BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative142 reviews
Australia142 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Enjoyable job with many different departments to work in, however management can be difficult

Overall, a nice environment to work in, however management can be rude & selfish, expecting you do do extra shifts / being annoyed if you say no, even as casuals.

Pros

Staff discount, colleague friendships, easy going

Cons

Angry customers, management, little appreciation

Higher Management Dont really care.

It used to be a good company to work for. But now they are always doing a restructure every few months to get rid of people that they don't like anymore. If you are a lower level staff member you are ok ish. Overall it is an ok place to work, but i would not send my child to work there.

Pros

Easy job, make friends, fun sometimes.

Cons

Long Hours, No job security if they dont like you, willing to screw people over, give you no option other than to quit

Customer Service

have learned a lot of skills from big w including: checkouts self serve layby party store customer service on floor recovery leader recovery can work your way unto management

Pros

Stable hours

Cons

short staffed

Great environment

Great environment to work in, Most employees are friendly and helpful. I love working with BiGw, I just wish there were more career paths available and more hours.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not enough hours

Enjoyable yet productive

Big W can vary in how busy it is from one day to the next but the employees are constantly work are Highpoint to make the store as efficient as possible. With the management leading the team, the staff are always looking to improve the store through stock replenishment, presentation and most importantly, customer service. I love being on a team working towards a goal and doing my part to help Big W.

Pros

Customer interaction

Cons

Repetition

Fun work environment

The work environment for Big W has always been a friendly and welcoming one since I first started there. I have enjoyed every day at the store and wish I could continue working there. But I need to move on to other things and experience more of the work life has to offer.

Pros

Good Management, Fun Work Environment

Cons

Not enough work

Lively Workplace

Helping / serving customers Doing jobs for management Stock work Having Fun in the workplace Always stuff to do Friendly atmosphere

Learning Environment

A typical day at Big W doing work placement consisted of stacking shelves, acknowledging customers queries and working with friendly co-workers. I learned how to stock shelves and learned more about the shop rather then just shopping there. Management were supportive. Co-workers were friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job was finding where products were placed-especially products I myself do not purchase. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help customers when in need and seeing the workers friendly faces.

Productive Workplace

Great workplace with a lot of great staff members. The Managers are very understanding and helpful. It is a hardworking and happy workplace that demonstrates fun and happy employees.

Enjoyable fast paced environment

throughout my time at big W i learnt a lot and it gave me a vast knowledge of customer service and communication skills which i will hold for the rest of my life

Pros

friendly co-workers

Cons

low budget, lack of hours

Great supportive workplace

I enjoyed working with my team members and loved having regular customers. Each day was different than the last and i learnt so many new skills.

Pros

Great environment. great people.

A wonderful friendly environment to work in

I am currently working in the retail industry as a customer service associate where I manage returns, exchanges, stock availability, disgruntled customers as well as a number of other responsibilities. I work with great colleagues and we all help each other out when needed. Management provide support towards their staff and always ensure the best customer service as do I. I have been employed by Big W for 8 and a half years and it has given me remarkable customer service skills which I will bring through and use in combination with my clinical nursing skills.

Pros

Extra Hours

Cons

Short staffed at times

rewards for worker of the month

I enjoyed helping people with there questions and assistance with anything they needed while I was working there it increased my confidence in communicating effectively.

Pros

great manager

Cons

Rude customers

Customer Service

Meeting New People,Customer Service and Problem Resolution. Every day is a new day. Job Security and other Staff Benefits.

big w customer service assiciate merrylands

fund,interactive always busy with plenty opportunities to grow within the company and as an individual. great place to work for.great employers

Pros

company competitions

Cons

extremely busy during high seasons

Good team environment

Stacking shelves Learnt about team environments Hardest part not getting many hours and only night shifts Co-workers were really nice and helped me out when I first joined the team

Pros

Fun

Cons

Not enough hours

Working at BIG W

A typical day of BIG W began with arriving 10 minutes before starting time so your well prepared paper bags\ changes extra is enough to get you through your shift. The work itself is applying the best customer service you possible by politely greeting the customer and doing the best you can to help the customer as well as regular tiding of the section you work in . I learned my first stages of customer service with developed into very good customer service skills, learnt good time management skills, I also learnt good communication skills whilst working at BIG W. Management treat all employees with the outmost respect and are all great friendly helpful people with great advice. co-worker are all lovely friendly team member who supporter each other and are very good at their job. The hardest part of the job is location stock isn't on show on the store floor. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with customers.

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

low hours

Big W

Great study/work balance. Taught me many skills and allowed me to break out of my shell and interact with customers (something which I was scared of).

Pros

Staff are amazing and I have made so many friends

Cons

Only 5% discount

Proactive and fun place to work.

Big W is a highly recommend work place that has a great working environment. The people are great and so is the working conditions. Health and safety is all ways first.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Night shift

a pleasant and close family like work place

a typical shift can include working with everyone or just one employee ..serving both pleasant and difficult customers with the same amount of efficiency Both Managers and staff participate in all areas side by side I always leave feeling happy and appreciated

Pros

acomplishment

Cons

long hours on your feet

productive, Fun and comfortable working environment

I really enjoyed working at Target because of all the lovely people I got to work with and my managers were amazing !! Really made me feel welcome and made my experience working at target enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with