BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative139 reviews
Australia139 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great friendships and decent work

I had a great time working at big w, the managers can be horrible and customers too but good supervisors make all the difference. Overall it’s a decent place to work.

Good environment, inconsistent shifts

Pay and conditions were good, managers were good. Casuals barely get shifts however so you can go from working consistently to not having any shifts for several months.

Productive and relaxed work environment with a large break area

A days work at big w is mostly customer assistance whilst trying to focus on your own tasks, that would be the most difficult part of the job, both satisfying every customer and completing your own tasks, management are always nice and willing to help along with your co-workers. The most enjoyable part of working at Big W would be the environment, having so many nice people and different products around you, learning about how everything works and what’s behind the scenes.

Poor management and work quality

The work expected from management is about what you get paid for. Their pay system is horrendous and they tend to reward lazy staff over hard working staff. They say they are a family oriented company however I am yet to see how they help when families require support

Best job ever

This is the best job I have ever had, the team the culture the managers just fantastic group of people put together,everyday is different with lots to do,there isnt a dull moment, it can be stressfull at times and fast paced environment but thats just the good challenges I enjoyed

Don't work there if you have depression/anxiety

I have worked for other customer service jobs for 4 years. This company was the most unsympathetic towards my issues outside work. I was an above-average team member until an outside incident happened that hindered my performance. The psychologist hotline they recommend is impossible to contact. The best advice I can give you if you are hired: I was not trained on proper procedures in regards to the staff discount card. I had the impression that we could use it for family members and only after being fired I was told it is only for the name printed on the card. A lot of employees breach this rule as it is never explained to us. Don't make the mistake I made.

Great place to work with great people to work with

Everyday is different. Staff are happy to help each other out when they can. If you're learning a new skill or department staff in that department are happy to show and help you out so you can gain the new skills required.

Customer Service

Assisting customers with their inquiries, Putting away products, Cash handling, Relabelling prices, recovery, Answering phones, Front Door assists, Refurbished store

Fun workplace

Best workplace, friendly, great management, workplace culture can be alright, always busy, best part at work of my job is being work with my work mates and meeting new customers everyday.

Good management

Not many hrs good place to work, no pressure kpis. Ag a in every job they have favourites if young that's a bonus. I ain t got much to say more here typical r e tail busy on holiday seasonal work

Productive but was unfair towards the age difference

Had hard time fitting in and was made to feel less important than anyone older than me. Some managers were okay and accepting, whereas others were cruel.

Pros

Met nice people

Cons

Extremely rude co-workers

great

big place to work lots to learn great friends made here hours can go up or down depending on the time of year if you're a casual but the team and the family feeling makes it worth it

Productive, easy work and friendly staff

A typical day at Big W would be, I start my shift and proceed to clean up the shelves and help customers if they requier assistance. What I learned at Big W was how to be more confident in talking to people and I feel I get more confident each shift. The management at Big W are really friendly and will always be there when I need help with something that is difficult. Workplace place culture at Big W is really diverse, i've worked with a lot of people from different ethnic backgrounds and everyone is friendly to each other. There isn't anyhting I find hard at Big W I am a outgoing person and I will always complete a task no matter the difficulty but the hardest part was when I first started and I didnt have a lot of confidence to talk to customers. The most enjoyable part of my job is the friends I have made and ther customers I have helped and knowing I've done something good by either selling them a item or just helping them in general.

Pros

Staff discounts

Cons

Not enough work

Good place to work.

Big W Plumpton has a great team of managers and staff, working there is made easier by the understanding nature of the management team. A typical day at Big W is filled with having one on ones with customers, filling stock on shelves, keeping the store clean and well presented. Management and other staff members are very welcoming which makes working alongside them every day an enjoyable experience.

Cons

limited hours

good workplace

i have enjoyed working here for the past year or so, the manger is great and so are the people i work with. the hours have been flexible too as i have been working casually.

Good team, a few kinks in the hose.

The typical day at work has you most likely chatting and helping customers. Management is good, some questionable decisions, but still good. Workplace culture is diverse and full of different characters. The hardest part of the job would be providing excellent customer service, which was also the most enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Awesome team, awesome support

Cons

No voice, dead end (most likely)

Was treated horribly

Review wise, it just was not a pleasent experience working there, really bad worker respect on my end, was spoken to rudely by the duty managers and was disrespected constantly.

Pros

Workers do get discounts

I wouldnt suggest you a make a career at this place!

Most of the people there are amazing people but hierarchy make it a very hard place to work, from rule changes to high up management making rules up to suit themselves, family makes its way to work there before regular hard working people that apply for jobs! and its a purple circle place where if you suck up arses, you get treated amazingly with perks galore, if you just go there to work and be friendly, you get shat on! and life becomes very difficult to work there.

Pros

very little things like coffee in thelunch room! :/

Cons

long hours, manipulative people and bullying galore

A good place to work and to learn new skills.

It is a lot of customer service and often for me this is the best part of the job as it is good to chat with the different people. The workplace culture is generally helpful and friendly.

Pros

Different merchandise.

Cons

Care for staff

Work Colleagues are the best part about the job

There is very little career progression or development unless you are great friends with the manager. The pay wouldnt be too bad - if you were to get consistent and decent hours. There is little recognition for the work you do - you can work the same hours and harder than another person there and they will get just as much recognition for your work as you do The work culture and the people there would have to be the best part about working here though the morale in the store is very low

Productive workplace

I learnt about customers, how to satisfy them, as well as working efficiently. The workplace is nice and friendly and the hardest part of the job is always working; there aren't many breaks, however they give good pay.

Pros

Good income

Cons

Always working, not many breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?