BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative139 reviews
Australia139 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great friendships and decent work

I had a great time working at big w, the managers can be horrible and customers too but good supervisors make all the difference. Overall it’s a decent place to work.

Excellent.

Full of friendly people who are helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers. The management are very understanding. The workplace culture is very comfortable, there is no backstabbing or talking badly about people. I have learned to be more understanding when it comes to people who work in retail, it is not an easy of a job as some people think and some aspects of the job such as targets can be stressful.

Pros

Flexible work hours, Friendly staff, plenty of different options for departments to work in.

Cons

Long hours.

Enjoyable and supportive place to work

The areas I worked in (recovery, checkout) were extremely pleasant and my peers made each day enjoyable. I felt supported in each role I learnt and my leaders were patient whilst I learnt the ropes.

Pros

Supportive Supervisors

Cons

Long hours sometimes.

Excellent place to work

I loved my job at big w, they were amazing and very caring with personal things happening in my life. They really care about their staff which made me sad to leave.

Friendly and productive but stressful

Great place to work with great staff and team members. The management however was not the best and ended up stressing alot of workers causing problems

Pros

Team members

Cons

Managers

Dont know

I loved working there but there were certain people there that if you didn't fit in with them you didnt get extra hours or if a permanent job came up they woulnt recommen you

Pros

Great job

Cons

Certain peop.e thought they were better than you

Enjoyable and great place to work!

Lots of opportunities to learn new things in different areas across the store. Whilst in an enjoyable working environment. The management staff are a pleasure to deal with and are willing to work around busy schedules and lifestyles to accommodate shifts and hours to work into life.

An OK company to work for

Big W is an Ok company to work for, they do unfortunately tend to cut hours from loyal staff which in turn makes those staff want to leave.Overall great company just some stores really should focus on customers rather than saving money

Productive and Enjoyable

- receiving positive customer feedback is satisfying - being able to work in a positive environment, surrounded by positive co-workers - learnt excellent customer service skills - lack of communication skills between management at times - it is often difficult to deal with aggressive or angry customers

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Limited shifts for casuals

Busy workplace with good co-workers

This can be a very high stress job, especially working at customer service where you handle refunds and complaints from customers. Very multicultural and multiaged staff and is good for forming relationships with all different kinds of people. Can be very rewarding when appreciation is shown from customers. New management is very good and attentive to needs of staff.

Pros

Good staff and management

Cons

High stress, long hours

Fun and challenging workplace, great company to be working in.

Working in Big W can be challenging, but rewarding. Learned a lot of skills regarding customers from all aspects of life (whether socially, economically or racially) Mostly work in the front cash register, but the management tend to put us in other areas, which is awesome cause we get to learn new things about the store in general. Hardest part of work is trying to deal with angry customers. Some can get physical but mostly verbal. After awhile we get used to it and learn how to deal with the problem better in the future. Enjoyable part of work are my colleagues. We've become close knitted and they make coming to work more fun and enjoyable.

Pros

Working with my friends

Cons

Feet can get sore from standing too long.

love working there but cant offer me more hours or part time

love working there but i need stable employment or at least part time. they cant offer me that and i have a child at home so my hours are restricted unfortunately

Good company

We went through to many managers and Every one promised to get me into a department but never did and they were always short staffed and that made it hard when trying to get help for customers as no one would show.

Pros

Family friedly hours

Cons

Not enough hours

not a bad first job

great first job but gets boring since moving up is almost nonexistent and hardly any change. people are lovely. don't regret working there at all but just gotta move on. hardest part is just doing the same repetitive thing whether its being at the checkouts or recovery.

It`s okay

BigW is okay, great culture, good team, great customer service etc. The management is good, there is no hard part of any job, the most enjoyable part is the customer service.

Was fun!

Working at Big W was fun, even though it was for work experience, i had a great time working in a team along side friends. we all worked well together and got everything done quick and hasty.

Vibrant Workplace

Generally full of happy people, the thing that gives the job a lower rating is the type of customers you might have to deal with. There is no support from management when dealing with abusive customers, must just accept their sudden mood swings with a smile and get on with your job. I had a customer stalk me around the store, and when I approached management about feeling unsafe, they told me to just deal with it. I have worked in customer service roles and totally understand dealing with difficult customers, but felt very let down by management who then made it difficult to enjoy working there.

first work expereice

First job experience during year 11 studies. taught me how to interact with people and try to resolve and questions they had. most of my time spent there was at the registers. taught me how to give the most correct/appropriate customer service during the busy times of the year.

Such a lovely place to be when I was there never hated it

Loved all 4-5 years I was there Never had a problem with staff or customers Some people had bad manners but that's a given in customer service Things are dealt with efficiently and you are never short of things to do

Pros

Made some long life friendships and connections with people

Flexible and good team to work with

It is very flexible with the hours and days you can work although working weekends and Thursday nights is preferred as it is retail. Meet new people which helps you to work in a team environment. Always have different managers to talk to and help to teach you new things. The main skill you will gain is customer service as everyday consists of dealing with all types of customers and their different requests.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Weekend work

-Have really enjoyed my time at Big W -Great work environment -Gives off a Family atmosphere -Customer service based -Learnt how to be a customer service representative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with