BIG W

BIG W Employee Reviews for Replenishment Associate

Replenishment Associate57 reviews
Australia57 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Was a job for the sake of a job

Not going to pretend it's more than it was, was just a job for getting by, can be a career if you want if to but for the most part, a job for school leavers who want to go to uni

I still miss it!

Working at big w was genuinely the best job I have ever had, I didn’t want to leave but needed more job security as I was only a casual, I had the best team and co workers and my manager became one of my closest friends. I miss it incredibly and wish I could of stayed,I worked on Night Fill and Online shopping and i enjoyed it thoroughly. I lost 15kgs just working here!

Pros

Free breakfast bar/snack table, Good people

Cons

very tiring, not appreciated enough

Great experience

I was hired during Xmas. There were a lot of hours then, but expect to work very little to no hours after Xmas. I was hired as a casual fill team member. When you're employed, they tell you to expect to work in different positions. I've worked in 6 different positions while working here.In my experience, the people I've met while working here are kind and are willing to help if you ask, including managers. However, at times, I have had to figure things out on my own since managers are constantly busy. Regardless, the team here is great!I don't really have anything bad to say. You will probably cry once working opening hours during Xmas, especially at this location since this Big W is huge. Other than that, working here is enjoyable :)

Pros

Great team

Cons

3 hour weeks from time to time

Big w

Best place to work nice people Great job nightfall and. Recovery. Not enough full time or money. Pretty fast paced but all in all not bad didn't have any dramas . Would of stayed if not for the short shifts

Relaxed but stressfull

I was enjoying working at Big W but I have a big issue with the management, lack of Communication to each other and make confuse with the staff. Some leaders doesnt know How to handle staff but overall view I still want to work again.

Very stressful

Managers expect so much from the staff. Not enough staff members every day and pay is very low for part time. So much work not enough staff to get the work done.

Not worth the pay

Management doesn't really care about you. They have favourites and they only support those employees. From my interview, I filled out an availability sheet and told them that I cannot work on certain days. 4 months later and I still get rostered on those days. We're understaffed and are given an unrealistic time to fill the store. Work culture is horrible and no training was given from day 1.

Productive and fun

Productive day of filling stock and RF scanning. Work isn't difficult or stressful depending on the manager you get. Favouritism is always there like every other job.

Fun workplace

Was a casual doing nightfill Didn't get as many hours as I would of liked and left to take a position that offered more hours. Apart from that it was a fun work environment and I enjoyed my time there.

Not a bad place of employment.

It wasn’t too bad there, however micromanaging is a bad issue with the company. I got a lot more confident working there and met a lot of great people, it started me off and got me where I am today.

Pros

Good environment most of the time.

Cons

Micromanaging

Casual Fill Associate

Great working for Big W Taigum. The managers were great! All the team members were helpful & assisted with the load & in understanding the process! My job was great as versatile. Working on registers. Serving Customers. I loved being the door greeter guiding customers & showing what they were after . Also recovery was satisfactory, stock well presented.

Pros

Great pay rate & week roster in advance

Cons

May have no hours relying on phone calls.

Productive and comfortable workplace

I loved working with the Gympie Big W night fill team. Always had great team work and communication and the management was always helpful. I greatly appreciate the team and the time i had spent there. I would definitely recommend everything about that workplace.

Very Friendly , lovely people to work with

Receiving Stock Sort of Stock Filling Shelves Changing Shelving Layouts Packing Pallets and moving Pallets Tickets Products Counting Stock Most Day were great had a wonderful team that i worked with

Pros

worked around my Family Situation at that time

Cons

late nights

learned how to do recovery and night fill, learned how to stock, hardest part was having to do recovery over and over, most enjoyable part, interacting with customers.

Enjoyed the good vibes of other employees

Friendly environment with everyone ready to help, night shift worked in well with my schedule and so did the location. work was not so difficult and overall a smooth experience of the place.

enjoyable work place

A very enjoyable friendly establishment to work for. Staff always courteous and willing to assist with any enquiries Adequate breaks during shifts and opportunities to progress within work place

Pros

Busy clean friendly workplace

Cons

Minimal hours available, lower wage bracket

Productive Workplace

I enjoyed working with Big W as it was a Productive Workplace, and had good workplace culture. The most I enjoyed was being able to connect and work along lovely work colleagues.

the staff is nothing

Working at Big W was cool sometimes, but they do have "favourites" as a replenishment at night it was badly run or organized and was usually run by kids. the hardest part was that the young staff got away with a lot and as seniors we told off constantly.

Great First Job for a High School/Uni Student

This was my first job i worked at for 6 months as a high school student. Pay/ Benefits: The job is ideally for students wanting part time work to earn some cash outside of school. 90% of the Replenishment Team members i worked with were either at high school or in uni. Saying that, the pay was mediocre but that was to be expected in a minimum wage job with literally no entry requirements. I was working part time for the majority of my employment so i was entitled to some benefits but honestly as a High School student, i couldn't care less other than maybe the 5% discount Woolworths card. Job Description The job usually consisted of 3 hour shifts where i would ensure that the presentation of the stock was acceptable for the department i was in charge of for the day (eg. Kitchen, Manchester, Sports & gardening.) The first 2 hours were during store operating hours so customer interaction was inevitable but usually they would either ask where a particular product was or if a certain item was in stock so nothing 2 hard. I also would help the nightfill associates stock/fill shelves if i finished my job early so be prepared to work in other departments. Some days are slow, some go fast, some days the mangers get angry at you for no reason, some days you may get sh!tty customers, but in the end just deal with it and get your minimum wage pay check. Working Condition/Work life: The job was very flexible and was tailored around my school hours. I could still have a social life and have other commitments (Gym membership) whilst working at Big W and studying at school. -

Pros

Team Members, Majority of the Managers, Work/Life Balance

Cons

Pay, Customers are 50/50, Some of the Managers

fast paced employer

work our how many pallets organize fillers for night tour store with manager list requirments for night manage nightfill and assist team when need help leave store perfect for next day trade befor leave also 2 years day run store in managers absence tie up seasonal events motivate team to do good job and coach

Pros

fast paced busy retailer

Cons

alot of free time worked by all managers i store

productive and safe work place

my time at big w marion was enjoyably as i would take any hours offered and at most times the hours were easy to work with my manger at the time knew what he was doing and what he wanted done

Pros

easy hours

Cons

transport

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BIG W