BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative139 reviews
Australia139 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great friendships and decent work

I had a great time working at big w, the managers can be horrible and customers too but good supervisors make all the difference. Overall it’s a decent place to work.

Awesome workplace

I was only with Big W for a few short months due to my daughter needing me. In that time I enjoyed working in the beauty department and helping customers.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Poor Management

At the beginning it was great, and now im having to sestch for another job as they are not very flexible. Been there 2 years and no sign of contract.

They ask what hours you cant work, and then roster you on for those hours. I have dropped and ran for nearly all call ins and yet I have been there for 2 years and no sign of a contract. I'm feeling angry. I am now having to look for another job. Big w says that are flexible and with families, they were good at first but now it is what they say goes since this one store has taken effect, or you dont get shifts.

Pros

10% staff card

Cons

Not flexible

productive and wonderful place to work

in my time at big w I was able to be trained in almost every area of the store which was fantastic (always busy) and wonderful tool to use in customer service as I was able to sort the customers question's out with out transferring to many other staff members

Good place to work if youre going to school or studying.

A genuine waste of time. I asked management several times if I could have a pay rise or have my contracted hours increased (I was contracted to do 9 hours a week & would get around $150), it was A good place 5o work whilst I was at school & studying, but once I finished school & needed more money to pay bills, the bosses just laughed at me every time I asked for either a pay rise or extra shifts.

Pros

Its a good place to work if you're at school

Cons

They dont increase your hours or pay once you finish school.

fun workplace

was great working here but could improve the way they teach work experience students as the supervisors didn't provide enough supervision which lead to difficulties.

Pros

great attitudes (team)

Cons

need better supervisors to supervise new workers

Work doesn't feel like work!

Working at Big W has been the best experience out of all the place I have worked. They genuinely care about your health and wellbeing. Very flexible with your hours so you can work around your personal life. Everyone is so helpful and positive. There is never a day where I hated going to work. You get opportunities thrown at you, whether it is working at different departments or recieving plenty of shifts per week. Management is AMAZING. I loved my store manager. He genuinely cared about the store, guided us with the things we needed help on. Always physically helped around with the store, even if it was for filling stock or dealing with customer complaints, he was always a helping hand. Big W is a lifelong job and you can definitely make a career out of it. It's not just a job, its a career!

Pros

Decent breaks, great hours and shifts, genuine colleagues, pay rates

Cons

Nothing!

staff memebers and customers

Get to work with different staff members each day. Also getting meet new people when the customers come through your register. The management are easily approachable and be able to help with your concerns

Pros

free tea and coffee

Cons

15 minute breaks arent long enough

The employees are fun to work with

The other workers are fun, they make for a good day, there is definitely a sense of friendship among the employees. They do seem very supportive of family situations and time off when required.

Fun workplace

Did my 2-week work experience there, they were friendly. And supportive, they thought me a lot of new things about retail. Friendly staff that worked there when I did my work experience.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BIG W?

Retail

good first job, for school attendees and university students. however the overall job is trash, retail is going downhill. shopping and shop assistant is all going digital. companies don't want to pay real people when machines save them money and time.

Great Company

Big W Warwick, was an excellent company to work for. It encourage all staff, and supported them with excellent training and support. The hours you could work, suited all staff.

Pros

Great Support

Good people, bad management.

Basic job, it was alright once you got trained in every section and you didn't just have to stack shelves ad infinitum. Lots of good people to work with and you got to move around a lot which was a plus. Most of the managers were lifers who couldn't organize themselves out of a paper bag, and many had crazy ideas of what could be done, but it was alright.

Going nowhere fast

Worst job I ever ever had as a casual. Hours are all over the place so it's impossible to plan my life. So many staff have been there for years and don't get reasonable hours, yet they hire more staff so no one will ever get good hours. (avoiding super payments and lunch breaks to save money is obviously more important then there staff) Been a easy job and quite enjoyable, casual rate is good. But after 6 months of financial insecurity and no hope for better I'm looking for something else.

Pros

Easy job, good casual hourly rate

Cons

Everything else

as below

work mates are great pay is not that great for what you have to do customers can be rude but overall is a good place to work have made many friends there we all work as a team

Respectful and fun company to work for.

Personally, this company has improved my understanding of customer service, team work and sales in many areas (general, lay-by etc.). The management is delightful and the constant visits from head offices keep the staff on their feet and up to the required standards.

Supportive workplace with friendly and caring staff/management

I have learned many new skills and abilities at this workplace while working alongside very friendly and supportive staff. Managers are always present and available if help is needed. My experience at Big W Brookside has been very positive and it makes for an excellent first-time job or career.

Cons

Shortage of staff

Understand

The whole team is understanding and work closely with each other. Fun place to work and work time is flexible especially for those with family to look after

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Few hours

Big W Work Exprience

The staff members are very friendly and helpful. So is the management. There are lots of new things to learn and do. The working hours are very flexible, there are different areas in which you can choose to work. The pay is good, however, there are times when there aren't very many shifts available, if your a casual.

Pros

Christmas parties, very good working environment, friendly people.

Cons

Sometimes work can be a bit routine which is a bit boring.

The job is enjoyable but management is terrible

While working for big w i learned how to give better customer service and many manual handling procedures. The day to day work is very stressful and the work loads often unachievable. I have known 5 people who have had to take stress leave and eventually resign while working at big w. The staff constantly complaim abaout management yet nothing ever changes. They understaff every section leaving the customers angry and annoyed.

Good place to work for!

Very friendly work place. It can be very busy during Christmas time. Hours are good. Customers are very nice and friendly. Managers are good and easy to talk to.

Pros

friendly staff

Cons

Busy periods

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with