BIG W

Service Associate6 reviews
Australia6 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Average

Good job for a first timer. Gain good customer service experience and also have good management. However some staff are not very friendly to work with espeically management wise.

Workplace where it matters who you are and not what you do.

The managers here don't care about how much work you do or how much you give back it all just depends on who you are. many days you can get early and leave late and yes get paid but recieve no credit for doing a good job.

Productive & Professional but always fun

I worked with a fantastic management team & team members. I learnt so much from my managers & I in turn passed that knowledge onto new team members. They were always available to help or give advice. We worked as a team to provide the best customer experience. Ballina store always presents the store to the highest standard, working tirelessly to make the store look its best. Everyone is enthusiastic & work together as a team should. I will say though I heard Big W is leaning toward what KMart is & thats a shame because the quality of clothes & other items at KMart are very poor quality. Big W always has had the edge of competitors because of the quality of our products, at affordable prices.

Pros

Everyone is a team player

Cons

shifts cut or shortened to save wages

good work place

-love to work, -friendly environment, -friendly staff, -flexible, -most enjoyable part is you will get opportunity to meet and talk to different people.

Pros

staff discount

Cons

standing

Start of proper working life

Good first starting place as exposure to customers on a daily basis improves social skills and ability to deal with problems.

Pros

Large variety to ensure always new

Cons

Manager turnover rate always meant new was not always as effective

Productive, fun workplace.

A typical shift at big W for a recovery associate is a 3 hour shift were you are required to make the products in the section you are put in look presentable and any cleaning duties that need to be done (eg. dusting). Also you are responsible for taking any phone calls for your department and helping customers in store if needed. The job gets particularly hard when you get swarmed with calls and customers needing help, as you still have to get your department looking good in the 3 hours. From my time at Big W i have learned many things such as how to use RF scanners, use the store system to search for items, customer service techniques, back dock duties and being part of a large team.

Pros

Large team, fun, reasonable breaks.

Cons

Only 3 hour shifts at a time, not many shifts, bad pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with