BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

Work hard with no recognition

Maybe great for a first job but not if you are looking for a regular income. No contracts are given to staff only need to give you 1 three hr shift per fortnight. Managers are not supportive and dont listen to staff they sre not the best at all. Team members are great, supportive and friendly.

Same role

Very political hierarchy within most stores.

The wage is absolutely pitiful for the amount of work that you are supposed to complete within an allotted time. Short shifts are spread over a week making work/life balance impossible

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Low wages and not enough hours
Same role

it was okay

chaotic and nothing is ever where it's meant to be. management is pretty toxic and if you have an issue or are struggling, they don't care and will lessen your shifts.
Same location

Good Work Experience Environment

I did work experience at Big W from 13/8/18 - 17/8/18. It was a good experience and I am glad to have gotten the opportunity to have done it. Main tasks were ticketing and recovery of items. During ticketing I was tasked to scan items and then work with a computer to print tickets and then assigning them to the correct items.I also had the chance to assist customers in pointing them in the right direction and answering any questions they had in mind. The employees and the manager sincerely expressed their satisfaction with my conduct and work ethic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Work hard with no recognition