BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative142 reviews
Australia142 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Enjoyable job with many different departments to work in, however management can be difficult

Overall, a nice environment to work in, however management can be rude & selfish, expecting you do do extra shifts / being annoyed if you say no, even as casuals.

Pros

Staff discount, colleague friendships, easy going

Cons

Angry customers, management, little appreciation

Interesting and can be a great work place behind the registers

Hours can be slow or not enough depending on rosters and how many people decide to be in the willows air con or are there to do their own thing. Not much else I really learn since I have been there from November 2012 and I have done a lot of jobs and done what I am asked to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can have some rather excellent conversations with a lot of good customers.

Pros

If not busy and nothing to do, aloud to stand and do nothing

Cons

Some very rude customers

was a productive work place

was a work place that such productive employee which made it an outstanding place to work at everyone try the best to give the customer the best shopping experience.

Morning Tea

I work as a morning fill team member, we are a small group, but we are team that makes sure that the store is really before we open. I work with a great bunch of people, since we are a small group we get to together and 2 people every week will make morning tea, which is every Wednesday, all food is homemade, sausage rolls, honey bbq chicken wings, slow cooker bread etc, must say this is the most enjoyable time, but its not, I have work with Big W for many years, and the people I work with are my second family and this is why I have stayed so long. we care for each other and also for the company we work for, without Big W we would not have a job, and I would not of known the people I work with every day. Management are always willing to help and direct you on the right path, and always helping us to achieve more understanding of the business. Hardest part of the job is not enough staff.

Pros

staff christmas party

Cons

not enough hours

Great job great people

Learnt a lot about electrical while working here. Also meeting lots of customers was great. Enjoyed working here and made a couple of life long friends.

Was a decent first job

For a first job Big W was EXACTLY what I was expecting, I worked there for a good 2 years and i'll have memories that i'll remember forever. Overall if your looking for a career or a first time job Big W is the place to go.

Pros

Meet interesting people, learn about products

Cons

Could get boring at times, Shifts drag on

Very good experience

i have worked with big w about few months ago . it wsa very good experience working with big w . there managment was so good with co workers , and most enjoyable part of the job is to work with colleagues

fun work area

A typical day at work for me is customer service, light cleaning on the registers, and emptying register coat hanger bin. I've learned how to deal with unhappy and problem customers and that sometimes nothing you can do will make them happy, but you still have to smile and do the best you can. The supervisers are really great people, easy to talk to and easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is dealing with problem customers, but the best part is dealing with the great people that come through the store.

Pros

great break times

Cons

no milo in the break room

A fun workplace where everyone was pleasant to work with

I enjoyed working for Big W, management and co-workers were great always able to help me when I needed it and was able to over come any issues that had come up.

A day at Big W

My typical day now since returning back to work from maternity leave is working shifts as a check out operator/customer service, courtesy desk and supervising our self serve registers and helping customers. Since I started in 2007, I've gained experience as an associate to being a department manager. Now I'm a casaul employee pursuing a part-time position, whether it be within my store or elsewhere with a different company and employer. I adore my colleagues, they're a great team to work with. Hardest part of my job was while in management and doing rather lengthy shifts and not spending much time with my partner. Most enjoyable part of my job is of course all the amazing people I work with and meeting new customers everyday.

Pros

Paid tea breaks are great.

Cons

Being casual, not knowing when you're next shift is going to be.

Productive environment and teamwork focus.

My work includes tending to customers throughout the store, resolving complaints, assisting with product selection, finalising sales, monitoring all sections, merchandising and presenting the store in an effective way, arranging store clothing and products correctly and recovering misplaced stock. A fast-paced environment to work in which at all times is customer focused and driven. I have learned to work in many different departments from customer service, register operations and customer greeting to sales in the cosmetics department and security monitoring. I work within a close-knit team where all of my co-workers respect and help each other where possible. The best part of my job is understanding the needs of my customers and providing them with the best possible solutions and products for their specific needs. I pride myself on my dynamic hardwork and ability to create a relationship of trust between a customer and myself.

Productive and fun workplace with appropriate hours

The most enjoyable part of my job is returning all the clothing that customers have tried on all day and making the store look tidy again. A typical day at work includes serving customer needs on the floor where i am able to provide them with advice and find the right product for them. I tidy the clothing in a particular area and make sure it looks nice for the next day. I have a great team that i work with and i am very grateful for my position

Pros

5% discount

Cons

late hours

Good Place to Work Slowly Loosing Hours

Everyone is pretty much to their self. Not much is explained

Cons

Not Acknowledged

While I was doing my work experience at big w sunshine, I enjoyed every moment of it. It was always busy and there where stuff to be done every day. I learned how to print tickets, how to put goods on shelves and in order, I learned a lot about assisting customers and the overall experience helped me develop and enhance my retail customer service skills. The hardest part of the job for me was lifting heavy boxes and organizing them on shelves and the most enjoyable part was that i was always busy moving here and there working. I never got bored while working.

Pros

Cooperate and friendly staff members.

Big W, Carindale

It was great to get a school-based traineeship with this company. I felt they were always good to the trainee to see ach department of the store from clothing to Manchester, to check outs.

Pros

Good job security

Cons

Not enough hours

enjoyable job

enjoyed this job , working as a team , serving customers and stocking shelves and cleaning .

I have never worked here before

I'd really like to join the Big W memeber and be a part of the employees there.

fun workplace

recovery duties customer service enjoy working with my co workers management is flexibly with hours able to work

Pros

job stability (permanent parttime) contract

Cons

need more hours

A fun work place with social events raising funds for big heart.

Big W is a very busy place, not many staff to do the jobs that are needed on a typical day. What I have learned has gained me quite a lot of experience in the field of retail, and all the trades in regards to merchandising. processing and serving many customers with their needs. Management is a very strong and guiding. My co workers are the thing that keeps you most days getting up and going to work as you know you will be able to have a chat while on break and a bit of a laugh. The hardest part of my job is very physical but help is always provided at all times, and a very safety comes first company. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you got the work load done for the day that was needed, and a satisfied customers.

Pros

Free Christmas lunch provided every year.

Cons

Very long days and not enough hours in a day to get job done.

enjoyable workplace

in the short time i was there my coworkers made me feel very welcome and the other people i met in my time at big w were fantastic

Pros

the ppl

Cons

no aircon

Learning experience

I Gained alot of skills working for Big W such as customer service,Retail in the fashion Industry & many more. I enjoyed working at Big W co-workers were friendly and also management.

Pros

friendly enviroment

Cons

distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?