit of a laugh. The hardest part of my job is very physical but help is always provided at all times, and a very safety comes first company. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you got the work load done for the day that was needed, and a satisfied customers.

Pros

Free Christmas lunch provided every year.

Cons

Very long days and not enough hours in a day to get job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

Learn about BIG W in Werribee VIC

• BIG W
  • Werribee VIC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?