BIG W

Australia863 reviews

Clear
3.7Work–Life Balance

Solid friendly workplace

Great friends made working here in staff and management. Family atmosphere after working there for seven years. Good work life/balance if you have the right team

Pros

Staff discount

Excellent Staff and Decent Pay - Would Recommend.

Big W was awesome to work out, staff was great and the pay was decent for the work I did. Would recommend for younger members of the workforce. I miss working there.

Great Casual Employment

I’m not sure if this is the experience for salaried workers, but I really love this job. The management staff are all kind and caring, and do a great job of keeping everything going smoothly. I can definitely approach wanting more or less hours. Have worked there for more than a year now and expect to stay a long time

Pros

Always rewarding staff with lunches, chocolates, activites

Cons

Hard to present ideas to management and have any changes

Easy going workplace

Great place to work with really good co workers. The job is enjoyable majority of the time. Sometimes you may deal with a few situation from customers that may put you off, besides that staff and management a really supportive.

Fun workplace - lovely crew

Overall I loved working for Bigw, it was fun I enjoyed helping customers. Team member were really lovely, although I would have liked being trained in all areas of the business. Their wasn’t much fairness when it came to training and hours. Some people were trained more then others and some hadn’t way more hours.

Pros

Great crew, work life’s balance

Cons

short hours no training

Great team and flexable, lots of fun and always super busy. Challenging and rewarding. Pay is fair and there is room to build your skill set in the future

Just bad.

Your co-workers, supervisors and team leaders will generally be very helpful, happy and encouraging and giving you clear direction on what's expected from you.Management is absolutely awful. There are so many negative things I could say about this business.It's good for a first job, but beyond that look elsewhere.

Pros

Free food sometimes, other team members are really friendly and understanding

Cons

Management is terrible, rarely any hours, the customers you have to deal with

Productive and enjoyable environment

Love working at big W gateway, have the most awesomeness team , great bosses', and excellent manager couldn't ask for a better job, thxu for having me as part of the big W crew.

Great Team work

Best team of people I Ever worked with. Shame they had to close our store down is was one of the best 😢 We had top sales, great reviews and awesome place to work with lovely country people.

Pros

Birthday lunches for everyone

Cons

Shut us down 😢

A fun place to work in

Big W is a fun and nice place to work in yet salary and coworkers don’t really like to cope rate and a team in many ways employers are strict but forgiving

Pros

10%off

Cons

very stressful place of employment

work place culture was very stressful with lack of friendliness in the staff and management. Alot of very negative people to work with who would do anything to try and get you fired so they could get more hours

Pros

nil

Cons

long hours at times

Fun Workplace

A Brilliant workplace with supportive and friendly staff who are very inviting to new comers like i was, There were alott of things i enjoyed about working there but the thing i enjoyed the most was being able to meet new people every single shift and seeing the regulars.

Inefficient and Unproductive Processes in the Workplace

Extremely Clicky culture with a focus on ensuring "Outsiders" bringing in new ideas and help with the "Turn Around" are isolated and ostracised. Long Term Team Members and Management spend far to much time together outside of work, formulating Personal Vendictive Agendas.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

Smalled Minded, Self Centered, Non Educated Management

Friendly work place

All team members and managers are friendly easy to get along with and provide training needed to do the job. going to work is exciting and i am always keen to go

Productive and enthusiastic work environment

Good place to work, Enthusiastic and support team and management to work with. Fun work environment. Easy to learn the ways of the business and a really great team training you and providing feedback and tips.

Great team to work for

It was great job and great team to work for .would love to get permanent work at big .manager and training staff were great .was safe and rewarding place to work ..................

Awesome friendly staff.. Great atmosphere to work in.. Make plenty of new friends with work colleagues.. well run establishment.. Great place for a new career!!! 👍😃

productive and fun workplace

productive and fun workplace even though it was really tiring. management was really good, friendly staff and good breaks. it was mostly fun for me because my friend and i both worked together at the same branch and our teamwork allowed us to get more work done.

Productive and fun workplace

Had a good culture and with a friendly team. I learnt how to think critically, improve my customer service skills and improve my time management skills. Very flexible with university schedule.

great place

its a great environment with many different people who posses different qualities. The work is easy and can be don eon a day to day bases as a means for

great staff

I love working for Big W just wish they would be more able to advance in my job,I work with great people just not enough staff sometimes in busy times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with