BIG W

BIG W

BIG W Employee Review

Toxic

A lot of bullying in-store and no actions taken for it. A lot of the more older team members that have also been there the longest seem to enjoy talking down to the younger team members and telling them what they can and can’t do just based off what they don’t like and not the store rules. I’ve been bullied for my appearance and my work. It’s a very gossip environment but not in a good way. When you first start, they throw you right into the deep end and expect you to know how to do absolutely everything even though you clearly weren’t shown or told how to do it and then they get annoyed at you for not knowing.

Same role

Work hard with no recognition

Maybe great for a first job but not if you are looking for a regular income. No contracts are given to staff only need to give you 1 three hr shift per fortnight. Managers are not supportive and dont listen to staff they sre not the best at all. Team members are great, supportive and friendly.
Same role

Enjoyable job with many different departments to work in, however management can be difficult

Overall, a nice environment to work in, however management can be rude & selfish, expecting you do do extra shifts / being annoyed if you say no, even as casuals.

Pros

Staff discount, colleague friendships, easy going

Cons

Angry customers, management, little appreciation
Same location

Strict but fun work place.

A typical night at work usually consists of working in at least two different sections in the store. Each section involves doing the same thing, unpacking cages, palettes, spotting the boxes, opening the boxes, stacking the shelves. I work in each section with at least one other person and at most there will be three people in one section at a time depending on how busy we are that night. My co workers are great there really is never a dull moment when they're around but with that said we always manage to get the work done without a problem and to the highest standard possible. I think the hardest part of my job is working in the heat, once the customers go we turn off the air con so the workplace gets hot and oh boy do you sweat! that's the only problem I have with working nightfill at Big W. I can honestly say every part of working at Big W job is enjoyable, I cannot complain about anything other then the air con being turned off.

Pros

employee discounts.

Cons

no air con.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG W. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare BIG W with

• BIG W
  • Toxic
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?