BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative139 reviews
Australia139 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Great friendships and decent work

I had a great time working at big w, the managers can be horrible and customers too but good supervisors make all the difference. Overall it’s a decent place to work.

fun workplace

I love this job love the workplace and everything about it. I've learnt so much since being in this job. the hardest of this job is dealing with rude customers and what I've enjoyed doing in this job is helping customer with their needs

fun

fun loving team, enjoy to talk with other, have jokes and have fun at same time but we got our work done, good management time,

fun and productive

work experience at big w was good the environment was great and staff members were kind,i had a great time working in there and would go back there because of the work environment.

Pros

kind people

Cons

nothing

Gone downhill with training staff and upcoming managers

Lately been a very messy experience, juggling lots of different jobs and thrown into the deep end into jobs you don't know all that well. Depending on the store, there's good and bad work ethic.

Family

Always different, with each role that I am assigned could be either assisting customers, or filling stock on the floor. Working at this business, I have learnt important skills which I apply to my personal. I have been fortunate to engage in the business of this company, and am lucky to be in the hands of professional staff. Hardest parts of the job, are the decisions which me make on our own, our improvisations, which save time and provide function to a business, Common sense and wit are essential parts, and the most crucial component in this job and all others.

Pros

Break times

Cons

Travel

Great hard - working team and environment

I enjoyed working for this company as it benefited me in positive ways such as helping me gain confidence and making me learn to work and deal with different people in the greatest way possible.

Good team to work with, good hours

I have enjoyed my time at Big W Katoomba as a seasonal job. Unfortunately, i wasn't given any warning prior to my shifts being cut dramatically. Regardless, i have loved my introduction to retail here and have learned a number of valuable skills.

Pros

Good team environment

Cons

Can be disorganised

Wonderful place to work

Great team environment, easy going staff and managers! Flexible hours if required! Different positions around the store to suit every person. Great for school students

Great plce

It is a Great Place to work get your skills up and move into the working world from Working with customers tend to be easy once you great them and find out what they are looking fore

Pros

helping customers

Cons

angry customer

working processes

What i learned at my previous work was honesty and obedience. in working time is the best thing to manage as a worker. My co worker were also good and honest to all the things they were doing to make the work Active and successful. The hardest part is when you are being acted rudely by some of the leaders.

Pros

free lunches

Retail

While working in retail was not my favourite job, it taught me alot about customer interaction on a big scale. The most enjoyable part of working is forming friendships with customers that, I, still to this day cherish.

Okay

It was okay, managers didn't exactly know what they were doing in a sense. Co-workers had many issues with eachother and wasn't a great team environment

productive and fun workplace

worked at big w recovery and fill, customer service. was fun and rewarding job would recommend to anyone. good first job

Exciting & Fast Paced

Big W was an exciting and team orientated work place. Professional and always faced with different tasks and challenges

Worthwhile, despite its failings and inevitable loss.

Great place to work, friendly staff. Management Questionable. Very strong work culture, many social events planned. Busy/fast working night fill. Slow working Days. Sales going down, likely to fall soon.

Pros

Great co-workers, almost a giant big family. No issues with staff.

Cons

Horrible Communication. Badly Chosen orders, some managers have no idea of how much time needs to be alloted for certain actions.

not the best bitchie staff

it's an ok place to work once you get over the bitchiness and understand hrs due to the place going under.i have worked the for 3 years now and found that the older staff not take well to younger staff especially when you claim the ladder quickly due to your skills, it does start stuff.

Pros

flexible hrs

Cons

not many shifts as its going under

non productive, grasping at straws

Terrible place to work in for too long, majority of managers are jaded and the ones that dont go through the ranks dont know how bad it is for the ones that did. learnt a lot how to deal with customers and not how to help them. The programs they try to instil in the business dont get to be seen or adjusted by the ones that have to use them. Visits from "big" bosses are a waste of time as its not a true understanding of how the business runs normally, this means they get 20-30 people from other stores to come in the day before to make the store look good then it goes to how it was before. managers arn't interested in helping staff. store managers are more in it for themselves and not progression for said staff. the decisions that are made in head office are not communicated to stores. more often then not a customer is telling us about a special offer and not the company. Its all about who you know not what you know. The culture is terrible no one wants to do anything, short cuts are made everywhere and normally gets dumped on the person who actually does work, then gets blamed on them because they haven't done what there meant to do which enforces short cuts and dont worry about how safe the stock rooms, ticket rooms or fixture rooms are. Most enjoyable part are the staff that come to work and try and make the best out of it despite wanting to leave so bad.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Everything else

Higher Management Dont really care.

It used to be a good company to work for. But now they are always doing a restructure every few months to get rid of people that they don't like anymore. If you are a lower level staff member you are ok ish. Overall it is an ok place to work, but i would not send my child to work there.

Pros

Easy job, make friends, fun sometimes.

Cons

Long Hours, No job security if they dont like you, willing to screw people over, give you no option other than to quit

Customer Service

have learned a lot of skills from big w including: checkouts self serve layby party store customer service on floor recovery leader recovery can work your way unto management

Pros

Stable hours

Cons

short staffed

Great environment

Great environment to work in, Most employees are friendly and helpful. I love working with BiGw, I just wish there were more career paths available and more hours.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with